“Will definitely come back again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Valley Station, Kentucky, United States
“Will definitely come back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was my first time ever leaving the USA, much less traveling to Mexico. My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We visited from October 12-19, 2012. Customer service was awesome, especially Jessica (our guest rep), David (in the VIP area), Manuel & Sergio (the guys out front), EVERYONE was super nice and friendly. Nice rooms, beautiful location, good food, good drinks. They are in the process of updating but it was still beautiful, nice and clean. YOU CAN DRINK THE WATER AND ICE! They have a filtered and purified water system. Will definitely come back. Also visited Chichen-Itza, Tulum & Excarat while there...AWESOME! Definitely visit the spa area, the couples massage package was perfect.

Room Tip: You definitely want ocean front on at least the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Erica B, We are honored and we thank you for choosing Aventura Palace for your first trip to Mexico. Thank you for taking the time to share your sweet review; we are happy to hear that our staff provided you with the warm and special service that characterizes us.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful tours and the Spa treatments.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Hammond, la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We just returned from our 4th trip to Aventura. Big things are being prepared for the conversion to the Hard Rock, but it's still the wonderful resort with caring employees that we have enjoyed before. Service had dropped off some on our 3rd trip, but Rene, Carlos and their staff are working hard to address those issues and you can tell they are working hard to make your stay enjoyable.

Between the $1500 resort credit and the incentives they are offering members to come now so they can inform them about the new concept and what it will mean to memberships, the resorts are busier than usual. Keeping up with the demand is difficult to say the least, but there was never a time that issues weren't taken care of as quickly as possible. We just had to tell them there was an issue.

La Trattoria, the Italian Restaurant was excellent as usual, La Huerta had the coconut shrimp and steak that melted in your mouth and El Greco has tasty lunch every day.. The lobster dinner was great, better than the one we had at Leblanc.
Elias with public relations was constantly helpful setting up reservations dealing with the 12 people we brought down this time. We surprised one of the couples with a beach side renewal of their vows wedding and Rebeca in wedding planning did everything just right.

Just go, relax and enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GregD70401, We really appreciate you taking the time to write and share this kind review.
Thank you for your loyalty and support, it is great to hear that you had an amazing time in this fourth trip to Aventura Palace.
We regret to hear that you noticed our service dropped off; you can be sure that we will share your comments with our Management team. Feedback is very important for us as it helps us to improve our quality and service.
However we are glad to know that our Staff and Management went above and beyond to make your stay memorable.
We are happy to learn that you loved the food at our restaurants and that your overall stay was wonderful.
We are looking forward for your 5th visit in the near future.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I waited for a few months to write this review because I could not put it into words. So here I go. First the staff was great!!! I will start with what I call the “dream team” or as they call themselves public relations. I wanted this trip to be special so I e-mailed the resort and somehow I was connected to the sweetest PR person ever. Her name is Martha, She is the best, I love you Martha! I told her that I was celebrating my anniversary and she went to work making things perfect for us. When we arrived after a long day of travel, our room had a whirlpool filled with bubbles and champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were sitting on the side. The best word to describe this trip is divine! Martha even made a special anniversary dinner reservation for me and my husband at El Greco restaurant which was facing the ocean, and the chef prepared a lobster and steak dinner for my husband and a delicious vegan meal for me. Yes, they even accommodate vegans!!! Marcela, is a kind yet gentle “women in charge” and Luis was a handsome “ball of energy” those two are a part of Martha’s” dream team” and they jumped right in with Martha and made our entire trip wonderful. I had an opportunity to meet their manager Rosy, and she was just as accommodating, and attentive. If I told you about all of my wonderful experiences it would be about two pages long, and I don’t think I am allowed anyway. So I will list some others that made this trip such a blessing
Vacation Planners: Grace “the best”, I love you Grace. I have to tell you one story about Grace; She put together my itinerary and worked magic, after I changed my mind about 10 times. She literally came out of her office and found me getting a pedicure so that she could place my new spa itinerary in my hand. I never saw anything like it. Also I met Angelica who was a sweetheart. The waiters, maids, front desk, hostesses, and bartenders were all there to say “My Pleasure”, and I think they meant it.
My visit to Aventura Spa Palace was simply 7 days of pure fun and relaxation
I recommend that you have the “Romantic” which is under the golden package
If you are a stressed out couple, then this package will relax you and rekindle the fire in your marriage. My husband and I got our own huge private suite, with our own therapist who pampered us. We sipped on champagne while we sat in a relaxing whirl pool. Also we had private steam and sauna rooms, topping it off with an aroma therapeutic massage. Simply blissful. Because of the $1,500 dollars in free spa bucks we had spa treatments every day, including manicure, hot stone pedicure, “Inhibit Facial”, deep tissue massage
I have included some my massages favorites: Deep tissues back massage aroma therapeutic, Zen shiatsu, and the Samunprai herbal. Also my favorite facial was the “Inhibit”
This is my last story, I promise! As you know I was there for my anniversary, and what the resort did to help us celebrate is why I call my trip to Aventura Spa Palace “too good to be true. Martha and her dream team put together a party so that my husband and I could celebrate our anniversary. The party included a casino table, a buffet of food, and Jell-O shots!!! Martha and Luis even did all the decoration for the party. We met couples during our stay and they all came to the party. I have one word to say about my party… wow!!! Let me leave you with this, Aventura Spa Palace is a great place for couples to have fun, relax, and rekindle romance in your marriage. The secret to having a trip like my trip is to e-mail the hotel before you go and tell them what you want, and I promise that they will say my pleasure, and you will have a trip that is too good to be true.

Room Tip: Email or call public relations before you arrive. Doing a little bit of planning before you arrive w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Lisa A, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our resort. We are thrilled to know that our Public Relations Team and the rest of our staff helped making your stay unforgettable. Martha, Marcela, Luis and Grace will be very happy when they read your kind review.
Thank you for choosing Aventura Palace for this joyous occasion as is your Anniversary.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that you had a great time at the Spa.
We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Calabash, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Folks the resort is nice and the people who work there are great but there are some issues to address, none that should keep you away though. For this review I’m going to put my observations and comments into a few buckets – Transportation, Food, Entertainment, Facilities and Personnel.

Transportation: As a Palace member transportation from the airport to the resort and back again is complementary. I like this function very much especially for transportation to a resort that is over an hour each way. But this trip we were forced to wait excessively long at the airport before leaving for the resort and the transportation people at the hotel required us to leave five hours before our scheduled departure causing us to have to sit in the airport for over three hours. This was a real dissatisfier but to the resorts credit I have already been contacted, apologized to and assured they will put improvements in place.

Food: Better than most resorts but not as good as Moon Palace or Hard Rock Punta Cana. Breakfast on the adult (Spa) side was pretty normal with a couple of exceptions. The lady that made the eggs and omelets was a perfect example of grace and efficiency. No matter how many people were in line she would just crack, mix, pour, spread, add fixins and fold without missing a beat. Over easy – no problem – just crack, flick away and stray shell, gently flip and serve. I never saw her break a yolk or mess up an omelet. What a great show to start the day. The rest of the breakfast offerings were fair – chorizo was very tasty – but missing was the old buffet staple, bacon. Some mornings a platter would be out and other times you had to ask the egg lady for some – just weird. Good assortment of fruit, cereals, etc. I never went to the family (Cove) side for breakfast but my wife grazed through one morning and said it was basically the same with one glaring difference – they have smoked salmon near their bagel station and adult doesn’t - odd.

Lunch is buffet and pretty similar on both sides – only the Cove side has a pasta station though. Cove side also cooks burgers, steaks, etc. on a grill unlike a griddle at Spa. Fresh grouper is very good and seasoned with a nice little kick. The rest is blah-ish cooked dishes and sometimes good veggies. Guacamole is excellent wherever you find it.

Dinner is buffet at Ventanas only and the rest are ala carte. We were disappointed with the Mexican, especially being in Mexico. For example, the tamales were stuffed with a bland masa that contained nothing that resembled pork or chicken – just mush warmed inside a corn husk. Fish and alfresco dining overlooking the sea is wonderful at El Greco – try the tuna or grouper as entrees and calamari app was very tasty. Italian was tasty but had very odd portioning. The lasagna entrée was large and yet the caesar salad was literally one forkful of greens – huh? Momo, the asian themed restaurant was fair at best. Sushi was base and few options available. The rest of the menu could be surpassed by any Chinese take-out in the US. Mundaca is OK but the steaks are thin – hopefully once the conversion to Hard Rock is complete the steaks will measure up to the ones served at Toro in Punta Cana. Room service food is surprisingly good and efficient.

Entertainment: There really is something to do for anyone if you want to. The trip to the Tulum ruins is run by a couple of Mexican sociologists who are very knowledgeable, friendly and have excellent communication skills – it’s near to the resort and a great way to spend a half day. Walking the grounds you can see some native species of animals like coati’s, agouti’s and monkeys – no need for a zoo trip. Then there is the tireless entertainment staff – led by two pretty young ladies named Ana Giselle and Carolina, they offer something to do all day and night – but never pressure you!! They had a beach party one night with a local band playing 60/70’s music, a buffet and bar – what a great time. Previously mentioned spa is wonderful. Golf is offered at a different Palace property in Playacar, a short 20 minute drive that is included in the package. The Nicklaus designed course is long and difficult but very enjoyable – unless you stress over your score. After golf there is a snack bar with sandwiches and during the round a fully stocked refreshment cart circles the course frequently and all is included in the 200 resort credit cost – a very good deal. There is more to do and less if so inclined – well balanced offerings.

Facilities: The resort is made up of two sides, one is adults only and the other allows children with adults. It’s fairly large but easily covered by foot or by shuttle between resorts – and that is the perspective of a person with a severe respiratory limitation. Rooms are very clean and comfortable albeit a bit dated. They are on the small size and some have a bit of a musty odor (the odor can be masked by getting the aromatherapy option). The spa is very good and well run like other Palace/Legendary spas. The exercise facility is a bit dated but very functional – you can get a decent work out. Several pool options with different environments. For example, the pool bar on the adult side is noisy and gets a lot of attention from the activity folks – but it also has frequent waitress service. Other pools a bit quieter and less crowded. Important to note is that people rise early to use towels they got the day before to “reserve” their loungers and the good ones go early – it’s a rat race out there. There is no beach but there is a wonderful shallow lagoon that you can snorkel, swim or kayak in. It’s full of tropical fish and a delight to experience.

Personnel: Some of the best there is! One serious reason I joined Palace and subsequently Legendary/Hard Rock is that they command the best personnel in the area. No hiding brand liquor for tips like some other high end resorts – these folks just want to do their best at making your stay enjoyable. The lady who cleaned our room was Elizabeth – she was thorough and responsible. The people who do the turn-down in the evening (never saw them because we were out) are equally excellent – changing towels, remaking the bed, putting new scent in the aromatherapy pot, etc. The waiters and waitresses are all pleasant, efficient and enjoyable to be around. And at the top is a group of managers that train, lead, improve and above all make sure guests are taken care of. The only criticism of management I have is that they need to spice up the menu a bit but I bet that will happen with Hard Rock.

Conclusion: So, would I go back? Yes I would and once the new airport is built in Tulum it will be even easier to do. Recommend to others? Yes but let’s talk because you need reasonable expectations – there are better Palace and Hard Rock properties available but this one is very good and will get better. Last word is a thank you to Palace and Legendary Hard Rock for having such great opportunities.

Room Tip: If the room has a musty odor ask for the aromatherapy upgrade and within a few hours you will never...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear aging_nicely

On behalf of every member of the Aventura Palace, I would like to take a minute to express our gratitude for this wonderful review posted by you in tripadvisor.com

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced with our complementary transportation. We would like you to know that we have shared your comments in this matter, and suggestions about the variety of food, with our Management and all of the involved departments, in order to take the corresponding corrective measures to ensure the total satisfaction of our valued guests.

However, we are very glad to know that these inconveniences did not affect your overall stay. Our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and we are really glad to know that you had a wonderful experience here at our beautiful resort.

I will pass on a copy of your review to our staff, particularly Ana Giselle, Carolina and Elizabeth, whom went out of their way to provide you with a unique vacation experience, they will be very happy and feel just as we do very proud of the impressions they left in you.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Aventura Palace.

Best Regards
Hamilton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have $1500 of "spa credits" to use but the spa is completely booked. You can't get anything when you want it. PLUS, we left our room at 6am today and put the "please clean" sign on the door... just got back her eat 4pm and it's STILL not cleaned. We left a couple of dollars on the ice bucket, hoping the housekeeper would give us ice. Someone stocked our fridge during the day, and the tip is gone but guess what? No ice. This place SUCKS. When I called the front desk they said, "We're really busy". I will NEVER come here again. Do not waste your money or time. Plus, honestly, the food is terrible. Anyone who says it's good has never been out of their little village in South Carolina. (No offense to South Carolinians.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guillermo G, Agent Customer Service at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear lisa,

Thank you for posting your opinion in Tripadvisor. We are sorry about the issue that you had with respect to the service at the hotel and yes we recognize that we had a tough month of November since we were in a transition period to the new brand and we are taking steps to fix any delays in the front desk. Just to let you know the room service staff does not change the ice in the room because they do not know what time you get back and that’s why we have ice stations on every floor. And with respect to the spa we understand that this is a very popular service at the hotel because we are the only hotel that allows you to use all 1500 points in the spa. And I am sorry that you did not like the food but with more than 7 restaurants and room service in the hotel for sure you found something that you liked. I hope you give us another chance and let me know if there is anything that we could do to change the opinion that you have of the Aventura Palace.

Regards.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a great 7 days of pure heaven. The room was wonderful, the food was excellent and lots of it. The staff were the most friendliest I've meet in Mexico. The Spa was incredible with very expierenced massage therapists. My wife received a facial that she loved and a massage for the first time. The drinks were great and they did'nt hold back on the alcohol. The desserts were my favorite and I think I gained a pound a day eating them. There seem to always be something happening so you could be as busy as you like. Rock wall, monkey tour, evening shows, volleyball, pool games, kayaking, snorkling, take a shuttle into the shopping area, did I mention the food and desserts and drinks. We travel a lot and this was on the top for everything. I thank my friend for recommending Aventura Spa.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out to where you can see the monkeys.
Dear Bob H

We are extremely pleased to read your review in which you detail the wonderful time you spent in our hotel, thanks specially for recognizing the friendliness and politeness of our staff members; they are indeed our most precious resource.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed some of the activities that our valued guests can find here in Aventura Palace and we are delighted to know that our gastronomy, the spa services and the diverse wildlife in our beautiful hotel have made your stay with us an unforgettable trip.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back we will do our best to ensure that you have a wonderful experience.

Best Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We really had a great time. My wife and I and other family mothers have been here a number of times. The grounds are still beautiful. The restaurants are still very good with each meeting your individual tastes. I thought the gym and its facilities superior. My wife loved yoga and I enjoy the spin classes. Our room was very nice but I do agree that it is showing its age a bit. We also stayed 2 days at the Playacar in Playa where the rooms are nicer (but the hotel does not match up). The spa is absolutely wonderful with a fabulous staff. Yes, it is hard to get time in the spa so make sure you do it as soon as you arrive. The pools are beautiful but we found them a bit cold to go into. Don't neglect the lagoon. If you were expecting a beach then you did not look at this place carefully!
There are some negatives. You can see some cutting back. There were some issues about the spa credit that were really hard to straighten out. The room towels looked a bit old and worn. While there is lots of good food, I really felt there was less then past years. A number of people commented that they would not come back once it went Hard Rock but we will see.
The most positive thing in this place are the people. While we do tip NO ONE had their hand out. The workers deserved every tip we gave (and more). I hope they keep everyone there when the change over happens.

Room Tip: Stay close to main lobby if you want easy access to the spa and gym and 3 restaurants.
Dear FORHILL

Thanks a lot for sharing this review with readers of this important internet site and with us at Aventura Spa Palace.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced with our Resort Credits. We would like you to know that we have shared your comments in this matter, and suggestions about the food quality, with our Management and all of the involved departments.

On the other hand we are really glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience here at Aventura Spa. Providing a warm, personalized service in the core of our values but also in the heart of the Mexican hospitality and so, we are happy to know our staff made your stay a special one. We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!