“My 'Happy Place'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Save Saved
You added Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 72, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Spa Palace)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Lewes, Delaware
“My 'Happy Place'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I just returned from my eighth trip to Aventura Spa Palace / Cove Palace. I brought three girl friends and we stayed in the Presidential Suite on the Spa side. I love, love, love ASP/ACP. The people are friendly, the lagoons are great for snorkeling, and the service is usually exceptional. I must say I was a bit disappointed this year with the service, though. I have to come to expect phenomenal service from Palace Resorts, and although it was probably still better than anywhere else, this year it was not up to the usual Palace standard. No one thing that occurred was egregious or even a big deal, but there were so many small things that it started to mount up. For instance: 1. We did not get turn down service the first two nights. I had to go down and request it. After that no problem; 2. Our mini bars, coffee and tea stations were not restocked for several days. We had to leave notes to ask them to refill; 3. The Presidential Suite has a pillow menu. A couple of the girls requested pillows from it. The staff called to see if we received them. We informed them we didn't. No pillows came that day. Next day, the girls tried again. When the desk called to confirm our receipt, we again told them we still had not received them. They came shortly thereafter; 4. We killed a cockroach in the foyer and placed a tissue over it. Cleaning staff removed the tissue and left the cockroach there; 5. Cleaning staff obviously removed trash from the bin for some reason and forgot to remove it from the room. A small pile of tissues, etc. was on the shelf over my friend's bed. 6. One of the girls found a used tissue in her robe at the spa - which means it obviously was not washed before it came to her. 7. They would only leave a chocolate on one of the beds at night so the other person in the other bed missed out. Started some fights! haha 8. The service in the restaurants was not as attentive as in previous years - over eight days only one person offered to carry a plate back from the buffet. Usually you can't walk back fast enough before someone offers. We had to flag people down to get tea and drinks refilled at breakfast. So, as I said. Nothing even close to a major problem, but Palace sets such a high standard that it is noticeable when they don't hit it.

We did receive exceptional service (i.e. typical "Palace service"!) from several individuals. Notably: 1. Miriam at the Spa Office. She scheduled our appointments, and made the whole process very fun. We went to the Spa Office as soon as we got off the van from the airport, so we were in a celebratory mood. Champagne was freely flowing, and Miriam was a wonderful sport. She got all of our appointments arranged for the same times, and did it all with a big smile. Really great. 2. Lucy Montejo (sp?), waitress at the Spa Lobby Bar. She was really great! Offered to carry a round of drinks to our table in the lobby plaza while the other girls were looking at jewelry. She helped us on several days and was always very friendly and great fun. 3. Roberto Canapa on the Cove side. He was incredibly attentive, and was the only person who offered to carry my plate back from the buffet. He offered us a special juice at Mundaca that we loved, and made us feel very special each time we came in. 4. Elvira in the hydrotherapy room. She took us around the circuit, was extremely attentive and a lot of fun. 5. Jac (Joaquin) on the entertainment staff on the Cove side. He is always very friendly and always knows what is happening. 6. Miguel Angel Rivera Torres (may have mixed up the order) was our server at the Chef Dinner. My friend has a gluten allergy and he took special care to make sure she got non-gluten items. She said it was the best meal she had to that point, and was so delighted with how well he took care of her.

On that point, ASP and ACP deserve kudos, too. My friend was extremely concerned about how she would manage her gluten allergy. When we arrived, we told Member Services and they gave her a letter written in Spanish explaining her special needs for her to present to the servers at the restaurants. On several occasions the chef came over personally to make sure my friend was properly accommodated. By the end of the trip, they had her selections ready and delivered to her at the table before she even asked. She was really thrilled.

Thanks ASP and ACP for another wonderful week. I hope the little hiccups we experienced are cured when the transition to Hard Rock fully occurs. Please do not tamper with the Cove lagoon because I live to snorkel in there. In my opinion, it is the standout feature (along with the incredible spa) of the whole resort. I will be back next year to see! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
On behalf of Aventura Palace, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review expressing your observations on our resort.
We strive to provide you with the best possible service and when you feel that we did not meet your expectations, it is important for us to know, that is why we thank you for pointing out what you consider both our strong and weak points.
However, we are glad to know that the mentioned inconveniences did not affect your overall stay and that you had a great time.

We are looking forward to host you again at Aventura Palace.

Best regards.

3,737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I have been Palace members since 2006, and stay at Aventura at least once a year. This particular trip in March was a "girls only" vacation with my adult daughters. I was very concerned about Aventura after reading so many negative reviews and what I realize now was very inaccurate information posted by prior guests.

First of all, the Hard Rock transformation of this property will not fully take place until the fall. As Members, we personally prefer that this adult-only property not become a Hard Rock property but time will tell if the association with Hard Rock will prove to be positive or negative. It is NOT true that the band playing by the pool 3 times a week is the result of the Hard Rock affiliation, nor is it true that the music played throughout the property is rock music. The band playing at the pool (3 times a week) was the result of a decision made by the entertainment staff and we found the band to be outstanding for the 2 hours in the afternoon that they played. There is also a band playing in the lobby in the evening as well, also a welcome addition. They are not playing “hard rock” music and certainly were not the least bit offensive. To quell another rumor, there is still transportation provided for FREE to the Palace property in Playa Del Carmen twice a week, instead of every day. I believe this was strictly for financial reasons. As Members, we feel that the “stay at one, play at all” policy for Palace properties should be, and now is, limited to Members. Previously, it included all guests, Members or not.

The rooms were well kept, and the food continues to be first class. Our refrigerator was stocked daily. What sets the Palace properties apart from other all-inclusives is that their evening meals are served as a sit-down, menu-style as opposed to a buffet. You get what you pay for in an all-inclusive vacation, If you are looking for cheap, Palace is not a good choice. If you are looking for excellent food and a higher quality of property, Palace is the way to go.

I saw a cut in the number of staff in the restaurants and bar, what I believe is another financial move. While we waited longer than usual for food and drinks, the quality was still superb and the staff both cheerful and entertaining. They all work very hard yet we never felt that anyone was “crabby” or behaved as if under duress. Additionally, there are many staff members that I know now simply because I have been visiting Aventura since 2006 and I see the same faces every year, which in and of itself speaks highly of Aventura.

The pool bar staff is outstanding and make the best mojitos in the world! The bartenders are so much fun to visit with and they truly enjoy their job, which is certainly reflected in the quality of the drinks. The entertainment staff at Aventura is unbelievable. I don’t know when these young people sleep, if ever. The same people have been working there as long as I have been staying at Aventura and I continue to be amazed at their enthusiasm for everything they do, all in the name of entertainment for the guests.

The Spa is a small slice of heaven. I have never had a massage in the U.S. that was the quality of those at Aventura. Plan on using the Spa, even if just for one service, just for the experience. You must make your reservations soon after arrival, however, as they are quite busy and the time slots quickly fill.

It is true that there is no beach, which has never been a concern of ours. Why the fact that there is no beach at Aventura comes as a surprise to some people who stay there is beyond me. That fact is not hidden from the guests or anyone looking at the Palace website. Always research any property you plan on staying at and there will be no “surprises”.

As a repeat guest, I still give Aventura 5 stars and highly recommend it. Just remember, as Americans we are VERY spoiled. When you enter another country, you must understand their culture and that their way of thinking is different, not wrong. Please don’t be the rude American that we read so much about and that gives the rest of America a bad name.

Room Tip: This property has 3 floors and I would ask for the top floor with an ocean view if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of Aventura Palace, I thank you for your kind review.
We are glad to know our service was up to your expectations; our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times in the future and once again giving us the opportunity to host you at one of our Palace Resorts.

Best regards.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have love Aventura Spa Palace for over 3 years, but this past trip was even more fantastic than before. The people were as friendly as ever, many we know by name, but the food was even better, with new items on every menu. The Spa treatments were wonderful. The service was great and the entire resort extremely clean. So far, the changes to Hard Rock are subtle and do not take away from the wonderful Spa and beach/lagoon experience. Plan to go back in May or June!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful and enjoyable experience at our resort
Our goal at Aventura Palace is to always provide the best stay possible and we are really glad to know your expectations were fulfilled.
We are looking forward to see you again here at Aventura Palace.

Kind regards.
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Due to my positive experience with Adventura Spa I upgraded to LaBlanc. I am so sad to say that my first experience with LaBlanc did not meet my expectations.

It all started when I made my reservation online. I needed to change the dates so I called the hotel directly. I spoke with Ganet Correa and she was very unprofessional and did not assist me. I asked to speak with her manager Adriana Wences who was not available. I emailed Adriana twice and it took two months to receive a response. I figured out that I could cancel on the website and rebook again before I got her response.

Upon arriving in Cancun my sister and I were greeted and transported to LeBlanc. The driver was very pleasant and professional. The check in process was efficient. We were both ready to start our vacation. While unpacking we were called by Miguel from guest relations twice within one hour. He welcomed us and invited us to meet with him in the lobby.
We met with Miguel and he informed us that a portion of the resort credits can be used for the spa. I was taken aback because I was not informed about this when I upgraded to LaBlanc. I was told that I would get everything plus more.

I work for a Hedge Fund in Connecticut which happens to be a very high stress and demanding job. My vacations are used to de-stress and rejuvenate my mind, body and spirit which has always been accomplished at Adventura Spa. I requested to speak with someone that could authorize a portion of my credits to be used at the spa and Miguel told me that he
would have someone call me in the morning. I spent the next day at the beach and by 4:30pm I had not heard from anyone in regards to my request. I saw Miguel a few times throughout the day assisting other clients and he never acknowledged me. I gave him the hand gesture to call me and he never did.

It was apparent that we were not getting a response from Miguel so we called the public relations manager and spoke with Leslie Velez. She said she would call us back within the hour but informed us that it did not matter because the spa was booked due to 100% occupancy. My reason for booking into LaBlanc was to use the facilities at the spa.
Now the spa credits were useless and my staying at LaBlanc was pointless. It was visible that we were not getting any results so we called Andres Schmidt the General Manager.

We relayed our situation and asked if we can be transferred to Adventura Spa. He immediately made our request possible and provided transportation within one hour.

Due to this unfortunate experience I have no desire to return to LaBlanc and would like a full refund for the upgrade.

I would like to mention that upon my arrival at Adventura Spa I was greeted with a warm reception. I would like to give a special mention to Antonio and Maria at the front desk for accommodating me in an efficient and courteous manner.

It is now a month later and I have not gotten my refund due back to me from the transfer from LeBlanc to Adventura Spa and I have not gotten any positive feedback from Ramon Becerril from Memeber Services or Jetzabel Nunoz Galves, Developers Representative. I have emailed them both over six times and nothing has been done.

Information from member sevices is very misleading and not openly reviewed up front. After investing as much as I have into my Palace resorts membership, I do not have a direct contact. At this point I am owed back almost nine hundred dollars and I still do not have someone that can help me.

Room Tip: Do not upgrade your memebership. Customer Service and Guest relations are horrible. They stalk you...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of Aventura Palace I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I kindly ask you to please contact customerservice@allinclusivecollection.com for proper follow up.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just got back yesterday from Adventura Spa. There were 6 couples in our group. We all had a great time. The service was great. The rooms were clean and well stocked. The food was wonderful. We were afraid after reading the reviews about the changes to Hard Rock, that maybe we should have gone somewhere else. I'm glad we didn't. It was was as great as any of the other Palace Resorts we have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Our goal at Aventura Palace is to always provide the best stay possible and we are really glad to know that you had a wonderful experience and your expectations were fulfilled.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
Moneta, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We went to Adventura Spa Palace with friends. When we booked we were charged immediately for two full weeks (July 2011), then in January due to work had to change to 9 days. We STILL have not received our $2540.00 refund for the nights not used. Every day during our vacation we spoke to someone at the resort. Here we are back home and still trying to get our money. BEWARE OF ANY CHANGES WHERE YOU ARE DUE A REFUND, they do not respond and only give excuses!!!! Since this was such a pain, I would not recommend at this time...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of Aventura Palace, we regret to know about your perception and deeply apologize for the inconveniences you may experienced. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us and kindly ask you to contact us at customerservice@allinclusivecollection.com for the proper follow up.
Kind regards
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We came here for a wedding in July 2011 it was so great the staff were great and friendly, the food was yummy and i would go back in a second. well maybe not in july it was really hot ! i would have loved to on a beach but the lagoon was very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful experience, our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one for our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to share your perception on our resort , we are happy to know your expectations were fulfilled and we hope to host you again at Aventura Palace.

Best regards

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!