OK, I am sure many of you are like me. We read the reviews and get all nervous. I read almost all the reviews and after visiting this place, either I am rock star or there are many troubled people out there. I do not, cannot, understand all the negative reviews.
The beach....there is none (per se) How can this be such a revelation for some of the reviews. Did you look at any information before you scheduled? I asked myself, how many times have I gone into the ocean or gulf? Very few. They have a very rocky coastline with large waves. What they created, are man-made lagoons. They connect to the Caribbean. They do have fish in them. They created a sand (or actually crushed shells) area around them. To me, this is perfect. You see and hear the waves but are not bothered by them.
The grounds, unbelievable. They are perfect. Well taken care. The pools are great too. They have a staff that helps entertain. Nothing obnoxious, just fun. Hugo was great at keeping the party going. We did not have to play the 5 A.M. drill to get up and reserve a beach or pool chair. There were always some available.
The rooms, very nice. Never a problem with housekeeping. I ordered room service only once and it was prompt, warm and tasty.
The food. Now this is an area dear to me and gave me the most concern with some of the reviews. I felt that food was close to cruise ship quality and in some cases better. We ate twice at the Mexican restaurant-La Hacienda. Both meals were wonderful. The best meal was had at the steakhouse Mundaca. We were invited by the manager and lead chef for a special meal. Jorge Pech who was the manager did an amazing job serving us along with his waiter in training-Onan. Lucio the chef created a masterpiece of a meal.
We also ate at Momo No Hana which is the Oriental cusine. It was great as well. We had sushi which was prepared very well.
As mentioned earlier, the food is a huge part of my vacation. I went on a kitchen tour that they offer and saw behind the scenes. They take preparation and hygiene very seriously. We even watched how they would prepare sushi and served some to us.
The service--the best I have ever experienced. They staff is helpful in all areas. Two staff in particular, Eduardo (lobby bar-Cove) and Josinto (pool area) chased down special request beverages for me. They really helped make us feel special.
The Spa, it is awesome. I have never seen such a facility. I had my first massage in my life and it was great. The $1500 credit is used for real things and helps enhance the stay. I brought $100 in ones and fives. I know you think tips are included but if someone is treating you great-reward them, it goes along way. I saw one couple request a special Mayan coffee. This is a five minute production for one waiter. It is like a show. The couple finished and then just left. My philosophy is reward when you are treated great. If the service was great (which is always was) I tipped.
We did do the "timeshare" talk which is actually a pitch for a vacation club-not timeshare. It was harmless and we declined the offer. We were rewarded with enough money to cover Xel-Ha for two people. This is not covered by the resort credit.
They have a show every night at the Cove side of the resort. They are just plain fun. If you are expecting Vegas, you won't find it. This is a great quiet resort so you can enjoy your spouse and friends. it is truly the most relaxing time I have ever had.
I had some specific requests for housekeeping. Everyone speaks very good English. The housekeepers were less English-speaking so I used Google translate to leave hand written notes for them. My special requests were followed precisely. No problems with lap top internet which was continuous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico