“Experience of the lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Dolphinaris Park Riviera Maya like an insider
$159*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: THE FIRST AND ONLY DOLPHIN INTERACTIVE PARK IN THE WORLD !!!The first and only Dolphin Interactive Park offers you this sensational opportunity to engage yourself with a spectacular array of Dolphin Interactive activities at an unbeatable, affordable price.Have a magical day with these amazing creatures engaging to your own pace in more than 8 different activities.Choose between the Full Day and the Half-Day (AM or PM)options.Observers package includes all land based Dolphin Planet activities.The experience that Dolphinaris PARK Riviera Maya offers goes beyond just swimming with dolphins, it is as well a learning activity where you will run your fingertips along the sensitive skin of these citizens of the deep blue and will feel the power that hides beneath their gentleness. Dolphinaris PARK Riviera Maya offers a variety of dolphin swimming programs included, that vary in duration, catering to people of all ages from young children to the mature adult. With no waves, algae, and no strong currents, Dolphinaris PARK Riviera Maya's controlled and stable atmosphere guarantees a non-stop service that will provide visitors with a wonderful experience regardless of the weather conditions. Designed by world famous enterprises with 8-years experience, this habitat accomplishes its two main goals: amusement and preservation. With a multi million dollar investment, we have put into operation a state-of-the-art life support system that changes the same water in the pools every two hours. Dolphinaris PARK Riviera Maya is a highly entertaining option and a fresh choice in the market that guarantees quality, consistency, continuity, availability and amusement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Poprad, Slovakia
“Experience of the lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This park is something unique. It is the most ineractive experience with dolphins you can find.
It is an experience you will never forget.

Visited September 2012
WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Park Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear visitor, we appreciate your comment and we do our best to keep the greatest facilities for you. We have designed beautiful programs for our visitors so that you can enjoy every second at Dolphinaris. We agree that swimming with the dolphins is a unique experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good experience but less activities than expected, photos overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Note: if I could I would give this a 3.5.

I had a really good time at Dolphinaris Park. I did the morning half day and my 3 water activities were belly ride, dolphin kiss, and dolphin "dance." My biggest complaint/note on these is that only the belly ride is a true activity. This was true of all the groups I believe - you did one interactive activity and 2 other photo op activities. I think that's unfortunate because I personally (and I think a lot of other people) were nervous for the first belly ride and then it was so exhilarating that I immediately wanted to do more. I wish I had realized when booking that 3 activities really meant one. I had expected that you would do the belly ride and the foot push, etc. That being said the trainer/full day prices are not that much higher, and I think I would have had really preferred one of those.

Another quick downside note: there is a lot of waiting and there are also a lot of extra costs - if you want towels, bring them or pay extra; lockers are extra, etc.

On the pictures...the prices are completely and utterly absurd. They're at least 5x what would be reasonable *tourist* pricing (basically if you want 3 pictures, it's $70 and anything more is >$100). However, everyone wants their picture...and they restrict cameras (even though there are plenty of water proof cameras - like mine - and you spend most of your time standing off to the side) so everyone ends up buying. I guess that probably they more more money this way, but I think it leaves a bad feeling when you're leaving.

On the dolphins condition: I've seen people touch on this in prior reviews and management keeps on coming back and saying that they're withing code and they love the dolphins. I will say first and foremost that I know nothing about the maintenance of dolphins, and I assume (hope) that the people making the code do. That being said, I found it depressing that the entire environment was fake (ie there was no access to real ocean). I will also note that to my eyes the pools looked small for creatures that swim so quickly, and my dolphin's nose had peeling skin, which didn't seem like a good sign to me. Again, I don't know what is normal and what is not, but I sincerely hope that a lot of the money they're making is being used for the dolphins.

Visited December 2012
Dear visitor, we would appreciate that you could contact us via chat, email or phone and we will solve all your questions. It will be a pleasure to recommend the best program for everyone. We also offer towels and lockers for your comfort and we can give you information about it. There are programs that include them and there are others that don’t include them.
Cameras are not allowed for your safety and the dolphins’. We avoid any type of accident like dropping your camera and in this way you can enjoy your swim. However, our photo and video department is in charge of taking our visitors’ pictures for your comfort and you can choose an option which is optional.

We have a very professional team who cares about the dolphins and revise them periodically to keep them healthy. The peeling on the nose that you mention is something they make when interacting with other dolphin which is part o their nature. Our visitors can be sure that our dolphins have the best care and love by our trainers who give their life for them.
The sizes of the dolphinarium are completely approved by Mexican NOM-135-SEMARNAT- 2004 (ECOL 135 7.4), which also matches with de American and European ones, and the dolphinarium has good dimensions for dolphins’ life.

Alliance, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Swim with the Dolphins Dec. 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thanks to my friend Diane, I was able to swim with the Dolphins, that was tops on my list!
Very close to resort, have to take a taxi, but wasn't much money.

Visited December 2012
Dear visitor, it’s great you had the chance to do this wonderful experience of swimming with the dolphins. It’s something to remember all life. Dolphinaris will continue doing their best for you and our dolphins.

Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I had swimming with the dolphins on our bucket list. So, yes it was an expensive excursion, but something that I always have wanted since Flipper was famous!
The place is very clean and lockers are provided, but bring your own towel! Also, you have to take off all your jewelery, so better to leave that in your hotel in your safe.
The whole experience was amazing and educational as well, learned a lot about these beautiful creatures. The only down side was the crazy pricing of the pictures. I would have loved to have some pictures of us with the dolphins, but for $29 a piece???? That is ridiculous! Yes you get a better deal if you buy more, but 3 pics for $69 is still outrageous. While we were there, many people skipped the pics. IF they would bring down their pricing to lets say $10 a piece, I think almost everybody would buy all of their pictures.
Also, the food at the cafeteria is overpriced. $7 for hotdog and fries....And that was the cheapest!

Vancouver, Canada
“Fun Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great entertainment and great experience. Quality experience wit the dolphins, but picture too costly and visitors with us not allowed close enough to take some personal pictures, not cool.

Visited December 2012
WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Park Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear visitor, you will always find quality at Dolphinaris due to the great care and love we give to our dolphins and the best attention to our visitors. Pictures are optional for purchase and we offer different packages. Our photo and video department is very professional. Only swimmers are allowed in the swimming area for safety. The trainers are totally paying attention to the swimmers and the dolphins. The programs cannot be interrupted and this is the reason why non-swimmers are not allowed in this area.

We appreciate your visit and you are always very welcome.