“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Aventuras, a PADI 5-Star Gold Palm Resort, is located in the Omni Beach Resort in the Puerto Aventuras Marina, minutes south of Playa del Carmen and north of Tulum. You will also find our professional staff in the Aventura Spa Palace along Mexico's Riviera Maya. Our dive services include hotel transfers from most accommodations in the area. We invite you to experience the lush Caribbean reefs and amazing cavern and cave diving of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Our location is perfect for the diver and non-diver alike with white sand beaches at your doorstep, Mayan ruins, and Eco-tours just minutes away. We offer excellent dive travel deals and packages assuring you a Caribbean vacation filled with world-class scuba diving, quality lodging, and fun for the entire family.
Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We finished the last 3rd of our Open Water Cert. with Dive Aventuras. Dive Master, Alex was a WONDERFUL instructor - very knowledgeable, very thorough, extremely safety conscious in the water - And made sure we saw all the wonderful creatures in the water.

Thanks Alex!!! You're the best!!

Eugene, OR
4 attraction reviews
“First class dive operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was thoroughly impressed with Dive Aventuras on a recent trip. It's only a couple minutes from the dock to the reefs and our DM Max was as good as any I've worked with. He explained the process prior to our trip out and checked in frequently with everyone.

While the reefs aren't as impressive as some of the ones off Coz, we did see a huge variety of life (turtles, rays, eels, giant crabs, etc.). I also like that you can come in for SIs and sit by the pool/beach instead of just hanging out on the boat.

If you are staying in Riviera Maya and don't want to spend your entire day diving, it's much more convenient than taking the ferry to Coz. Also, Puerto Aventuras itself is interesting to explore before/after diving. There are dolphins. manatees, seals and rays, and the pool/beach area right outside the shop in the hotel is very nice too.

Visited November 2012
Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
“Fun and easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the third scuba dive I have taken in Mexico (cancun, cozumel and now here) What I liked most about this one is how close everything is and how easy it is for someone who has never been on a dive. Here is how it went. First you watch a safety and educational video. Then you take a 10 point true false test, within minutes after that you are in your gear and heading to the hotel pool that is less than 20 feet from the dive shop. Working with your instructor in the pool you learn the basics of diving and spend about a half on hour in the pool. Once you have comlpeted pool lesson it is a three minute walk to the boat where your dive equipment is waiting for you. After a two to three minute boat ride it is time to dive.

Portsmouth
7 attraction reviews
“Dive Aventuras (newly qualified OWD)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Well I have got to hand it to DA in the way they advised me, before leaving the UK, and then managed my requests for dives once I was in resort.
I only had time to do 2x two-tank morning dives with them, and was (healthily) a little apprehensive as these were my first dives post Certification anywhere.
From the outset I felt I had joined a group of guys who were happy to advise and mentor should I need it, as it happened, because the operation is so slick, my group of certified OWD's were sized and issued hire kit as required, into wetsuits and on the quayside for the Safety briefings before going aboard the dive boat in a very shot time, and off we went to the local reefs.
Orientations were 1st class from both All and Froy and the underwater comms and control were again excellent.
All dives went well and with plenty of wildlife etc to be viewed, were over all too quick. As we were so close to the shore the boat ran back to the quayside to llow us a break / SI / and to swap tanks.
The 4 dives with DA will always be special due to them being "the start" of my new diving career, next time in Mexico I hope to advance myself with the speciality courses offered by the team, I know it will be money well spent, I highly recommend Mike, Candida, Froy, All and all the boat crew and staff to all prospective customers looking for a professionally run outfit who clearly enjoy what they do.
Located in Puerto Aventuras which is a great place to visit anyway, so bring the family who can shop, watch Dolphins being trained (for free) right next to the Diveboat dock, or just sunbathe and splash about in the pool.
You will not regret diving with Dive Aventuras, pm me if you need more info.

Colchester, Connecticut, United States
“excellent Mexico Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was in a group of 13 divers, we did 12 dives. Dive Aventuras was a great dive shop. All the employees were very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. They were extremely organized and flexible, I give them 5 stars plus.