“Absolutely Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort to your Saves list
Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77750, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Taylor, bc
“Absolutely Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

If you want a place to go relax and enjoy the sounds of the waves crashing in the sea...this is the place. Not a party hotel at all, and all quiets down in the neighbourhood around 11pm, which is nice. You can still hang-out at the local pubs after that if you wish. I recommend ``Mangos``. Tracey is very friendly and welcoming, teamed up with Jorge and it`s just plain awesome. Omni is very accomodating and just and all around great hotel, with excellent snorkeling at the beach. Dani at the pool bar was great. I travelled here with my mother and brother, a great family place. Thanks Omni for a great Mexican experience, my first ever.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband and I were set on having a destination wedding, and the Omni turned out to be everything we wanted and then some. I honestly cannot begin to say enough about this place...from the staff, to the food, to the rooms. And the wedding! Uhhh-mazing.
We stayed in room 307 and had an amazing view. Laying in the hammock and looking out at the ocean was one of the best parts of my day there. The pictures on their website are very accurate, but it's even better in person. Everyone we came across on a daily basis was very friendly, but we have to especially mention Sol and Nathael. Sol is one of the hotel managers, and she is fabulous. She makes things happen and you can be confident that if you have asked her for something, she is going to take care of it. She really cares and wants you to have the absolute best experience during your stay. Nathael was one of our waiters/bartenders at the wedding, and we just fell in love with him. I feel like I'm sounding a bit ridiculous, but these people really are that great! After the wedding ceremony, we all dined on surf & turf and shrimp diabla....it was incredible. And you must have the mixed greens with goat cheese. It was possibly the best salad I've ever had. Simple, but so delicious.
I read another review from someone who chose to go through the hotel directly for the wedding planning. It may have reduced the cost, but I believe the wedding package INCLUDING the wedding planner was totally worth it. Sharon kept in touch with me throughout the whole process, and she had fantastic suggestions...a lot of which ended up saving us money. She was extremely organized and fun to work with. She even met us at the airport the day we left to deliver our pictures to us!
Which brings me to the photographer. Incredible! Pamela Starr La Lande is her name, and we are totally obsessed with the pictures she took. My friends have even said they look like they're right out of a magazine.
We chose Sabina Tamm as our celebrant...also perfect. She was a lovely woman - one of those people that just makes you feel good. And the ceremony she performed was beautiful. I would suggest her if you're looking for a more relaxed, spiritual (and not necessarily super-religious) ceremony. We also paid extra for a live musician. We chose Javier Rojas, a classical guitarist. You just pick whatever songs you want for your ceremony, and he scores them. He is an amazing talent, and the guitar mixed with the sounds of the crashing waves...don't even get me started. Gorgeous.
The town of Puerto Aventuras is great, too. We really enjoyed just walking around and enjoying the area. I would recommend any of the restaurants...we tried almost all of them, and they were all delicious. The creperie right near the hotel is a nice lunch spot.
I'm going to stop rambling, because I could go on and on. We had a fantastic time, enjoyed fantastic service, had the wedding of our dreams, and we can't wait to go back!
Muchas gracias to the Omni!

• Stayed January 2011
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Our room looked over the ocean and we had a jacuzzi on our balcony! Need I say more?! We had a great time at the Omni. The service was great, we had our breakfast delivered at the room, and the shower was also amazing!

We had a great time. I wish we would've stayed longer...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We came here for some much needed rest and specifically chose it to avoid the folks at the all-inclusives who want to drink and party. When we checked in they gave us a double when we reserved a king. After we pointed this out they moved us to a king room as soon as one was ready.

However, when we came back from dinner exhausted and ready to sleep, we found the restaurant across the road had a live band playing so loud our room vibrated. I asked to be moved but was told the only other room was a double a few doors down, which really wouldn't help any. I was also told the music goes on until around eleven. So here I am in our room desperately wanting to sleep with extremely loud music blasting into our room.The music it actually pretty good, just not what I want in my room when exhausted. This isn't really the hotel's fault, but I requested a quiet room and this isn't it. If they can't move us tomorrow or the next day our whole vacation will probably be ruined because we're early to bed and early to rise and can't get any sleep.

Anyone considering booking here should not do so unless you like to stay up late...at least half the rooms face the restaurant with the loud music, and you don't seem to have the option to avoid them.

• Stayed January 2011
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Omni Guests,
Sol Morales, our Hospitality Manager was happy to change your room the very next day to accommodate your needs for a quiet area and a king bed, which became available.
We apologize for any incovenience and have contacted the local management of the marina area in order to avoid these types of situations in the future.
We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us at our resort.
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I have been to Cancun 8 times, and stayed at different Hotels each time....this ranks right up there as my favorite.... maybe Barcelo in playacar tops my list.

Room was upgraded from get go to Ocean view just by asking ( and being an" online club member")

Food was great... Sushi Shack was fabulous....drinks were served at nonstop pace... beach was super as usual.. The staff overly friendly.

The "fancy" dining restaurant called "DaVinci" was a bit overated both in quality and service...I would not get all excited if I could not get a reservation there to eat...the hotels main dining area was just as good in my opinion

pools weren't "too cold" as many many reviews state

All inclusive is the only way to go

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

It's a mexican-themed hotel set in a gated condominium development. You could set the whole lot down in Miami and you would never know the difference. We have just had a great two weeks travelling the Maya sites in Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucatan and this was to be some relaxation before returning to London.

To be fair, the rooms per se are big, well laid out, clean and comfortable but overall what a disappointment. Each room has a balcony with a jacuzzi but none of the rooms (as far as we could tell and certainly not ours) offer any privacy and when we tried to use the jacuzzi the water was brown. "Marina view" rooms overlook the dolphin pools but also experience the live music from the closest restaurant each evening. The sea view rooms get the sun but cost an additional US$70 per night.

Our room was not ready when we arrived so we had a margarita at the lobby bar. In the last 2 weeks we have had a LOT of maragaritas and this was BY FAR the worst. It was also the most expensive and came in a polystyrene cup.

The hotel is surrounded by uninspiring shops and average restaurants. We tried two restaurants and neither of them even sold Mexican wine.

The beach is very narrow and you have to be careful of rocks as you walk into the sea.

If you are looking for a beach resort where you can feel that you are not in Mexico then this place would probably be fine and I imagine all the gated resorts along this area would offer the same experience.

Also, avoid room 101. We looked at it and the level of privacy from other guests walking past is awful.

It's simply not a boutique hotel and the views are not great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Past Omni Puerto Aventuras Guest,
Thank you for posting your candid review of Puerto Aventuras and our resort. We are sorry that the area and amenities did not meet your expectations and was not the experience you were looking for during your stay.
It is understandable that we cannot always be the best for everyone´s discerning tastes, but we will continue to strive to meet and exceed our offering for all those who visit our destination.
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We are enjoying our Christmas vacation at the beautiful Omni. The hotel is decorated nicely for Christmas and is very peaceful. The lobby area is very quaint with nice sitting areas. The grounds are very nice and clean. The beach side jacuzzi bar is big and wonderful! Right on the beach and places to sit and enjoy the view. The restaurants are very good especially the breakfast that comes with the room price. The pools are nice but cool right now due to cooler weather lately. There are plenty of pool and beach chairs. Never have to worry about finding a spot with a great view.

Our room, 303, has a beautiful view of the ocean. You can hear the waves while sitting on your patio. Also, the jacuzzi on the balcony is a wonderful bonus! The shower leads out to the jacuzzi on the patio which is also very nice. The room is spacious and the balcony is as well. The beds are comfortable but wish we had two queen beds but the doubles are working out okay. Make sure to sign up for the Omni rewards membership (which is free) so you can get complimentary wireless internet in room and other perks! We are really enjoying this hotel and do not miss the all inclusive crowds!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Dear Current Omni Guest,
What terrific feedback and gklad you are enjoying your stay with us at our 30 room resort, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. It is quite the gem, and we are fortunate to have such wonderful Associates working with us, who deliver genuine hospitality to all our guests.
We are happy to read that you are enjoying your experience and the hotel´s facilities.
The Omni Puerto Aventuras has been named one of the top resorts in Mexico by the Readers of Conde Nast Traveler and has made their Gold List as well.
With your valuable comments, we continue to take pride in our achievements and will continue to strive for excellence in service and our offerings.
Wishing you and your family the very best for the New Year and look forward to have you come visit again soon! "Su casa" awaits you always.
Warmest regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort? Share your experiences!