“a lovely experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort to your Saves list
Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77750, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
houston, tx
“a lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed in room 307 from June 2 to June 8. All the time we were there the hotel was at about 30% occupancy, so we didn’t have to mess with crowds of tourists. The hotel as a whole is very nice. It’s not a luxury resort, but it’s easily the nicest place I have ever stayed at in my seven years of traveling to the Mayan Riviera. Our room faced the beach, and we had a whirlpool and a hammock on the balcony. It was perfect!

The positives… top of the positive list is the hotel is NOT all inclusive. The place has been meticulously well maintained, and our room was cleaned daily. The service was great, so I was sure to tip well. The employees were very nice, helpful, and honest (I accidentally left the safe open one day and nothing was missing when I returned to the room). The pool was expansive and very clean. Now the beach wasn’t as large as the one in Playa Del Carmen, but it was clean and picturesque, and we didn’t have any trouble finding a couple of lounge chairs under a palapa. We spent 5 days lounging and reading on the beach!

The negatives… The pool closed at 6pm (Omni should consider keeping the pool open until 8). Also, I didn’t like all the small children in the large pool. They should have stayed in the smaller kiddy pool.

This was my first trip to Puerto Aventuras (PA). The area is a master planned residential/ tourist/ commerce zone (similar to Playacar). You have to enter and exit through a security gate, there are restrictions on taxi drivers, etc. At its essence, PA is an upscale fishing community. The harbor winds through rows of hotels and condos and single family homes, and visitors are free to walk the docks and marvel at the impressive array of yachts and catamarans. Forming a large ring in the center of PA are several tanks of live dolphins. Visitors are free to sit or stand alongside the tanks and observe the dolphins. I felt fascinated by the dolphins, but I also felt saddened by the fact that the poor creatures were not allowed to live freely in the ocean. We met plenty of American ex-pats that now live in PA and own some of the restaurants where we ate. I recommend that you rent a bike and ride around the whole of PA.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Rome, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I went on one of those stays where you have to go to a meeting and they try to sell you a membership. It is a little stressful but for the prize it relatively convenient. We have been to many different places and this was by far the best food ever. Everything was excellent, the staff es great (take lots of $1's) Not recommended if you have kids, they have no activities for kids, except a child care.

We upgraded to ocean view. Best thing we could have done, the view at this resort is amazing. Would go back if the prize is right.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We arrived at the Omni on a Friday afternoon and went straight to the private beach. There were, at most, 5 other people on the beach in that area. We were promptly greeted by a waiter and he brought us food and drinks. (Get the chicken nachos - they are delicious!) The waiter came around often, so we never had to hunt him down. The beach was beautiful, and so relaxing. We figured it would get more crowded as the weekend went on, but we were pleasantly surprised! We never had to search around for an open beach lounger, and we were always able to get some sun pretty much wherever we wanted. Our guest room was spacious and adequate. The balcony is a little small, but it's really neat to have a hammock and private jacuzzi out there. We used both and were pleased. The hotel restaurant is very good, but there are also at least 5 other restaurants in very close walking distance. We tried out three of them and were never disappointed. The prices are typical of a tourist town, but the portion sizes are generous. The hotel overlooks the dolphin adventures area, which means there are dozens of trained dolphins swimming in their tanks, which you can walk right up to and watch. The paid "swim with the dolphins" excursions go on right out in the open, so you can see all the dolphins' tricks for free! All of the nearby restaurants surround the dolphin area, so you can sit on their patios and enjoy the animals too. There are also little shops and a convenience store by the restaurants, so you have pretty much everything you need in a very short distance. Paradise Tours has an office on-site at the hotel, so you can book snorkeling, deep sea fishing, etc, from there. (We did both). The price of the guest room was very reasonable, especially considering the wonderful location and atmosphere. It's a one-hour drive from the airport though, but didn't bother us since we booked a transport through Paradise and it was just my husband and I in the van. Sign up for the Select Guest program if you want free internet while staying there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I traveled to Mexico to attend a birthday celebration with friends and we stayed at the Omni Puerto Aventuras Resort....what a hidden gem! This 30 room resort is located about an hour south of Cancun in a gated community and was perfect for our little group to relax and enjoy the pool and beach. The staff were friendly & attentive. The jacuzzi bar between the pool & beach was quite fun! There are small shops and restaurants within walking distance and along the way you can watch dolphins swimming in the lagoons or you can swim with them if you like. My room was lovely & large with beautiful tiled floors and a jacuzzi tub on the balcony! Also on the balcony a hammock for relaxing! The resort allowed us to take over their restaurant for the big birthday bash and the food was very good. This resort is quiet and relaxing, perfect for a romantic getaway or just a much needed vacation! There is a golf course in the community - although I did not play on this trip but will try the next time. Additionally, it is close to many sightseeing venues. There is a tour office on site at the resort that can assist with arrangements for touring. I will return to the Omni Puerto Aventuras - hopefully very soon!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I don’t even know where to start about the Omni. Everything about this place is wonderful! As soon as we go to the front desk, they were taking our bags up to our room. That was just the beginning of our relaxing stay.

We stayed here during our wedding elsewhere in PA, as did some of the guests. The rooms are a decent size and are white glove clean. The adjustable A/C is a welcome relief to the heat. On the balcony, there is a hammock and Jacuzzi available.

The Omni is located right on the beach. There is a pool onsite, with staff walking around to take care of you. If you do nothing else while you’re there, make sure you try the nachos. I’ve never had nachos like I had at the Omni. They are by far the best, with a great cheese and toppings to chip ratio.

If you like to stay cool while sipping on adult beverages, there is a swim up bar available and it accommodated all 20 people easily. If you want to get the true feel of the beach, there are stools on the other side of the swim up bar as well.

It was a little windy while we were there, but normally, you can snorkel right off the Omni beach or just sit there and watch the waves. I could never tire of that view.

Sol was absolutely wonderful during our stay. I don’t know if that woman ever stops smiling. She was always courteous and helpful and went above and beyond anything we asked.

Miguel was also amazing. I don’t know if that guy ever sleeps. I swear he was there whenever we walked by the front desk, regardless of what time it was. He was also helpful and courteous.

While they are not an all inclusive resort, I would highly recommend the Omni. Their staff always seems happy and willing to help and we always had service with a smile

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

We arrived at the Omni Resort last week. We were there for 5 nites and 6 days. We purchased the timeshare vacation. It was great. We were upgraded to a ocean view room at no charge. We arrived at the hotel around 11:00 am and we checked into our room at 12:30 pm. The room was very nice. Floors are marble. Bathroom is marble. We had a mini fridge and a safe in our room. We overlooked the ocean and main pool. It was very quiet. Just wish the room could have been alittle cooler. The staff at the hotel are the best. Very nice and helpful. There are activities all day long every hour in the pool area. The large pool has a swim up bar that is great. THere are several other pools. The restaurants are ok. After 5 nites at the same restaurants it gets old. Nice breakfast buffet daily with omelet station. I requested watermelon juice daily and it was delicious. Dinner is also a buffet at the main restaurant. Themes vary. Mexican is the best nite. It includes a show with dancers and crafters set up booths. Beach nite theme is also great. Dinner is set up on the beach and also included dancers and dj. Best item on the menu is the grilled shrimp. Other items are just ok. We did go to Hooters and Outback because we got alittle tired of the food. Expect to pay double at hooters and outback. The waiters are wonderful. Very nice and helpful. I did try to tip daily as I know they make little money and are such hardworking guys. The timeshare tour was suppose to be 90 minutes. After 2 hours I requested to leave. Very informative tour but longggg. One other couple we met were on the tour for 3 hours. I would highly recommend the Omni and I cannot wait to go back next year. We met some great people and enjoyed our stay very much. This hotel has alot to offer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We had an incredible time here. The staff was friendly and helpful. Food was great in the hotel and local restraunts,(which are easily in walking distance.) It's a quiet area, so don't look for great nightlife, but that;s not what we wanted anyway. Great homebase for exploring Mexico. quick trip to Xel-Ha, Xaret, Xplor, Mayan Ruins, and cenotes. We just had a blast. Swimming with the dolphins, manatees, and sea lions are about 100 yards away. Internet cafe close by, rental car, tour company, dive shop and golf course.
The room itself was incredible. strong A/C, jaccuzi, hammock, absolutely clean.
Like I said we just loved this hotel and Puerto Aventuras in general. We'll probably be going back next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort? Share your experiences!