We recently stayed here over New Year, arriving in the afternoon we went to get some lunch at 2.30 only to be told the restaurant was closing. We then thought we'll get a bar snack at the pool bar but were told the kitchens were closed. We had one drink and then at 3pm to our shock were told the bar was closing. The lobby bar was not open at this point the pool & beach area were very busy to the point where we could not get a sun lounger nor a seat to even sit in. We headed up to our room and ordered room service. Several items on the menu were not available and we settled for 2 tuna sandwiches. I wish we hadn't bothered. They forgot to put any tuna on both sandwiches and all we got was a little bit of lettuce and lots of tomato which we found when opening the sandwich to look for a trace of tuna. My partner doesn't even eat tomato. In addition to this I had to open the door for the room service guy as he said he could not leave it in the hatch - I was just out the shower so a little inconvenient.
The rooms at the Omni are great and well appointed so for us it makes up for all the other disappointments. Jorge at reception is fabulous and really deserves a pat on the back for doing a great job. The bar staff were certainly not as friendly and hospitable as Jorge.
We've stayed here before and we'll stay here again because we love the hotel but..... the bar staff do need a refresher course in customer service and although New Year is one the hotels busiest times of year they should look at providing ample sunbeds/seating around the pool area. On New Years day we had the same problem at 9.30 in the morning, people had been down and reserved all the sunbeds with towels books, hats etc so we were out of luck again.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach
- Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Omni Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Omni Puerto Aventuras
- Puerto Aventuras Omni
- Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.