We won a 3-night stay at the Omni Puerto Aventuras at a school fundraising auction and decided to add 3 more nights on the last week of October to make it a wedding anniversary celebration. It was a leap of faith because you never really know if the website is accurate or not - never been there, no expectations - just wanted to get away for a week. We were so blown away by all the amazing surprises and perks of staying at this hotel that we are DEFINITELY GOING BACK!!!
1. Gorgeous white sand beach and coral reefs teeming with life - Imagine wading through warm calm waters and seeing tons of sea life swimming around you. I'm nursing a frozen shoulder so I couldn't go snorkeling, but it didn't matter - I just had to wade waist-deep and look down at the corals and colorful fish of different sizes and shapes. We even saw several thin long fish "running" on the surface of the water on their tails! My husband went snorkeling and had a blast! Sure, the beach was small but at that off-season time of year, it was big enough to secure everyone staying at the hotel a happy spot under the Mexican Riviera sun.
2. Swimming pools and wading bar - I'm not a pool person but it's nice to know there are alternatives to people who don't like having sand in their swimwear. The wading bar has two jacuzzis, one at each end, bar stools and some bar tables all in the water. And they know their food and drinks. We tried mostly everything in the menu and they were just delicious. The drinks (you've got to try their margaritas and pinacolada) are to die for.
3. Free breakfast - We live in the SF Bay Area, so that having poached eggs with all the bells and whistles and fresh fruit/juice, coffee and sweetbreads with stunning views, warm breeze and pelicans diving into the water for their morning chow is not our idea of a free breakfast.
4. Beautiful (and CLEAN) hotel - We got so spoiled here that it was so hard to get back to our usual routine in the US. Whoever designed the hotel did an outstanding job with all the details and function. The rooms are clean (plus you have your own hot tub in the privacy of your deck) so you can enjoy the evening either listening to the live band music somewhere in the restaurant stretch if you have a garden/street view, or relax as you look at the ocean if you have an ocean view. Our first booking was the street view and I really liked dancing by the deck, and we switched to the ocean view later on which my husband liked better, because he likes to relax and sleep more than I do.
5. The Stretch - The hotel is situated beside a dolphin cove where you can swim with dolphins, manta rays or feed manatees for half the price and double the time you get to do at Sea World. Around this cove are several Mexican and Italian restaurants all with outdoor seating. There are no wrong choices to make - we explored and so did our palates and ended up gaining a few pounds. Communication was a very pleasant experience. People spoke broken English and we spoke broken Spanish, but we had a great time. There are also a lot of stores for souvenirs where you can haggle using broken Spanish. We got jewelry dirt cheap as well as other items that you normally pay more at other local stores or in the US.
6. The Sweetest Staff - One of the most important considerations I have in rating a place is the service, because even if the hotel and its perks are the greatest, if I felt in any way dissatisfied with how I have been treated, I'll never go back. We just fell in love with the people here. They were warm and friendly, and are always alert to make sure you are taken care of. From manager to food to the cleaning staff, we give them all our thumbs up. What can I say but "thank you" to all the extra effort and care they showed in making our stay - and our anniversary- the best yet. From check-in to check-out, it was perfect.
If you like night life, choose the garden room and have free live music streaming in until 11 pm. I...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.