“Excellent hotel off the beaten path” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort to your Saves list
Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras 77750, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
san francisco
“Excellent hotel off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Omni is an excellent hotel. I stayed here for eight days and enjoyed everything about the hotel.

FOOD: good; had both room service and meals at the hotel restaurant. Everything was good, though nothing was outstanding.

ROOM: large, nice and spacious. The nighttime music can be heard from most street-side rooms, however, it ends at 10pm. I recommend a sea-side room.

AREA: the area has a small marina and about 30 shops (1/2 are bars and restaurants and 1/2 are stores, including a convenience store). About 1 kilometer away is a supermarket if you need anything else. Dolphin Discovery is located adjacent to the property (swim with the manatees, dolphins, and sea lions)

Room Tip: sea-side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband, son, and I have been all over the world, and one place we consistently come back to year after year is the Omni Puerto Aventuras. It says a great deal about the way a hotel is managed to see the same wonderful familiar faces after almost ten years, who also remember you each time you visit. I do not have much to add to what has already been said by other reviewers, other than to thank the staff for another relaxing June vacation for my family. We really did not want to leave... And to anyone considering staying here, you will not find a hotel with a finer staff who always go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special and that they really are happy to see you. Keep in mind the vibe here is very laid back- relaxation is the order of the day- but service is outstanding. Special thanks to our friends in El Xenote who are so sweet about preparing and serving the fish we catch (with, of course, a hamburguesa for our son). And a special shout out to Abner, who is so patient with me as I butcher the language and who tries to teach me a little more Spanish during breakfast each time we visit. :-)

Room Tip: We prefer the marina view rooms, where we can sit on the balcony and watch the dolphins and their tr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Past Omni Puerto Aventuras Family,
"Gracias" for such a wonderful review of our unique, intimate Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort. It is truly a gem, with only 30 oversized guestrooms, located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, that is harmonious in it´s surroundings so that a truly relaxing family or couples vacation can be enjoyed.
We are very proud of our Associates, who pride themselves on delievring warm, genuine hospitality in order to fulfill our valued clients experience. It is heart-warming to them that so many of our guests remember them, and acknowledge their moments of service provided. They truly enjoy seeing the familiar faces come back and visit year after year as well as to welcome the first time guests.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome your family and you back home to "su casa" one day soon. We will be waiting for you.
Warmest regards,
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed for 8 nights between 26 April and 04 May 2012 and enjoyed a fabulous stay in room 307 at the Omni. Although the hotel only has 30 rooms surprisingly it was not full during our stay and the restaurants in Puerto Aventuras were also relatively quiet.

I agree fully with the other reviews praising the excellent location, pool area, restaurant and staff so will try and provide some additional information about the hotel:

Room - We slept comfortably on the wide 6' 6" bed. Our bath towels were changed twice daily, Beach / pool towels changed daily and a nightly bed turn-down service provided. We also enjoyed the almost daily towel art display we received. The free wifi worked well in the room and we made use of the fridge / minibar to store additional items purchased at the OXOXO supermarket opposite the hotel entrance.

Swimming Pools - There are 3 pools with 2 being interconnecting and suitable for children as the deepest area is 3 foot deep. The pools were at their busiest on a Sunday when some local family's purchased day tickets to enjoy the hotel's facilities.

Beach - very nice but quiet small. Work is commencing shortly to recover some of the beach lost to past hurricanes. There are some rocks and stones in the shallows of the sea so you would be advised to wear water shoes.

Hotel Xanute Restaurant - We really enjoyed the American breakfast each morning. In the evening it is the only restaurant in PA that provides a view and the sound of the ocean although after 7:30pm you are just left with the sound to enjoy. Food quality was good and represented value for money although more expensive then the other restaurants in PA.

The Omni was recommended to us by friends and we have no reservation in recommending this fabulous hotel to others.

Room Tip: If possible I recommend you stay in a 3rd floor Ocean View room as the view and lack of any noise at...
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Puerto Aventuras is a gated community about an hour south of the Cancun airport. The Omni PA is a 30 room boutique hotel on the beach. We loved our stay here! Our room was on the third floor (the top floor) and therefore, had a cathedral ceiling. The room was spacious and clean. It had a walk-in shower and you could go from the shower outside to the balcony and to the spa tub on the balcony. Of course, there was also an entrance to the balcony from the br. The balcony was large and had a hammock which my husband enjoyed. Our king-sized bed was firm and comfortable. I should mention that there are no elevators in the hotel so if that is an issue for you, request a room on the first floor.

Oh, I should mention that we had an "American Breakfast" included in our package. It had everything you could want: a fruit plate or fresh squeezed orange juice, two eggs any style, a choice of meat, a basket of sweet rolls and tea or coffee. I read elsewhere a complaint that you had to order this breakfast but that is not true. The American breakfast is the most expensive meal on the menu at 195 pesos. You could order anything you wanted and had a credit of 195 pesos. The breakfasts were excellent and promptly prepared. We occasionally enjoyed the Mexican eggs.

Service was wonderful at the Omni. Special thanks to Jorge in reception, Abner at breakfast in El Xenote, Miguel at the Pina Colada and Edier, waiter on the beach. Each tried his best to meet our needs and usually exceded our expectations. An example of the fine service: I had ordered too much for dinner one nighta at El Xenote. The next day for lunch I took my pulled pork to the restaurant and asked if they could heat it up for me. That's all I wanted. They wanted to know should they make it into tacos for me? Did I want guacomole? etc. All I wanted was for then to heat up my dish. They always wanted to go the extra mile.

Unfortunately, due to several hurricanes and the enlargement of the entrance to the marina, the beach is quite eroded. However, there is beach space to the right and left of the hotel where you can relax on the sand under palapas. The snorkeling in front of the hotel is quite good. We took our own snorkeling equipment but you can rent it. We saw turtles -- actually swam with one for about a minute-- a small ray, various small, colorful fish, and my husband saw a moray eel. The beach is shallow for quite some time and the surf is calm. We did not see any sea urchins--yay!

Puerto Aventuras is close to many activities and sites you might want to visit -- Tulum, Xplore, Rio Secreto among many others, and is 15 minutes from Playa Del Carmen. It is not great if you want night life but we are early to bed and get up early.

Outside of the hotel is where they do dolphin swims. It is fun to watch. Around the dolphin area are a series of outdoor restaurants where you can have an inexpensive meal and watch the dolphins swim.

I became a certified diver in November and this trip I dove in PA and Cozumel. The diving in both places was excellent. In fact, the PA sites to dive are so close to the hotel, we actually came back to PA in between dives. We had very short boat rides to the reefs.

We loved our stay at the Omni Puerto Aventuras and plan to return next year.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

As promised, this is my next installment in the Breakfast on the Mayan Riviera “series”. I have been busy launching my www.oliveoilandlemons.com food and travel blog, hence the delay in submitting this review.

If you are visiting the area, don’t miss a visit to Puerto Aventuras. Puerto Aventuras is a hidden gem on the Mayan Riviera. Dreamed into reality by Architect R. Rivera more than 20 years ago, the sleepy fishing village developed into a small resort village of condominiums, villas, golf course and now a few hotels. It is built along Chac Hal Al bay and around a system of canals, dolphin pools and a lovely, quaint commercial centre. The commercial centre is home to a few outdoor restaurants, shops and even a museum featuring Architect Rivera finds from his scuba diving expeditions.

Puerto Aventuras, lovingly known as PA to us "locals", is situated about 15 minute drive south of Playa del Carmen and just north of the Barcello resort hotel. Driving down Hwy 307 from Playa del Carmen, watch for signs and get into the narrow right-hand lane taking you under the new overpass and immediately, still under the overpass, make a U-turn back north a few meters past the gas station to the PA entrance gate. If you miss the turn continue down the highway another kilometer or so and make a U-Turn at the next sign and go back north to the PA gate. Traffic into PA is monitored but visitors are welcome so just let the guard at the gate know you are here for a visit.

There are a number of restaurants serving breakfast (lunch and dinner) around the village. You can have coffee and croissants on the canal at Bamboo, coffee and pastries at Cafe Cafe near the dolphin pools, the Italian Bakery in the back is lovely as well. You can go for full breakfast at Tirami...Su, Cafe Ole, Massimo, Richards and a couple other places in the commercial centre around the dolphin pools and at the back of the commercial centre on the main road. These are all fun places to go to. Our breakfast ritual however, tends to end up at the same place: on the veranda of the Omni Hotel on the Cha Hal Al bay. The high end hotels with their overstatement have their place, but it's not here. You just can't beat the quaint and authentic beach setting at PA. It's real.

The Omni Hotel is only a 30 room hotel but was built to serve as a clubhouse for PA's ever increasing number of residents so it feels much larger. It is the only public facility on the beach and the now familiar beautiful Omni setting refreshes our soul every time we go there.

Breakfast is served at La Veranda, a few steps up from the white sand beach. A few tables are set along the veranda under a roof so you can enjoy breakfast in the shade. The view is beautiful, overlooking the small, quiet, almost private bay. No motor boats or motorized water sports permitted here so nothing disturbs the quaint, special atmosphere. You may see a couple of local divers or snorkelers swimming around but that's it. Further back in the deep water you can see the sport fishing boats anchored for a few hours. You can practically set your watch by the boats leaving the marina and returning at specific times.

The Omni restaurant staff has remained more or less constant over the past 10 years, which says something about the place. Sometimes, as is the case with our friend Jorge, restaurant staff is promoted into reception duties on their way up the management ladder. Everyone is so friendly and they go out of their way to accommodate your needs and special requests. My only complaint is that they allow smoking on the veranda. Hopefully (for me anyway) they will change this rule and make the veranda a non-smoking area.

Breakfast consists of the traditional Mexican specialties and North American fare. Their fruit platter is always good, half a melon with yogurt and granola is lovely and you can have eggs any way you like. For me however the hands down winner is their oatmeal, cooked with cinnamon and milk and served generously in large, deep bowls. A bowl of oatmeal, a basket of local pastries and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is my standard Omni breakfast and it's always lovely. If you are having a savory breakfast ask for their fire roasted habanero pepper salsa. I am a true foodie (www.oliveoilandlemons.com) and in my judgment it's exceptional. I often buy some of it to take to our villa and serve it with foods we cook at home (they put it in a styrofoam cup for takeout).

The Omni offers a day pass and I believe the price of the pass is applied towards food and drink that you buy at the hotel (check with the reception). If you buy a day pass then after breakfast sit on the beach under a palapa, walk around the village for a while and come back for lunch on the beach. The beach has a full service bar and lunch can be brought to your chair, feet in the water. You will not be disturbed by beach vendors because there are none on that beach. If you have kids they can paint local pottery on the beach under a palapa in front of the hotel or swim with dolphins in the pools in the center of the village. If you like art you can visit the studio of Belgian artist Peter Terrin who paints and lives in PA.

The beach is not long so this is not the place for a long beach walk but it is interesting to walk to the end and look at the gorgeous homes and condominiums built along the beach and dream a little. The beach is also narrow as much of the sand was washed away in the last couple of hurricanes that descended on PA in the last few years. They are trying to preserve the remaining sand by piling the beach with sand bags and building barriers into the water, both of which detract from the natural beauty, but I sympathize with their dilemma and intentions and see beyond the detractions. Hopefully they can resolve the issue of the encroaching sea soon.

If you come to PA for breakfast and want a long beach walk afterwards just drive five minutes south to Xpuha and there you can have your long beach walk on the gorgeous Xpuha bay and stop for lunch or cool drinks at one of the hotels or restaurants along that beach.

Architect Rivera, the developer of PA is keeping the place family friendly and this is not the place to come looking for wild nightlife. He is somewhat of a renaissance man, being an architect, artist, author, diver, amateur marine archeologist, businessman and a developer. When you visit PA it's his vision that you experience. If you come at night and in season, the restaurants are full with guests enjoying dinner, and live music from the "Pub" restaurant is floating in the warm night's air, but the evening ends relatively early. A couple of the places provide live entertainment and stay open later.

Breakfast in PA is a wonderful way to start a day of touring on the Mayan Riviera. I hope you enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

What a great hotel, away from the masses. The beach and pool area were so peaceful. We saw just a handful of guest the entire time we were there between May 9th and 12th.
My favorite was the pool area, that we shared with another pair of guests. The wait staff always made sure we had fresh cool drinks on hand. I also loved the jacuzzi tub on the balcony of our room, that overlooked the pool and beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Omni Puerto Aventuras Guests,
We appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our intimate Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort.
It is truly a hidden gem, tucked away in the gated community of Puerto Aventuras, a truly relaxing, unique village to enjoy your Mayan Riviera vacation.
Our tenured Associates love to provide genuine, warm hospitality and take pride in delivering a memorable experience to all our valued customers.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you home again soon, to "su casa".
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Omni Puerto Aventuras hotel. As my husband and I entered the lobby we immediately could hear and feel the ocean breeze. We were greeted by Jorge, the concierge who was friendly, warm and was extremely helpful to us throughout our stay (from calling the car rental company, recommending restaurants in the area). The hotel was small, quiet, very clean and comfortable. The king size bed is firm. I liked the large walk-in shower which is separate from the dressing room.
Puerto Aventuras is centrally located so that you could easily shop in Playa del Carmen which is only 15 minutes north or snorkel in Akumal which is 15 minutes to the south. We took the Collectivo to Playa del Carmen and was only about $3. We ended up renting a car so that we could travel freely throuout the day.
The Omni has a wonderful restaurant called El Xenote that has an excellent breakfast, fresh fruit, eggs made anyway you like them and a wonderful, hospitable wait staff. The ocean view, while eating our breakfast was stunning and memorable. If we visit the Riviera Maya we will go back to El Xenote.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort? Share your experiences!