“Great time fishing! Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 984 873 5195
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Rick's Sportsfishing has 15 boats to choose from...from a 48' Viking to a 31' Bertram. The captains are English speaking and have at least 10 years experience fishing these grounds. All the fishing is done trolling dead baits using 20 to 30 lb. Shimano or Penn gear. Many of our boats also have a fighting chair. Two of our Captains are also experts at fly fishing, in which case you must provide your own gear. Of course, all billfish are released. Every year there are double digit grand slams (a sailfish, white and blue marlin in one day) and sometimes there are double grand slams (two slams in one day) and super grand slams (add a swordfish.) Other abundant fish are: wahoo, dorado, tuna, kingfish, and barracuda. Best of all - we set our baits right as we exit the marina! No travel time. We have caught sails so close we have released them in the marina.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great time fishing! Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

Such a great trip fishing--the captain and crew were great and caught us four fish! We caught 3 mahi mahi and a large tuna, it was a great time. We were on the Saki Tumi and Nester and Flacco were terrific!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“My Obsession!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

Third year running spent fishing at Captain Ricks and brilliant as ever. Professional crew and staff, always look after my wife whether it be coffee shop, beach or Dolphins. Last week on My Obsession caught the first sail fish within 15mins of leaving marina, crew advised me to remove watch to avoid fouling line, another two more sail fish within two hours. Crew worked tirelessly replacing baits and with 40 mins to go double hook up with more sailfish crew excited "amigo, attack, attack, attack" lol. Brilliant day with five sailfish (all good sized), two Spanish mackerel and a tuna. 5.15pm high fives - finish amigo.
What a brilliant day, a big thank you to Captain Ricks and the crew of My Obsession. See you again next year. Back in England now with the memories (and the bruises). Chris & Sue

Wichita, Kansas
“First time fishing in the Caribbean and it was a blast!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

I have been on a couple of deep sea fishing trips, however none in this setting. The boat was amazing, the staff even more amazing and very friendly crew. I went by myself and caught 3 maui maui, a spanish macerol and two- seven foot plus sailfish. The sailfish both hit at the same time on different rods. I reeled one in , took pictures of it and the staff kept the second one on until i was ready for it. It was by far worth every penny and I HIGHLY recommend captain Ricks from start to finish. The office/booking went smoothly and the crew was excellent. I will definitely be back and book w captain Ricks!!!!!!

Kearney, Nebraska
“Captain Rick's is First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

6 of us boarded the 48 foot boat Big Fish on April 16th. We experience a First Class group of people from the time we arrived at the office until our departure. Our Captain Pasquaul and mates Donny and Sammy were not only hard working fisherman but informative, fun and more than anyone can ask for while taking a charter. We caught 5 dorado, 2 sailfish and a white marlin. It does get rough with the winds and the currents so I recommend a larger boat to fish out of like the Big Fish. This was my first trip to Playa but when I come back I know that there is only one place that I need to call to book my next charter. Thank you Capt. Rick's

Visited April 2015
“Great day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

We went out with Captain Rocky and had a great trip we were booked for a full day trip with my wife and 2 kids ( all on their first trip) the crew was great we caught 2 sailfish a barracudda and a small mahi mahi trolling. We did some bottom fishing for the kids and caught a nice grouper and 3 red snappers. Oh yea we even took a fishing break and the mate took the kids snorkling were they got to swim with and feed the sea turtles. Everyone had a great time and can't wait to go again