“What a Great Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Rick's Sportsfishing has 15 boats to choose from...from a 48' Viking to a 31' Bertram. The captains are English speaking and have at least 10 years experience fishing these grounds. All the fishing is done trolling dead baits using 20 to 30 lb. Shimano or Penn gear. Many of our boats also have a fighting chair. Two of our Captains are also experts at fly fishing, in which case you must provide your own gear. Of course, all billfish are released. Every year there are double digit grand slams (a sailfish, white and blue marlin in one day) and sometimes there are double grand slams (two slams in one day) and super grand slams (add a swordfish.) Other abundant fish are: wahoo, dorado, tuna, kingfish, and barracuda. Best of all - we set our baits right as we exit the marina! No travel time. We have caught sails so close we have released them in the marina.
Cincinnati
3 attraction reviews
“What a Great Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Capt. Ricks,
Just wanted to say thanks for a great day on the water. Your entire staff is most accomodating from reservations to cleaning the catch. We caught a dozen or so very nice fish, both trolling and bottom fishing. Every time we go with you we CATCH fish, so i think the name should be changed from fishing to catching. See you again in October for 4 trips and again in February for 4 trips with my NFL buddies. Save me some cerveza SOL.
Tim Lacey

Visited February 2011

Boise, Idaho
7 attraction reviews
“Okay, I know when you go fishing...you take your chances...but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I caught no fish on our outting. They put out aroud 8 boats the day I wnet in late July and I heard one boat did hook a Marlin....but, none of the others caught anything of note. A couple of snapper, a couple of trigger...but, not much.

I have been out on MANY trips aroud the gulf/carribean and have never had this little success. It seemed when we were trolling, they didn't try alot of different techniques...and when the finally decided to do a little bottom fishing for the kids on board...they didn't have fish finding capability...just a depth finder which allowed them to see underwater structure.

The staff was friendly at the docks and I have to say that there was a storm the day before that closed the harbor...so maybe that was the reason we had such poor luck. I would be willing to make this $95 mistake one more time just to see if maybe it was a bad day...and that is based solely on the way the staff treated us.

Visited July 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
“Not as good as it could have been”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

When booking I selected a certin 31' boat because I was told it was recently refirbed and I wanted my wife to be as comfortable as possible as she rarely does things like fishing charters. For what ever reason I was moved to a different boat, although larger, it was in poor shape. The service at check although okay was the weakest of all the excursions we took during the week. The crew on the boat was fine although they didn't speak much english they fished pretty hard.

Visited July 2011
Birmingham, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Good equipment, not so good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

Reserved for a group of 6 the 41' boat. Despite severe sea conditions, no one from Capt Ricks advised us in advance or suggested we reschedule. The swells were huge and you had to hold on constantly. Within a few mins, half the group was heaving. We asked to return to port and drop off half and then go back out. As we paid for 6 hours of fishing I presumed this would be no problem. Our generally unfriendly crew advised if we go back that is it for the day. No explanation provided. So we ended up paying for 6 hours and only fishing two. No partial refund was offered either. This place is far more concerned with getting your cash than they are their service or reputation.

Florida
“Fishing trip, June 1, 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I wanted to thank Captain Beto, and Mates Lenni and Mike (pineapple head) for the best fishing trip to date. When making the reservations, I told your company that I have caught my fill of Dorado's, etc and wanted a Sail Fish or Marlin. When I got on the boat Lenni told me that we'd get one and he was right. Please post the attached pictures on your Happy Fisherman (woman) page. Thank you again for a great day on the water.

Visited June 2011