We went to Mexico over Christmas. My husband and two sons (ages 20 and 17) along with my sister, her husband and three sons (ages 16, 13, and 7) planned this getaway vacation to avoid a "traditional" Christmas. My mother passed away in June, and my father died last year in May. We needed to get away, but were looking not to spend an arm and a leg. My travel agent recommended Mexico, and the Adventura Cove Palace. I was a bit anxious as there weren't many reviews, I didn't think their website was very good, and some of the reviews were downright awful.
Much to my relief, the Cove Palace was just what we were looking for. Because my kids were older, and my sister had three kids, we both decided on the "family deluxe" accomodations. Basically this was adjoining rooms; one with a king bed and the other with two double beds. It was terrific. We all had our own space. The rooms all had jacuzzi's. The kids used them. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The shower was very roomy. Everything was very clean and the entire resort was well kept up.
We were greeted with a cool towel (after 12 hours of traveling, this was appreciated); a cold drink and flowers for the ladies. We always felt welcome, appreciated and well taken care of.
The pool area was large and beautiful. Some reviews were really mad there wasn't really a true beach at the resort. Maybe because I knew what to expect, this never really bothered any of us. The lagoon area had these terrific cushion reclining chairs. The kids all liked snorkeling and swimming in the lagoon. It has a rock wall that the ocean waves crash in to so the lagoon is calm, but you still know your on the ocean. But, if smooth white sand and walking directly into waves is a deal breaker for you, then this is not the resort for you.
The service was stellar. I quickly got used to being waited on hand and foot. The food was generally quite good. There was a buffet for breakfast and lunch, and then "menu" restaurants for dinner. At the buffets, you could order your own "fresh" order. For example, omelettes, pancakes, etc... were cooked to order if you wanted. We really enjoyed the steak restaurant and the mexican restaurant. One night we went over to the "spa" side of the hotel. (The hotel is split into a family side and an adult "spa" side). We went to the seafood restaurant. The service was not great ( our waiter was being trained!), but the food was fine. My youngest son is really picky, so he ate a lot of room service cheeseburgers!
We took a couple side trips. This was the most confusing part of the trip. We booked a Delta vacation and we had the "Palace Passport" promotion of included trips. We got there on Wednesday night and were ready to book trips on Thursday morning. Unfortunately one of the trips was already full and the other days it was available, we were not able to do it. The included trips were booked at a certain desk. The delta vacation representative was located upstairs in the hotel and was ready to book other trips. Then there was a different desk in the lobby to book other trips. All of them seemed competitive with one another and all of them fed us misinformation about the trips to try to get us to book with them. We did ziplining, ATV's, and Isla Majeras and then went to Tulum on our own. The Isla Majeras was a long day. We were told it would take 2 hours to get there, it was much closer to 3 hours one way.
We stayed for 6 nights. It was wonderful. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views , a private white sand beach , and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas . It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico