“Hard rock really rocks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal | Solidaridad, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Cove Palace)   |
Special Price
Save up to 35% OFF
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Cleveland
“Hard rock really rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Excellent , we had a wonderful stay . The property and staff was great from start to finish. We will return and recommend it very highly to others!! This was our first time in Mexico, can 't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2014
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Sophiagay!
Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy to see such great comments. It is inspiring to see that our guests had a great time at our resort. We will continue delivering the epic service that sets us apart and maintaining our high quality and service standards.
We will be waiting for you, come back soon.
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
Tulum
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Food and service are good but property does not appear "recently renovated". Room cleanliness was very disappointing and all of our belongings smelled like mildew when we returned home from the dampness in our room. We had to launder/dry clean everything, including our bags. On two occasions during the week stay we didn't receive housekeeping services and had to call for someone to clean our room and bring clean towels. The location of the resort is very nice and just one hour from the Cancun airport. The best part of the experience was being able to stay in the adult only section of Hard Rock Heaven. The worst part was the chaos from the MTV World Stage Concert which we weren't aware was taking place until about 2 weeks before our trip. Also, don't fall for the Legendary time share pitches. They lead you to believe that you have to book excursions through the reps. to utilize your resort credit and that is not true at all. You do not have to sit through the time share presentation in order to use the credit. Just visit the excursion desk as soon as you arrive and definitely skip the sales pitch!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Esteemed Brian Lee S,

Thank you for bringing your dissatisfactions to our attention. This office is aware of your observations and we are concerned about your satisfaction as I am personally monitoring our guests' reviews. I will have a specialist contacting you to follow up on your concerns.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We just came back from having our wedding at Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We had about 80 guest that celebrated with us our special day.

The resort was absolutely amazing, loved all the amenities, the restaurants, the resort credits, the free wifi and the staff were just great. Salvador at the front desk and Luis at the Heaven side Cabanas were on point with their customer service and ability to familiarize and accommodate themselves to the large group I had there for my wedding. Doris was the hairstylist that did my hair and makeup on my wedding day and although I had some doubts like any bride she was absolutely AMAZING!! My makeup came out better then the sample picture I showed her. Her personality and smile also had a great impact on me, by the end of my appointment we were all crying because of how happy she had made my special day.

The wedding was great despite the wedding planner, Lilia Levet's, lack of professionalism. No one noticed the details that were missed because they didn't know, but since I had been speaking to her and planning my wedding for over 9 months I noticed the details and that really upset me.

1. The day of the wedding she did not communicate with me at all, she had previously said she was going to pick my girls and I at 4:40pm since the wedding started at 5pm and by the time I realized it was 5:10pm and she had not even communicated anything to me. I had to hunt her down and then she came by around 5:30ish and made the wedding start at 6pm. She said she didn't come earlier because there were not enough people but as I explained to her, letting me make that call would have been preferred. Again no communication with me at all. This maybe would have not upset me if I had not paid $500 for an extra hour that I added on to the wedding that I did not get to enjoy.

2. I had asked for coral flowers on all the tables to give it a touch of color since the table covers I paid for were beige. When we showed up at the dinner all the flowers were white, when I confronted her about it she acted as if I had never mentioned that to her. I told her I had her confirmation on an email and her response was "I will have to double check my correspondence." No apology or anything, just blatantly calling me a liar.

3. I had purchased some seashells that I took with me and given to her to put all around the flower arrangements on each table. I had spoken to her about this during the planning of event via email, telephone and also when I arrived we verified everything with her. Of course none of the tables had any seashells and her response as to why was that "she didn't have time!" That really upset me because she just delegates the work, i'm sure she doesn't do everything herself.

4. We had given her a list and also the front desk of our guest that were coming to the wedding that we were going to be paying for. One of our guest was charged along with her husband and they also charged us, she said they were going to be giving them their money back but they were not refunded.

5. I had asked for all vanilla cake and paid for an extra tear which was $100, as to my surprise the cake that David and I cut was Carrot cake!!! I absolutely hate carrot cake!!!! and that had to be the cake that we cut. The second layer was some cheese cake as well, so the whole entire cake was not what I asked for. When we confronted her on it her response was that the chef messed up and in the future that won't happen again. Which is great another bride won't get the same surprise but in my case that excuse did not help me in any way.

6. The room upgrade because of the number of guest we had was a joke! The upgrade to the room that the balcony looked into a wall was an upgraded pillow! Which we didn't do much sleeping due to the hectic schedule we had so that was useless. I was really hoping that we would had been upgraded to a larger room so that my girls and I could get ready there. I had to get ready at my friends room because although she did not pay for any upgrades, her room was a lot bigger with the view of the ocean.

Due to the number guest we had and trying to thank everyone that came we did not have time to see Lilia Levet the next day nor did she try to contact us to apologize in any way. I contacted her via email (since she does not answer phone nor does she have a voicemail) and asked if we could arrange a meeting with her before we left. She wrote back and gave us a time of that evening but David and I were at dinner and didn't see emails until the next day. She then gave us a time of Tuesday morning before we left, we went to talk to her about all the negatives listed above and at that time she said a different story about the flowers. I am assuming she read her emails and saw that she did confirm a different color. She said that the flowers were ugly and brittle and she sent them back and asked for white, I told her that was my call to make and she could have easily called me or sent me an email so I could verify what I wanted. She said that there was not enough time. The excuses for everything else were the same as above, either there was not enough time or they would make sure is done right in the future. Her apology was not sincere nor did it have any value in our eyes at that point.

Now those are the negatives and they all have to do with the lack of professionalism, customer service and enthusiasm from Lilia Levet. The resort was amazing and the wedding was amazing, everyone was crying of how beautiful everything was. I am very happy we chose Hard Rock Riviera Maya as our wedding venue but they need to be more prepared for a wedding. Not sure if more training or hiring people with planning experience would have made this day better for us.

Although everything was beautiful to everyone else, to me it was lacking all of the details I had planned and envisioned for months. I am very upset at the fact that Lilia's apology came out as an obligation.

I would recommend Hard Rock Riviera Maya for a great vacation spot but until they get a better grip on their wedding planning skills I would not recommend having a wedding there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mercedes H1,
Thank you very much for your comments. It has been our pleasure to have witnessed your union. We are working diligently to deliver the epic service that sets us apart and reach your satisfaction.
On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, please accept our most sincere apologies for have fallen short your expectations regarding such a special event. Rest assured that all your comments have been taken into consideration in order to improve and better serve our Rock Stars.
We would like to have you back and make more memories together; we will roll over the red carpet to treat like a Rock Star!
Trumbull, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The resort was beautiful, unfortuneatly the pool slide was broken for our whole week there. Restaurants are average, if you stay on the family side there are only five. Beach is man-made, a nice beach but if you are looking to for a place to take a walk on the beach this isn't the place. The resort credits they give you don't really wind up saving you any money. Another thing to note is that almost every night we were woken up because people outside our room were being noisy. Beware of people trying to get you to join the vacation club, it is a very hard sell presentation and we felt pressured and harassed. Apparently the resort switches out your pillows midstay,which is a nice feature.Unforturnately, we brought my daughter's pillow from home which the maid inadvertently took. We called the front desk and were told we had to contact public relations.We tried to get Public Relations to handle the issue and they kept asking for more time to "find the pillow" In the end, someone told us to check back the morning we were leaving and when we did, no one was there. We simply asked for them to refund us money for the pillow, but ended up with nothing. Minor incident but the way it was handled was unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Stephanie1211,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, I apologize for the inconveniences you went through during your stay. We are driven by our commitment to perform with the epic service that sets us apart and reach your satisfaction. We are doubling effortsto make the proper improvements on our facilities to have every aspect at its best for our Rock Stars enjoyment; it was the case for the waterslide, in this particular occasion that maintenance was required. Our sales room is eager to offer you the best deals you can find to become part of our family and receive special deals to extend your Hard Rock Experience, please accept our apologies if we made you feel other than that.
I would like to make amends for the lost item as it was mistakenly taken and though its special value can’t be replaced, I would like to compensate you for it. I will have one of our specialists contacting you shortly to establish contact with you to address this matter as soon as possible.
I would like to change your perception of our hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and play another gig together.
Greetings,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Service was second to none. Everyone was very polite and so helpful. We had so much fun at the Sun Bar every night. The activities in the pool were awesome, so much to do. The food at Frida's was AMAZING. The excursions off property were the best we have done as a family in a long time. Our kids had a blast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Esteemed Scott G,
We are so happy to see your comments. It is very inspiring to see that you and your family had such an amazing time together at our resort. We will keep working to maintain our high quality and service standards to treat you like true Rock Stars.
We hope to have you back soon and make new memories together.
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I went in July for 5 days and I didn't want to leave ... So peaceful relax and amazing... Have the best location to do all the excursions of riviera maya !!!! I want to come back next summer :) best part of the caribe

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Mariairi,
I would like to thank you for your comments. It’s great for us to see that you had such an amazing time during your stay at our resort. We would like to have you back soon and keep treating you like a Rock Star.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is the 7th Caribbean resort my wife and I have stayed at in the last 4 years. Heaven (adult side) room 1119 was clean and nice once I fixed the tub to hold water and fixed the leaky seal on the shower :-). The food was the best of all the other resorts we have stayed at and the employees were all very helpful and friendly. The resort has about 1200 rooms and while we were there the week of July 4, the resort was probably only 25% full. The spa was wonderful - 75 rooms - this is where the resort shows it's original pre-Hard Rock roots.

The resort was very nice overall, but I say this resort is searching for it's identity because it is heavily billed as a premium Hard Rock Hotel/Resort resort worthy of a $3,500-$4,000 per week fee (no airfare included in that). The other 6 resorts we have stayed at had some things that were much nicer than this and not marketed as a premium resort ($2,000 per week, airfare included). We spent the free $1,500 in hotel credits. The 20% fee on those "free" credits cost us $300 at check out, but we had read other reviews and new that going in. Still nice, we had 3 couple massages, swam with the Dolphins, and an upgraded bottle of wine at the French restaurant. Well worth $300.

We did the romantic dinner too, but they "gave" that to us for sitting through their "come buy 50 weeks" time-share presentation. During the presentation, they advertise that you can resell your weeks on ebay.... So check it out, instead of prepaying them, go on ebay and buy the weeks from someone else for less than what you can get through the resort... right now I see $1,700/week listed :-)

Things that disappointed us:
-The shows in the theater were among the worst we have ever seen. Really really poor. Now the fire dancers and a couple of the local singers/bands they brought in we good.
-On our first two days the music by the pool was classic rock-n-roll - very nice, then the other days it was standard Mexican and rap (I get tired of Buffalo Rider).
-They have hundreds and hundreds of outside BOSE speakers along the pathways with no music playing through them...

Am I wrong to think that I should get to hear good old rock-n-roll most of the time? Is this a standard Mexican resort or a premium Hard Rock Resort? To me, the place is searching for it's identity....

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Esteemed KeithPom,
Your comments are much appreciated. We are glad to see that you spent such a good time at our resort and please be assured that we will continue working relentlessly to maintain our high quality and service standards that set us apart.
Regarding the observations that you have kindly mentioned, they won’t be taken lightly as we will make the proper arrangements to address these points and improve the Hard Rock experience that we offer.
We would like to invite you to come back soon and spend another great vacation with us.
Gerente General
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#11 of 16 in Puerto Aventuras
The Royal Playa del Carmen
#8 of 201 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 stars 11,121 reviews
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#9 of 16 in Puerto Aventuras
4.0 of 5 stars 2,896 reviews
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!