“Good but not great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Cove Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Tulum
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Technology for me is very important and wifi works well near the main area...but not in our room where I use it most to keep connected to work while travelling. Overall, the service was good, food was good and the hotel & grounds were amazing. It's such a simple fix that was ignored by the front desk when I asked them to fix it. This will prevent me from going back or recommending it to anyone else. Word of advice...don't lie about a service you offer and even worse...don't ignore your clients when they expect it to be fixed!

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hi Rob C!

Thank you for letting us know. We regret that wifi service wasn’t strong enough at your room; we offer free wifi service at our public areas such as lobby, pools and convention center where the signal is strong; since the coverage at rooms is limited. We also put to your service our Business Center to have access to the internet. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences that this may have caused you. On the other hand we are very glad to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities as well as the food and drinks. It’s been a pleasure having you here. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host in the near future so you can live the amazing rockstar experience that all our guests are accustomed to.

1,309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We took a group of 16 to HRRM on April 30,2014 for a wedding. We had read the reviews and were a little apprehensive. However once we got there and saw the fabulous job that had been done we were glad we went. Of course there were little odds and ends to finish up if you looked close enough. However we were thrilled with the resort again. This was our 4th trip there. Amazing job in a short time. Of course seeing Bon Jovi after the wedding made it a total success. They have amazing talent come to this resort.
Make sure you get Rafael Sauri as a bell boy. He goes above and beyond to help.

Room Tip: It is a large resort so if you have a hard time walking call a couple of weeks in advance and reques...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hey Carla S!

Isn’t great how a simple visit turns into so much fun! Thank you for stopping by and leave us a note about your wonderful experience at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. We are glad to see that you had a blast at the wedding and finished a fantastic evening with the concert and the after parties. Thank you so much for highlighting the outstanding service from Rafael Sauri. Rest assured that I will let him know you thought he rocked! Can’t wait to welcome you again for another rockstar break. Kind regards!

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I spent 4 nights here for a wedding, and I really have zero real complaints. It was never crowded anywhere I went, and there are sooo many little spots you can always find a little private corner if you like. The staff was great, pools fun, everything ran on time and as advertised. There is something reassuring about the brand name Hard Rock. They had live music catering towards Americans and the club was everything it should be w/o trying to be anything overkill. It was spotless, and oddly there were no insects. My room was a tad strange, but nothing I haven't seen in America (the hot tub in my room-not awesome in tropical heat), the beds coulda been a size up-they have painless 24 hr room service key to late munchies!

They have their own beach lagoon, no ocean beach access at the property, but it is surrounded by a reef and the currents in the Gulf are not recommended for swimming.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a breakdown of the services included and use all your Vacation "Points"
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi azul55!

First and foremost thank you so much for staying at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and for sharing your opinion about our hotel and service. Nothing rocks our world more than receiving these positive reviews from satisfied rockstars like you. I am glad to hear you received such a highly attentive service from all our staff members. That’s our passion and we are glad to see it’s working. Thank you for making us part of your vacation, come back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

To much construction going on. Staff was ok. High end Italian place on adult only side was lousy. We walked out after 1 hour waiting for appetizers. We would go back but probably not to this hotel. It had some good features but was not a good hard rock.

Stayed March 2014
Hello Dkcpilot,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for voicing your opinion about our hotel. I distress to read that we have fallen too short to your expectations this time. Most of our guests enjoy the rockstar treatment that characterizes us and we deeply regret we’ve missed our mark in your case. I would like to have the opportunity to change your perception about our service; that is why one of our Customer Care specialists has already sent you a private message to help us address your concerns better. We hope we can have the privilege of having as our guest again so you can live the rocking experience that all of our guests are accustomed to.

Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was my 12th trip to Mexico and 2nd time at this resort. I had gone to the Hard Rock Riviera Maya during their soft opening in November 2013 and was a bit disappointed as it was not finished yet, although I could see the potential at that time. I am so happy I gave it another chance as it was AMAZING this time around. I went to the Grand Opening May 3-10, the resort was sold out the 1st weekend and I was concerned the service would suffer but to my pleasant surprise, the service was over the top! I have never in 12 trips to Mexico received such amazing service. The staff was very attentive and took care of our every need. There was never a wait at the restaurants and drinks flowed nonstop. The room was beautiful, clean and fully maintained during the whole stay. The night club was awesome and we never waited on a drink. The animation staff was amazing and made our vacation so much fun. I can't wait to get back to see Yonatan, Sexy Eddie and Elias. They are awesome!

The property is absolutely beautiful and the decor is very unique "Hard Rock" style. There is plenty to do, a variety of restaurants but my favorites were Frida's (Mexican) and Le Petit Cochon (French). We had been craving some Tamales at the Mexican restaurant which were not on the menu but the Exec Chef Gabriel made them especially for us and they were so good. (only problem was he offered the recipe to my husband and he declined...UGHHHH, I could have hit him). (picture attached) The spa was absolutely beautiful and there are so many amazing treatments available. The hydrotherapy areas are so peaceful and relaxing. The pool area was kept clean and it was refreshing to see the pool staff not only vacuuming the pool but putting some serious elbow grease into scrubbing it daily. The ocean and beach just grabs my heart at this resort as the lagoons are are breathtaking and so peaceful. They are crystal clear and the fish swim right along side of you.

The one thing that made me fall in love with this resort is the way the Management went out of the way to welcome us and made us feel a part of the resort and at home. I have never been greeted by any management at any of my other 11 stays in Mexico but yet the managers of the bars, restaurants, public relations, and the general resort manager greeted me, my husband and our guests which meant a lot to us that they take so much pride and ownership in the resort to make their guests feel welcome.

I highly recommend this resort to anyone, couples, groups or families as they have plenty for all. I cannot wait to get back.

Room Tip: If on adult side, Building 4 is near the pool and a convenient location.
Hello A B,

Thank you for visiting us again, we are glad to see we have achieved to deliver a Rockstar experience for you this time. We are really pleased that you fell in love with Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and we are excited to hear you would come back in a heartbeat for another amazing vacation. We love receiving feedback when our staff provided a rocking service, so I want to thank you for mentioning Eddie, Elias and Yonatan. I will let them know they made a terrific job making your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for recommending us so highly. It has been great having you here. We cannot wait to welcome you again. Warmest regards!

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

To begin, I was a little upset with my husband for insisting coming here for our 10th anniversary (11th time at formally know as SpaPalace) b/c of all the negative reviews I read! And knowing we could not use the other palace resorts any longer when you stay at the Hard Rock! We are members and have been for @ least 5 yrs and we were told nothing will change when it changes to a Hard Rock, well that did, it is my ONLY complaint!
With that said... I love everything about the Hard Rock! Check in was quick and "private" our room was ready when we got there, we arrived b4 check in, bell boy was assume and showed us the nicely renovated room. I am a modern style girl and love all the new decor for the whole resort! Everywhere we turn there is something new and wonderful to see.
3rd floor rooms where great, large and modern, with rooftop decks that look out over the whole resort (great idea). Yes there is no "real" door to bathroom area, I don't mind(married for 10 yrs so my husband knows everything I do, and me the same) trust me when there were real doors you heard all the same things. As usual rooms are clean and cool! That is what has changed is you can actually have the AC on what YOU want, not what they think it should be. 1st day air was not turning down and we called front desk and was fixed by the time we returned to room. We have had nothing but great costumer service!
Many people complain about the food. It is the best it has been since are 1st time here in 2004, we have tried most of them so far( yes I am writing this review as we are still here on the beach) and they have all been terrific.
Service, is the still the wonderful same! All servers have been attentive and friendly, love our beach server, Hugo.
Yes there is still construction going on but not too bad, only hear when we are at the beach, I thought it would be more bothersome since we are currently building a house and sick of the construction scene. Noise has been kept to a minimum and we have not seen any signs of construction unless you are looking for it.
We are beach relaxing people and the little changes they have done to the inlets have been wonderful. There is no "real beach" but they brought in sand, dug out bottom and more channels to the ocean, it is just as pretty as regular beach now, but protected. Pool area and new pool areas, At least on Heaven side, are a nice addition.
Spa is wonderful, as usual.
Overall I have been nothing but happy about all the changes of the Hard Rock and I was very pessimistic going in and i have been nothing but pleasantly surprised by all the changes!

Room Tip: As members you can call 36 hrs ahead of check in to request certain areas for rooms, we always reque...
Hello Natalie K,

On behalf of everybody at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya team: THANK YOU!!! Your review confirms that we have achieved our goal that is to create authentic Rockstar experiences for all of our guests. That’s our passion and we thrilled to see it’s working. It’s great that you loved all the changes we made and that our cuisine exceded your expectations. Needless to say that we hope to be your host again and again so you can live the rockstar treatment hat you already know!

Leadville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had such a wonderful time! We brought our twins and they had a blast swimming all day in the great pools and we felt so welcome with having them there, people always wanted to help. The food was so great at all the restaurants and it was great scenery and a wonderful trip. We hope to come back very soon! Next time we may come alone so we can visit the Heaven side as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hey Tara E!

How’s it going? Thank you taking a moment to share your Hard Rock experience with us. It’s so great to know that you and your family had an amazing time at our hotel and that in general you guys loved our services and facilities; that is a very wonderful thing for us to hear. We are looking forward to your next visit, we will roll out the red carpet for your rockstar break!

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!