“Attentive and Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Cove Palace)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Moraga, California
“Attentive and Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We traveled to HRH- Riviera Maya the end of March-beginning of April 2014. I was nervous given the previous reviews- but all of my expectations were blown away.

We were with our 4 children (12, 9, 7, and 5). The kids enjoyed the pool, the water slide, the lagoon, and the restaurants. They loved the arcade and playing pool in the lobby. The Kids' Club was geared to the younger set (given Barney, Angelina, Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank- it was more for 2-3 year olds), but the staff there was kind and my 3 younger kids enjoyed playing with the staff in the club. I wonder what the teen club will hold for the older set?

We were in adjoining rooms (1 with a king, 1 with 2 doubles) and had a rooftop with a full hot tub and an extra 1/2 bath. It was very spacious. The rooms with 2 double beds are tight because there also is a small hot tub in the room.

The food was fine. We have been to many all inclusives (Melia Cabo Real, Velas Vallarta, Beaches, Club Med Ixtapa) and it is similar. The Japanese Zen restaurant was a family favorite. My husband and I went to the Heaven side for dinner twice and had good meals. The dance club at Heaven is a fun night out!

We enjoyed a few of the evening shows- the fire show, the rock show, the circus (think Cirque du Soleil), and the fiesta. Adds to the evenings!

Definite pros--- no need to make reservations for the restaurants (they aren't even accepted), towel service without having to keep track of towel cards, the staff poolside and in the restaurants are excellent and attentive, loved the lagoon- fish come up and swim between your legs, kayaking and snorkeling was fun and the kids club staff was warm and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello bb8,

We are so glad to hear we have exceeded your expectations this time. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at HRHRM. It’ s so wonderful to know that everyone in your family enjoyed the suite and the food, as well as the entertainment and of course the warm service from all our staff. It’s great that your kids enjoyed themselves at the pools, the water slide and the Kids club. We hope to welcome you soon at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya for another great family vacation. Kind regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I am very impressed by the Hard Rock Riviera Maya! The resorts size is perfect in my opinion, and I love that it has a separate adults only (Heaven) side, and a family friendly (Haciendas) side, differentiated by color. Guests can easily cross between sides, and the only ones who can not are the children. We dined at Frita, the Mexican Restaurant in the Haciendas twice- it was very, very good!!! And our server, Enrique, was beyond amazing!!!! We also ate at the Cava Roja, a Spanish restaurant in Heaven. It was also very good! The buffets were clean and the food was very good quality (something you do not always see at buffets, where quantity is more important than quality!!). The rooms at the resort are also lovely and very well appointed. The beach is very rocky, but the resort layout made it a non - issue by creating sand beaches and coves/lagoons. I personally loved that, because it kept you from being pummelled by the waves! I did not visit the spa.... The prices were ridiculous, as this resort chain does offer each room a "Resort credit" based on the number of nights you stay. We did not qualify for the room credit, and the spa prices were really inflated. All in all, this resort is an excellent choice for weddings, honeymoons, families, singles, and guests of all ages and genders!

• Stayed April 2014
Hi 3kidzlater,

I want to thank you for sharing your fantastic experience at HRHRM. We love receiving wonderful reviews like yours and we are thankful for your preference and even more grateful for your high recommendations. Thank you for highlighting the service from Enrique, I am sure he will be thrilled when I tell him the excellent impression you have about his service. We’re so glad that you found irresistible our beautiful cove beach. Come back soon for another rockstar vacation. Kind regards.

Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just travelled to Hard Rock Riviera Maya March 31- April 7th with our 13yr old son & our neighbors and their 4 kids ages 12-17. Weather was perfect, service at resort was wonderful & resort was great! No troubles checking in, room was ready and clean and comfortable! We were in building 8 2nd floor on the hacienda side and our view was of the ocean! The biggest noises we heard were the squawking birds in the morning and the "reverse beeps" from buses or trucks entering one of the loading docks nearby. Our room was near both the lobby and the pool so very convenient for us! Room aren't huge but you don't come to the tropics to sit in your room! The tub in the room is pretty unnecessary though, and removing them would give the room more space. Our room was very clean, no bugs, and only a tiny baby lizard on the wall on the last day. Food was good most places. Buffets were very good for breakfast & lunch. If you didn't find something you liked or that they prepared fresh for you then you are way too picky! Room service was also good and quick. We ate at Frieda twice and it was Great both times! Also Zen twice and Great too. We adults ate at the French restaurant and the Italian restaurant on the Heaven side. The French was great, I had duck breast and it was wonderfully prepared and presented. The Italian food was just ok. Past at was gummy and main dishes lacked flavor, but we're well plated and appealing. Service at all the restaurants and the buffets was OUTSTANDING!!! Everyone was smiling, kind, helpful and quick no matter what you needed! Can't remember everyone's names but, Antonio, Ramon, Raul, Isaiah, and oh... The giggly wonderful man waiter at Freida, were all WONDERFUL!!! Now, pool side food at lunchtime was awful at best. Horrible "hamburgers" disgusting chicken nuggets and hotdogs were the daily fare, all cooked then left in chafing dishes to become cold and disgusting. Kids always wanted to grab food from there so they didn't have to leave pool but after trying it twice we adults would head to Impanema for buffet, and after awhile kids joined us. They REALLY need to work on the pool food. Even if that's what they continue to offer then at least make it to order so it's hot and fresh! Lobby and bar were always hopping and fun in the evenings. Pool was wonderful and poolside entertainment was fun but somewhat redundant. Beach & lagoon were also fun, but got boring after a few days. We were grateful for the lagoon being safe from crashing waves but a beach on the ocean option would have been nice too. Limited fish to view while snorkeling in the lagoon, and kayaking in lagoon gets boring after the fourth day or so. We took 2 of the trips offered for use with our resort credits and had a great time! Dolphin swim and the Tulum Ruins tour. Enjoyed both thoroughly and well worth the 20% resort credit fee you pay. Husbands golfed twice with the resort credits and enjoyed it. All in all we had a great time and were pleased with the resort! I'm sure after the grand opening in May they will continue to improve and develop into an even better resort than they already are now!!!

Room Tip: Building 8 has good location to lobby and pool. Ask for ocean view room 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello KellyW439,

Thanks so much for your review, I am really glad to know that you had a wonderful time at our resort, and it pleases me to see that everyone in your party enjoyed the rooms, the food as well as the pools and the fantastic service from our staff. Thank you for mentioning those who gave you especial treatment. I will let Antonio, Ramón, Raúl and Isaiah know that you thought they were great. I really appreciate the feedback towards our pool side food; we will work on that. It’s wonderful that you took advantage of resort credits to enjoy the tours and the dolphin activity. We cannot wait to welcome you again soon. Kind regards!

Winder, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I honeymooned at this resort, and it was nothing less than spectacular. Beautiful grounds, besides the final bit of construction they are finishing. Friendlier staff than I could've ever imagined! Everyone who worked there catered to whatever we needed. The food was good, and sometimes great. Best restaurant was Ciao. Best meals were probably the breakfast buffets.

I do have to say however that although the nightclub is lots of fun, it can also be dangerous. The glass in the lounge booths do not stretch all the way across leaving an opening into an empty pool. We were there late one night, and someone fell into the pool headfirst hitting their head and was bleeding and also was non-responsive for a bit. Very scary moment, but he eventually woke up, and got stitches and from what I later heard, is now okay. It was a scary situation. Very glad he's okay, but that needs to be fixed so it doesn't happen again to a guest.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all rooms are great. We we're in building 2 and had no issues. We had a corn...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Erik M,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our resort; we are so glad to hear you loved every minute of your honeymoon at HRHRM. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have already taken care of the situation you mentioned before; said that, thank you for your high recommendations, we hope to welcome you so many more times…Make of this your awesome place for wedding anniversary! Kind regards.

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We traveled to Hard Rock Riviera Maya March 23rd-April 1st. We were a group of 5 families with kids ages 10-17. Some of us travel a lot-(6-8 times a year). We honestly all had a GREAT time! It was so nice to find a resort where both the kids and the adults were entertained day and night. We loved hanging out in the Sun Bar listening to music and having cocktails (in the evening) while the kids hung out in the atrium playing pool and having fun together. The pools were warm and clean. We always found chairs for our entire group at the pool. There are chair hogs, but that is everywhere. Towels were easy to get whenever you needed them.

Our rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. We had a family suite which I highly recommend! We never heard any construction going on and had zero issues with our room.

The staff was friendly and engaging. If we needed something, they were there to assist us. My friend was turning 40 while we were at Hard Rock so I inquired on ordering her a cake-it was delivered 3 hours later. Great customer service!

I do have two comments on other guests' reviews. I cannot believe the people that complain about the resort credits and the beach cove. These seem to be the same reviewers who say they "invested" in this trip or were on the "trip of a lifetime". Any person who spends 10-15 minutes reading about the resort will be informed that the resort credits have a service fee and the beach is an inlet cove. It shocks me that people complain about those two things-read up on your "dream" vacation before you make your purchase or find a new travel agent.

We had no issues using our resort credits. I can see why they need to charge a fee. They need staff available to make our appointments and book our excursions, which they are not making much money on. I didn't mind one bit paying $360 for $1800 in excursions and spa treatments. I honestly thought that was a great deal for our family.

The beach is beautiful, yes it is an inlet, but we all enjoyed that. The water was clean and crystal clear for snorkeling, swimming and just hanging out.

All in all, it was a great trip and we all said we would head back to Hard Rock again. We loved the "Rock Theme" with the music playing everywhere, the artifacts and decor! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Family Suites for families. Nice to have two separate bedrooms and two bathr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thanks to you Bschiffler for your great comments! Nothing rocks our world more than receiving these beautiful experiences from our esteemed rockstars. This is exactly what we strive to achieve. We are very glad to learn you loved technically every moment of your family vacation with us. You are so right about the cove, it’s safe and it gives guaranteed beach day every day! Perfect for snorkeling too. I’m glad to hear that you took advantage of the resort credits to get so many outstanding services and tours. We love hearing that you all are planning to return for another rock star vacation. We cannot wait to out the red carpet for you. Kind regards!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

After visiting this property in December, I was excited to get back to see all the changes and stay for 6 nights as a guest (not as a travel agent). WOW - what a difference a few months can make! I loved the resort back in December, loved it even more after this past week!

First of all, I am not sure what all the fuss is about with service, food, rooms, etc? From the moment we jumped off the transfer to the second we left, everything was perfect. We stayed in a two story sky terrace on the Hacienda side of the resort. The check in was smooth, the room was ready. The location in building 9 was awesome. Great views of the ocean and pool areas.

The staff - went above and beyond with everything. The room service was quick, the food was hot. We loved eating on our balcony everyday! The staff in the restaurants were considerate and quick to please.

The gym was fantastic and so was the spa. The services are well worth the 'fees' you pay with the resort credits. Again, not sure why guests complain about that? We had two treatments = amazing.

We were there for a wedding and the wedding department and events staff all did an awesome job! Way to go Rebecca and the team. All of the private events went off without a hitch. Thanks to Leo for all of your help with everything before the grand arrival of 94 guests!

Yes, this resort is 60 minutes from the airport and yes there are cove areas for the ocean (not your standard beach). However, totally worth the drive and nice to be able to swim and snorkel without getting drug out to sea!

Yes, there are still changes taking place to get this resort up to snuff as far as décor and such. The nightclub still has some things to finish, but NOTHING worth freaking out about. Everything is just about done and so awesome.

I can't wait visit again and I am confident that if you are NOT some crazy picky person, you will be thrilled with your stay on property.

THANK YOU HARD ROCK!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view room - book an ocean view room. Splurge on the two story sky, totally wort...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello kmenne,

THANKS TO YOU! Wow… what an amazing experience you have had at HRHRM. Thank you so much for all the kind comments and high recommendations. Nothing rocks our world more than reading the reviews of our satisfied guests. We are glad we exceeded your expectations in every way, every day, and we are confident that the next time you visit us is going to be even better. We appreciate you highlighted the service from Rebecca and Leo, I will let them know you thought they did a terrific job taking care of your event. Can’t wait to welcome you again soon for another Rockstar vacation. Best regards.

Tulum
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

don"t want construction on my vacation,Hotel was over booked when we got there in april made reservations in November.checked in at 10 did not have room till after 3 and it was not the right room then, other then that was overall a nice vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hi Lance K,

I want to thank you for sharing your opinion about our resort. I distress to read that your vacation started off on the wrong foot due to the misunderstanding you mentioned. However as you may know check-in is at 3pm; early check-in must be requested at least 48 hrs prior arrival and it is subject of availability. However you can check in before 3 pm and enjoy the facilities such as restaurants, pools, bars, etc. while you wait for your room to be ready at 3. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences this misunderstanding may have caused you. Nevertheless we are going to strengthen this information with our sales team to ensure this do not occur in the future. Kind regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!