“A great stay!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Cove Palace)   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Winnipeg, Canada
“A great stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

With a family of 8 (4 adults , 2 girls and 2 boys (18 and 13 yrs of age)) we had a wonderful vacation. The pools and the ocean coves were fun to swim in. We spent many hours snorkeling in the coves seeing many types of fish. The restaurants were fantastic - on par with the HR Punta Cana! We were welcomed every morning in the Market by our new friend Rosario - who was super friendly and helpful. We spent 3 full days on the beach in our own cabanas where we were helped by Miguel and Luis - who both went out of their way to setup our place and made sure we always had a nice cold drink. The nightly entertainment was always fun at the Sun Bar. Overall, the resort was clean and well equipped. There are some places that are still under construction - but this did not impact the quality of our stay. We will definitely come back. We did not give. 5 stars because the front desk staff could improve the quality of their customer service.

Stayed April 2014
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi there BBQJohnson,

Nothing rocks our world more than to learn that you had an amazing time at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. On behalf of everyone in our team, thank you so much for sharing your experience and for your high recommendations. It is wonderful to see that you and your family enjoyed snorkeling in our cove…great for everyone, especially the kids. Also I want to thank you for mentioning those who provided you a service that rocked! I am going to tell Rosario, Miguel and Luis that you thought they went out of their way to make you feel like a rockstar. I really appreciate your feedback regarding front desk service; we will work on that. Needless to say that we are looking forward to your next visit to get you another great family vacation. Kind regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

For some reason I expected more because of the Hard Rock name, and not just the same ol' resort. And it was pretty much just the same ol' resort.

Besides the Hard Rock style decor in the lobby and throughout the main area around the lobby, you would have no idea that you are in Hard Rock. The room decor is more of a "rock" style with the use of different materials (wood, metal, leather). On the wall, there was a large photo of a girl playing a guitar and smoking a cigarette. No one recognizable. It could of been one of the maids.

The resort wont be completely finished til the fall so yes there was construction. Expect workers and some noise. Tools, ladders, electrical cords, etc. Just beyond the pool, they were installing sprinklers. Cutting cement was the loudest noise heard and it was for a minute every now and then. Other construction going on is painting in various areas and hanging decor in the hallways throughout the resort. It is nothing worth complaining about. I believe most of the work that needs to be completed was in the Heaven side. The couple of times I walked through the Hacienda side, I did not see much construction going on.

Food - ugh. Average is being fair. Breakfast and lunch there is a buffet on each side (heaven/hacienda) Dinner there is only 1 buffet (hacienda) and they have several restaurants throughout. Do not need reservations for any! Dont recall their names but did not goto the Spanish, Mexican or Japanese. Did goto the French, Steakhouse, Ipanema Grill and ordered room service one night. Breakfast and lunch buffets were just...there. The usual scrambled eggs and bacon (bacon was SO GOOD). There were odd things like fish and ravioli that was served for breakfast. Most of it sat dried out because thats not breakfast food. But dont worry, because it will be there for the lunch buffet! Dinner we went one night to French, which was very good but small portions, and had us wonder over to the dinner buffet. Oh boy was that disappointing. Small for being the only dinner buffet in the resort. Steakhouse good. Room service was fast service and taste better than the buffet. Ipanema Grill is the perfect example of what being on vacation is about. Over indulgence and not caring. Everything was great, which explained why it was so crowded. Go early or expect to wait between servings. BUT it was worth the wait. Main pool bar serves burgers, nachos, french fries. In the end, the great tasting restaurants are what raised my food review to average. OH...watch the birds when eating outside or near the open air doors during the day. NEVER leave your food alone. lol always leave someone at the table.

Drinks - Its a surprise every time! The best is definately from the lobby bar and from the buffet bar. The pool bars...it was luck of the draw. Instead of saying "no we dont have banana daquiri" they say "ok" and throw a bunch of juice in a glass? Mudslides...it was either chocolate milk or pure alcohol.

Pools - music was confusing. I think I heard AC/DC followed by Lionel Ritchie. Nothing current. One day they had an actual band pool side, performing. THAT was nice. Reminded me I was at a Hard Rock. There are a lot of chairs but be sure to get out early (by 730am) to claim yours by putting a towel down with a book or bottle of water. AND THEN dont go back to use your chairs until noon or 1PM like most of the inconsiderate visitors did, leaving people with no where to sit. Cant knock the resort for that, but they should have some kind of policy to prevent that. The pools are very clean!!!! I saw cleaning in the evenings and in the early mornings. Nothing green or slimey!

Beach - not really a beach. It is a nice area of sand with water and a wall of rock that you can hear the ocean. If you stand, you can see the ocean. Neat concept. There are nice cabanas too but again, get them early! Unless they have a placard with someones name, reserving it for someone. I heard there was a small beach at the very end of the hacienda side. Too far to care to go look.

Double bedroom with jacuzzi in the corner. Jacuzzi is a waste. Did not use it. And even if we did, it was in a corner on an inside wall. You had no view of anything. A/C never shut off. Thankfully it cooled but when i got home, my luggage and clothing were all damp and smelled horribly musty. Bed was hard as a rock. We were missing a table in the room, but we had the 2 chairs lol. The room service guy was confused because he did not know where to put the tray.

Check in/check out went smoothly. If you are not already a member, upon check in you will be asked to meet with someone to discuss the property activities and be shown the property - even the Presidential Rock Suite . Hard Rock is turning their properties in to something of a time share property. Not as bad as a time share, but similar. Expensive yes but not lifetime or as restrictive. Since it was going to rain the next day, we decided to see the property. Plus we were promised a gift bag which included hard rock hats, tshirts, shot glasses and tequila in a beach bag. The agent told us just to do it for the gift bag, it would be worth it. Ok cool. Although we told the agent and salesman up front, that we will not be buying anything and only want the free stuff - they still treated us like potential owners. Pressure pressure pressure. Of course it didnt work. Not sure what the tour of the Rock Suite was for. If that influences someones decision to buy, they are nuts. Even the "boss" that came in at the end, could not break us. After signing out and picking up our coupon for free stuff, they tried hitting us up for a smaller vaca package. No thanks. Our bag of Hard Rock goodies turned out to be a smelly wicker bag with paper thin bathrobes with matching slippers, an incense burner, an oil incense burner, face sun protection lotion and a bottle of tequila. NONE that said Hard Rock lol. What a waste.

Like i was saying at the start, for some odd reason I expected more since it was a Hard Rock. Its an average every day run of the mill nothing special resort. And the worst part is that its almost an hour drive from the airport. I could have driven 10 mins from the airport and hit up one of those resorts which are the same or better for the same price. Maybe things will improve after everything is finished? Im not sure. But at this point and time, I would not recommend anyone to stay here, but I would not tell anyone to run away. I just wouldnt talk about Hard Rock at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Melissa T,

Thank you for bringing your discontent to my attention, it is so sad that we were not able to meet your expectations this time. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to extend my humble apologies for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced during your stay at our property. This is certainly not the image we want you to have of our resort. Thank you for giving us a try; we truly appreciate your remarks which will be taken in consideration for improving our services. Should you decide to come back please let us know in advance so we can ensure you have the rock star vacation you deserve, kind regards.

Tulum
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Construction going on. Should not have given rooms in the buildings that were being worked on. Stepping over cords and construction debris. Dealing with cement dust being tracked into the rooms. Didn't have ice machine on our floor and working until the third day.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hi Clifford D,

I distress to find out that we have not met your expectations this time. I would like to extend my apologies for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced during your visit. This office is aware of your discontent and I would like change your perception about our resort. I am going to have one of our specialists to get in contact with you via private message to address your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to get you the wonderful vacation you deserve. Kind regards.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were here for two weeks mid-March and had another great visit. We are VIP members and were accommodated even after we erroneously booked trip for the Hard Rock Cancun (very LOUD property overrun with children). Our VIP representative, Marsela (sp?) made sure we got a great room when we finally arrived at 10pm. We prefer the restaurants on the adult side. In general, all areas of the resort on the family side are louder. There are lots of places to get away from the loud party atmosphere at the pool or it's easy to find a place if that's what you prefer. It seemed like the employees running water aerobics etc... were very fun and funny. The workout area was great and so was the spa. We had some fantastic massages. Room service was fast and friendly for both alcohol and food. The customer service throughout the property was terrific and everything was very clean. The new nightclub was beautiful though we didn't go there as that's not our thing. Overall, we really like this property and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in bldg 4 which was close enough to the main building/workout room and pool but nice not t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Melissa M,

I am really glad to see that we have exceeded your expectations in every way especially with our service throughout the entire property. It is so great to learn that you loved every moment of your stay and the room that Marcela got for you was a dream come true; I will tell her that she played an important role to make your vacation very enjoyable. I can see that you had a delightful relaxing time at our RockSpa after workout at BodyRock. Thank you for your kind comments towards our room service. It is wonderful to hear that you will come back for another Rock Star vacation. We will see you then! Kind regards.

Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had expected more activities for youth. Teen club almost non-existent. Activities for 10-15 year old boys very limited. Room layout not appropriate for family of 4. Thought construction would have been over. Most enjoyable times were when we left resort.

Hello Rob2014March,

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I am sorry to see we have not met your expectations this time. This office is aware of your dissatisfaction and I’m concerned about your perception of our service so I would like to have the opportunity to change your perspective by having one of our specialists to get in touch with you soon to address your concerns. We hope to welcome you again at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to get you the excellent family vacation you deserve. Kind regards.

Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Make sure your special requests are listed on your confirmation letter.
Don't let someone who is supposed to take care of you walk out on you.
A very good resort and area. Also many outside locattractions beside the good ones at the resort.

Hello RoJoLa,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I am glad to find out that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our attractions. We do our best to comply with all special requests from our esteemed Members, however please accept my humble apologies if this was not case for you. Should you decide to come back please let us know in advance so we can ensure you get the Rock Star treatment you deserve. Kind regards.

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is probably my sixth trip to this resort and it is ALWAYS fabulous. My sister and I take this trip every year. This year we invited two other girlfriends to join us. Whenever you recommend a resort you are worried they will enjoy it as much as you've bragged about it. Well even before we arrived, we had email contact with MarcelaTijerino del Rivero. We had a grand welcome from several staff members including Marcela, which really set the tone for our trip. Marcela arranged for birthday balloons and decorations for one of our friends. And both our rooms had delicious treats on plates that said "Girls Trip 2014 Rock On." Thank you so much, Marcela and Rosey!!! Our butler, Jose was also amazing. Made dinner reservations each night, got us front row seats for the shows, made sure we had lounge chairs at the pool and beach. And when Jose went home (very little), Carlos was there to look after us. The entertainment staff at HRRM is the BEST. Thank you to Victor, Eddie, Danny, Jonathon, Mauricio and the whole gang. You made everyday and nigh FUN. I don't think I missed one day of water aerobics! The restaurants were great. The food was delicious. Everything was so good, we wanted to go to some more than once, but ran out of days. The wait staff was so gracious and attentive. Special thanks to Pamela and Edwin and all their associates. The Spa is beautiful. Felipe gives amazing facials, massages and wraps - my sister and I fight over him. In a few months, we are going back to this resort with our husbands and we have all the faith in the world that they are going to enjoy it as much as we did. When we were checking out, Marcela, Jose, Rosey, Victor and Danny joined us for goodbye hugs until next time! I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Building 4 on the Heaven side was so convenient - easy to get to Hacienda for the shows.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello YogaNamaste,

Wow… what a great break you and your lady friends have had! I am so glad to learn that Marcela and Rosy did an outstanding job by delivering you a truly Rock Star vacation. Thank you so much for naming so many from our staff who provided you a service that rocked! Something tells me that each one of them is going to be on high demand from our incoming guests! Rest assured that I will let all them know they made your day every day. We cannot wait to roll out the red carpet to welcome you again for another Rock Star vacation… best regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!