“A great trip exceeding our expectation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

You added Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal, Puerto Aventuras 77710, Mexico (Formerly Aventura Cove Palace)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Toronto, Canada
“A great trip exceeding our expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I did lots of research about Reviera Maya area and this resort before I went, and have seen some negative comments about this resort. I was a little concerned but not any more after this trip. I don't understand why some people have so many complaints. My experience turned out to be an excellent one. This resort is not perfect (which one can be perfect?) but has exceeded our expectation in many aspects: services, variety and quality of food and drinks, spa, etc. , and most important of all, very nice and friendly stuff which try every effort to meet your needs. It doesn't have a long/big beach but this will be resolved when they put a really nice one outside of the rocks by Nov 2013. To me, those beaches currently surrounding the few lagoons have been nice enough.

If I expect there would be something different, I have a couple in my mind:
1. Activities: I understand lots of people go tours outside of the resort during the day, but it would be nice if more activities are offered during the day like salsa, Spanish learning for visitors, cooking class for local food, etc. There are a few very nice night activities but there is no place we can go dancing on a regular basis-this is a resort for adults vacation, so I thought there are quite a lot of people loving disco, ballroom dancing, etc.

2. Competition of beach couches in the morning. In afternoon, there seems to be no problem at all.

Room Tip: Our room is facing an electronic room which generates noises on and off.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello Jennifer L, thank you very much for sharing your marvelous experience with our readers.

We are pleased to hear that you felt the exceptional service that is characteristic from our staff in Aventura Spa Palace.

We truly appreciate your recommendation regarding the daily activities, rest assured that we will share this suggestion with the Entertainment Manager for further consideration, keep in mind that we will include a lot of surprises in our upcoming style, I am sure that you will love it!.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon at our resort.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I just returned from from Aventura Cove Palace on March 18, 2013. We absolutley loved this hotel. The food was amazing, the grounds were beautiful. My husband and I travelled with our 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter. There were tons of activities for the kids and lots of other kids around the resort for them to play with. It is by far the best resort we have ever stayed at. I highly recomend doing the Snorkel Extreme adventure! Our tour guide's name was "Issy" and he was so amazing! We took our 4 year old on this adventure and he helped us our with her so much, which of course gave us more of a chance to enjoy snorkeling with the turtles!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Checked in on March 24th. Rooms are super small. So not meant for 2 adults and 2 kids. Towel 1 with stains,Towel 2 torn, Towel 3 with rips. Bulb busted in the room. A/C broke. They took an hour to fix it. We had to move everything out of the closet to rearrange them again. Mar 25th morning phone stopped working. They had to bring a new phone unit and fix that. Back from the pool to take shower to get ready for dinner,water in the room is dark brown. WHAT MORE TO COME? Less than 24 hours and so much have been experienced. 5 more days to ago.Even if they give us free week we will not come back to this place. We travel at least 3 times a year but this resort will never be visited by us again.

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The rooms, food, entertainment and so much more was spectacular. For a first time traviler i coukdnt have asked for anything better. Not only was the place amazing, but the staff are all so kind and wonderful, i came across many people who i will never forget including the best bartender i have ever met, everytime i talked to him he made me laugh and smile, i couldnt think of a better way to start off my night.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife , six year old son, and I stayed for two weeks from Feb 24 to March 10 2013. We had a great time thanks to all of the very helpfull and sincere staff through out the hotel. There were so many staff that went out of there way to make our stay great I couldn't mention them all. By the time we left the waiters new my son by name and he was like a rock star around the resort, high fives every where from all the staff. Maria, always went out of her way to make you feel at home, and you could really tell she truelly enjoys her job. Glenelda, the cook at the breakfast buffet, was the hardest working employee I saw at the resort. She greated me every morning with my usual fried eggs and fresh french toast with out even asking!

The Hotel and court yard was in the early stages of renovations, but was contained to one out of the way wing, so it did not bother us. If you are travelling there in the coming months you may want to check on that. Overall the rooms and lobby were yes dated , however they were in great shape and well maintained. Everything was very clean and comfortable.

As far as the chair situation we always had a chair, however it was not always where we wanted to be. This was our sixth year in a row to the Mayan,( different hotels) and this was probably the best chair sittuation of all. There will always be the jerks that get up and towel a chair and never use it! I'm not sure how a hotel deals with that? We were apprehensive of the no beach/ cove sittuation , but were pleasantly surprised. It was great! Lots of fish every day, some days better than others. The girls at the beach grill would give my son the spoiled hot dog buns and we would feed the fish every day. Please beware that there is rock on each side of the coastline and it is unpassable. Overall I think we used the ocean more in this setting than previous years with a true beach and lots of waves.

The hotel credits were a very nice bonus! We used them to go to Cancun , swim with dolphins, and spa treatments. It would be a full time job to spend them all but could be done. We had no problem booking spa treatments 1 day to 1 1/2 days in advance. The spa was very high end, and would highly recommend. You pay 11 % on the purchase, kind of like paying the sales tax but still a great deal. We took a family of three to dolphins and payed around $ 40 us. Overall a nice touch!

As everyone knows this Hotel is turning into a Hard Rock Hotel, thus the tour to Cancun was to their new hotel in Cancun. It was very nice, exactly what you would expect in Cancun, a Vegas on the beach feel. We were very confused how this feel would fit in in the Mayan Rivierra. We have stayed in Cancun and the Mayan, you usually stay in either place based on the vacation you are after. I really hope they don't change the feel to much at the Cove. Also I found the staff in Cancun good but a lot less sincere, younger staff .

Overall our experience was very good and would recommend this hotel. No matter where you go you there will always be minor things people don't like.
One thing we would suggest is putting actual nice fine sand at the cove. We really missed the beautifull sand the Mayan is known for.
Also , to the management, the hotel needs some updating yes, but don't change to much. The current staff on hand was very strong and good at what they do. Make sure you take care of them during the down time of renovation, otherwise you will loose them.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Everybody was helpful and very friendly some of the hardest workers I have ever seen they all make you feel like royalty I had a blast and hope to go back soon very clean Very good service I enjoyed the n entertainment and the family atmosphere

• Stayed March 2013
hudson, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We just returned from a fabulous trip to Aventura. This resort is transitioning to a Hard Rock resort and there have been some bad reviews so I would like to describe our wonderful experience to alleviate any concerns. We have been on over 25-30 trips to mexico and this resort ranks among the top. We were on a special family vacation with 13 people celebrating birthdays and a 55th anniversary. We had many requests for these special occasions, and Marcela and Rossa from the member concierge staff were simply outstanding!! They went out of their way daily to make sure that our entire family had a fantastic experience. I can't say enough about how special they made the entire trip.
The Martini Bar is a great place to have drinks in the early evening, with the waves splashing on the rocks. The food was good in the restaurants and the service is awesome! Everyone is full of smiles and very friendly. Sergio, our waiter in the Mexican restaurant at the Cove, was so fantastic, we requested him for a special dinner with the whole group 2 nights later and he was equally as remarkable.
Carlos, the general manager of the resort even checked with my wife at the end of the trip to make sure that eveything had gone well.
There are a few minor issues. Yes the towels and some of the chairs are showing some wear but that does not affect the beauty of the property. The spa is wonderful, the gym is great and as I said before the staff are unbelievable. Don't miss the chance to stay at this resort!

Room Tip: Adults only definitely stay on the Spa side. If you have kids then you will have to stay on the Cov...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!