We just got back from our 4th trip to Ixtapa. Usually we stay in our timeshare at the Pacifica, but this year we decided to rent a condo. We got to Ixtapa and because of a mix up, we had no place to stay. Thank goodness our taxi driver knew a person who could help us. He took us to a wonderful booking agent and before we knew it, he had found a spot for all 6 of us at the Tesoro. We actually rented a condo from an owner at the Tesoro. It was 3 good sized bedrooms, 2 balconys, a small kitchen and living room, and 2 bathrooms. It had a nice view of the ocean and it was neat and clean. There were a few amenities that we had to purchase (shampoo, conditioner, toothe paste......) but since this was a last minute thing, we didn't really mind. The lobby has a nice little bar and the restaurant was your typical mexican buffet. The Tesoro has a nice pool and the beach area was even better. One of the best things at the Tesoro is the staff of waiters, especially Carlos. He checked with us at least every 15 minutes and brought us whatever we asked for. One little tip, bring a mug for your drinks. They will stay colder and waiters don't have to make so many trips. The beach in Ixtapa is the best we have ever been to (and we have been all around Mexico). It has the nicest beach and the warmest water. The resort is only steps from downtown Ixtapa and all the night life. We went downtown every night and felt safe walking around all over. Kapados, Senior Frogs, and Franks are just some of the wonderful bars and there are more restaurants than I could count.
A couple of things we didn't really care for at the Tesoro....
1. The resort sells day passes to the locals. This means that chairs are hard to come by and there are a LOT of children there everyday. If you don't have chairs saved by 8 a.m., you wont get one.
2. There is no pool bar. Drinks are not allowed in the pool at all.
3. There is very little entertainment. They have Karoke for about an hour each night, but when it is over, the whole place clears out.
Over all, despite the mix up in our reservations, we had a wonderfull trip and will definately go back to Ixtapa.
- Also Known As:
- Tesoro Ixtapa Hotel
- Tesoro Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Ixtapa Tesoro Hotel
- Ixtapa Tesoro
- Tesoro Hotel Ixtapa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With views of the sparkling Pacific and tropical mountains, this breathtaking resort features 203 rooms that cater to families, honeymooners and friends seeking the Treasure of tranquil waters, golden shorelines and year round sunshines in a vibrant Mexican destination.This All Inclusive resort is plenty of additional packages for Free Weddings, Conventions, Graduation Trips as well as Packages that include a Dolphin Encounter or SPA Massages. If you are looking for the secluded atmosphere of a Fine Dining place, just make a reservation to EL MESON, the Specialty Restaurant or even better, if you prefer to be in your room, we offer the possibility of asking for Room Service, free of charge (1 daily). In Tesoro Ixtapa you will find another exclusive jewel. If you feel hungry at midnight or coming back from the party, you will feel like at home, going down for some snacks like Nachos, Hot Dogs or sandwiches accompanied with beer or sodas...at the 7/24. And the best thing is that this is also included !!!! If you are looking for Location... This is the place to be, because it is located at the heart of Ixtapa, so you will be walking distance from the most important and commercial areas of town, as well as in front of the Golf Course or walking distance from de Marina Ixtapa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tesoro Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.