“We had so much fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Park (Parque Aventura)

Adventure Park (Parque Aventura)
48Km Zihuatanejo-Lazaro Street, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 11 activities in Ixtapa
Attraction Details
Edmonton, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“We had so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We visited the park the week of Mar 21st. Had a great time. A few us us were a bit wary but the staff (Abraham and Marco) were very friendly and encouraging. We had a group of 8 and were the only ones on the tour at the time. We felt very safe and had a blast. The first part of the course was an obstacle course of sorts and was challenging but made it more rewarding each time you made it across to the next tree. We didn't have any problem with bees but someone mentioned mosquito repellent may attract them, so we opted not to use. Would definitely recommend to others, our group was in their 40's and we're sure our teenage and young adult kids would love it too (not for little kids or seniors).

Visited March 2011

Las Vegas, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
“Zip Line and Bees!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

NOT SO GOOD!3 of us went on this Canopy tour. It was march and the place was infested with bees! Guide was nice. The zip lines are short. Out of 11 maybe 2 are decent length. The are not very high off the ground! This would be a great exp for FIRST TIMERS ( less the bees) We had gone to Selvetica in Cancun and that was AWESOME. This cannot compare!
The suspended bridges are integrated with the zip line…. so you go on one or 2 zip than 1 or 2 bridges. The bridges are pretty good and challenging. We only went out with one guy which made things a bit tricky. He was very nice.and the gear was also good There was any array of animals there including an ostrich! The place is small and you just go in a sort of circle. Not that exciting for us.

Visited March 2011
Lewiston, Idaho
12 attraction reviews
“It WAS an adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I went with a couple friends. We paid $220mxn a piece for the basic course (two hours). The taxi ride from Club Med was $150mxn each way. I have never been on a zipline course before, and from what I've seen on zipline websites, theirs is pretty basic. That being said, it was still fun as heck. Think of it less like a zipline course, and more like a obstacle course in the trees with a few ziplines to make things fun. My family had just watched the Swiss Family Robinsons, and I was thinking that a modern day movie would have ziplines, and wiggly boards, and all the rest. You definitely work up a sweat, and they take a break half way through and give you a bottle of water, and a bottle of water at the end. If you have someone in your party who doesn't want to zipline, still have them go along so that they can take lots of pictures. There's also a masters course once you've completed the basic course that costs more and is apparently much more intense, and lasts for 3.5 hours.

Redding, California
7 attraction reviews
“Good workout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This was one of the items on my "100 Things to Do Before I Die" list. This was our first time to zip. If you want some variety from beach activiites, this is it!

It was a good adventure. Our guides were very nice, and we were quite surprised when we stopped after an hour for a snack and we thought we were done. Surprise, another hour to go.

I really enjoyed the obstacle course. A shear test of balance, but what a sense of accomplishment when you are done. I agree with the previous post - it felt like we were on Fear Factor or Amazing Race, with no $1 million at the end.

Don't wear a white shirt as it will get dirty, and be prepared to sweat! You can always treat yourself to a Margarita at Carlos n Charlies afterwards :)

Vancouver
5 attraction reviews
“Disappointing ziplines”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband and I went to Adventure Park Aug 12th. I'd previously done ziplines in Whistler, BC and Costa Rica so was looking forward to it. Our Air Canada rep helped us make reservations and got us a small discount so it cost $40. Regular price is $45. We got to the park at 8:30 am and there were only the 2 of us. We had a young guide named Eric.

Eric outfitted us with helmuts, gloves and harnesses. My hands are quite small and the gloves were huge so could easily slip off my hands. Wear a cap to protect your head as the helmuts and gloves are quite stinky. After that, we did some practice walking on wires and zipping on a small zipline. Eric explained to us how to attach the trolley and clamps to the ziplines.

After the practice, the first part of the course is a network of tight wires and suspended wooden planks. I didn't expect this part as Parque Aventura's website is all in spanish so I couldn't understand it. Anyhow, as it was first thing in the morning, the wood planks and wires were quite wet and slippery. It takes quite a bit of effort to make it through all the 'bridges'. I felt like a tight rope walker. There was one part where there were suspended metal gym rings (looks like the type gymnasts use). You had to put a foot in each, balance and move to the next one. You are attached by your harness to a wire but those metal rings are quite heavy. I was trying to reach one with my right foot and missed. The heavy ring swung back and hit me on the shin. Ouch! The whole thing was quite the work out and my triceps were sore for days afterwards. LOL

After all the hardwork with the bridges, we were really looking forward to the 2nd part of ziplines. The first zipline was the longest and highest. After that, all the other ziplines were short and disappointing. In addition, as we only had 1 guide, we had to attach the pulley and hook ourselves up to the line. On the Costa Rica and Whistler ziplines, we always had multiple guides. One to go first and help you on the other end and one who goes last who helps you hook up to the line to ensure everything is hooked up properly. I was very careful with hooking myself off and on the line but felt this was very unsafe.

All in all, the Adventure Park is good for a bit of diversion and if you're looking for a workout. However, as a zipline experience, it's very disappointing. If it's ziplining that you're after, save your money for an experience elsewhere.