“Excellent dining, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Plaza, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Ixtapa
New York City, New York
“Excellent dining, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My daughter and I only had time for one meal at Mama Norma's and Deborah's Cafe but it was definitely a highlight of our trip. The food was unbelieveably delicious and the service top rate. We met Deborah and she is an excellent host, very personable and warm. The restaurant was full when we walked in but we were warmly greeted and served. Everyone there were enjoying the food and sharing compliments. One of the guests was so enthused about the coconut pie that he sent us a slice and I was so happy about that. I usually do not eat coconut but the coconut pie with coconut crust was soooooo good. In fact, the desserts were to die for - especially the chocolate cake. This was our first trip to Ixtapa and we loved it. We will definitely go back to Mama Norma's on our next visit. Well worth the visit!

• Visited March 2014

Oregon
“Mama's is good..and consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

During a month in Ixtapa we were at Mama's several times and each time was very good...Consistent from meal to meal and never a bad meal..Mama's make the best of its location and provides courtyard dining and occasional music.

Highly recommend Mamas for the upper resort type atmosphere and food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“Consistently good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went to Deborah's every day for breakfast. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable. Fresh fruit and yogurt was our favorite, although they have a breakfast special that is really good, too. Try the shrimp-stuffed avocado. (Bet you can't eat just one!) Only complaint is the coffee - we prefer strong, dark-roast coffee so the coffee was a little too weak for our liking. Still, it was better than most places. (Tip: there's a coffee stand on the main drag. If you like your coffee strong, ask for a double or triple shot. Perfect!)

Visited March 2014
Minot, North Dakota
“Ixtapa's BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been to Ixpata 3 times in the last few years. If you don't try out this place, you're truly missing out. The care that goes into the entire dining experience is amazing! The services is great, and the food is amazing, no matter which meal you attend. There's a small patio you can eat on and gives a great atmosphere at night. HIGHLY recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Easily one of Ixtapa's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been going to Ixtapa 1-2 times per year for the last dozen years or so, and Mama Norma & Deborah's is one of the most consistently excellent restaurants there. The owner, Deborah, has personally greeted me each time, and the food and service are always wonderful even when I've brought a large group including children. She does Mexican or America fare equally well, but my favorite meal there is probably the "Chicken with fine herbs." Always a lovely, juicy chicken breast served with rice and steamed vegetables. I'm not sure what she puts in her rice, but it is delicious for such a seemingly simple side dish.

There are many good eating places to choose from in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo, but even so I usually make sure to eat at Mama Norma & Deborah's a couple times during my stay.

• Visited March 2014