Just like the review stated before me. IF you like to share your resort vacation with hundreds of Federal Police then this is the place. We felt completely unwelcome at this resort. THis resort caters to the Federals only. Restaurant is open for them only. Swim up bar closed, the water park was closed. The staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful. The rooms were old and worn down. No hot water. Nothing seemed to work. We spent majority of our time off the resort. Ixtapa itself is a wonderful place, but just do not stay at this resort. We called RCI and complained and they did compensate us by giving us another week. Thank God there was plenty of other things to do off the resort. Ixtapa has great restaurants, and shopping and lots of activities. We booked several activities through Ixtapa Holidays. Carlos was wonderful and very accomodating. Go to Las Gatas if you can. Beautiful beach. Walk all the way down to the end of the beach and stop at Otilia's. Ask for Franco. The staff there was wonderful and we had a blast. We went over there twice during our stay and Franco just took really good care of us. We will be going back to Ixtapa our next trip, but we will never stay at the Ixtapa Palace again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a condo in a tropical town, beaches with crystalline water, colorful fish and exotic drinks.Ixtapa Palace Resort welcomes you to Mexico’s best kept secret with a true Mexican atmosphere, original charm and tradition. A distinctive resort to relax and enjoy the tropical surroundings or take part of the many amenities Ixtapa Palace has to offer its guests. - Relax in one of our 3 swimming pools. - Enjoy a relaxing day at the spa, with Ixtapa's only temascal. - Ixtapa Palace hosts the largest gym including free weights, machines, cardio, aerobics room, tennis and squash courts. - High speed tobogan for the kids. - Mini-golf and table tennis. - All suites are equipped with A/C and calbe tv. - Ask about our suites with kitchenettes.We hope you enjoy your next vacation to Ixtapa Palace Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ixtapa Palace Magic World Hotel Playa La Ropa
- Palace Magic World Ixtapa
- Palace Magic World Hotel Ixtapa