“Restored my opinion of Mexico vactions!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Royal Ixtapa

Save Saved
You added Park Royal Ixtapa to your Saves list
Park Royal Ixtapa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Ixtapa Lote No. 5-A | Zona Hotelera, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico (Formerly Radisson Resort)   |
Special Rate
Mejor Tarifa Garantizada!
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Ixtapa
Bellville, Texas
“Restored my opinion of Mexico vactions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Swore I'd never vacation in Mexico again after an awful experience in Cancun, but my brother was getting married so I went. What a wonderful surprise! Excellent staff, food, location, room, beach, amenities - everything! I went with somewhat of a jaded opinion based on my previous Cancun experience and had a 180 degree change of mind. I would definetly go back with entire family in tow, children included, it's a very family friendly place. My only advice would be to go with the knowledge that apparently airconditioning systems in Mexico are water chilled systems and do not cool down like those in the states. However, that being said my room was always comfortable at night and cool enough to sleep well. We did ask the staff to add a mattress topper to the bed to make it softer, which they did readily, and earplugs at night helped to drown out the sound of the music from the disco outside. Sunrise walks on the wide clean beach were wonderul and the sunsets were awesome as well. I agree with other reviewers that the current is very strong and to be careful. The waves are big and they come in fast and go back out just as fast. Para-sailing is available right on the beach, which was beautiful to watch - I, however was not brave enough to give it a try. My brother and his new bride were treated to a room full of rose petals and their bed adorned with swans made out of the towels surrounded by roses and flowers with their names written in flower petals. Awesome! And the food! Impossible not to gain weight! This is a great place to stay at a very reasonable price. Tip well, they earn it and deserve it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

my wife and i along with 2 other couples stayed here in march 2011. a nice comfy resort, excellent location. great beach, loved the waves. food is good for an all inclusive. we went out a couple of times for dinner, mama norma's was great. activities staff was fun and kept us active if we desired, no pressure. it seemed we had to drink alot to get a buzz, 10 rum and cokes in 2 and one half hours. and i'm not a big drinker. rooms are a little dated, but fine for us and always clean. not much was going on close for nightlife, but the resort has a disco called the chill out lounge which was awesome because we weren't ready for bed at 8 o'clock

Room Tip: unless you are a member of their vacation club, you will get just a basic room which was fine for us...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Not 5 Star, but staff was 5 star! Grounds and room just typical. Beach great and WAVES awesome! Not really a swimming beach but really cool, soft sand and lots of it! Food really quite good. Did some time at 5 star at same price with NO all-inclusive and were bored!

Room Tip: We took the side room with ocean veiw and veiw of neighboring resort so we didn't have to wait f...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Queen Charlotte City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My bf and I visited this resort twice. Once in Jan 2008 for a week, and again in Jan 2010 for 2 weeks. The resort is old, but very clean and well laid out. There are always workers out cleaning the pool, palm trees, sweeping, etc. Breakfast was served at the main buffet which has indoor or open air settings, and lunch was at the outside buffet by the pool. Both had a lot of variety (lots of fruits, salads, soups, desserts at every meal). Breakfast there was an omelet station and always sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, bacon, pancakes, waffles, and the like available. Lunch was at the outdoor buffet and in addition to the above there were make your own fajita areas, tostadas, rice, pastas, hot meats, etc and also an a la carte menu to order off with things like fish of the day, cajun fish and etc. Dinners in the buffet have a different rotating theme each night, and the Mexican was definitely the best. We ate off of the resort quite a few times and loved going into Ixtapa. The area is small and you feel safe walking around at night - lots of shops and galleries to visit, and plenty of great restaurants and bars. The Italian restaurant on site was good, especially the calamari risotto! We found that you don't need reservations, tipping the hostess will get you in any night. The snack bar had pizza, burgers, and nachos and was open all throughout the day. There is an internet cafe with 6 or so computers which is free to use, and free wifi in the lobby. The giftshop has snacks, sunscreen, souvs, and the like, but it's more expensive. I would just go across the street to one of the markets instead. The pool is nice and refreshing, although I would like it to have been deeper, it is only about 4 feet throughout. The beach area is beautifully kept, and you are not constantly bugged by vendors. The ocean can have a pretty strong pull a lot of days, so if you're not a strong swimmer I would be careful, and they do have lifeguards on duty. You can walk to beach end to end to the Marina, or the other end to the Barcelo. We came across 3 turtle releases during our second stay. The nightly entertainment was definitely lacking, with some bingo and casino nights, but no shows or dancing if you're into that kind of thing. There is a disco on site that has huge lounging beds, a pool table, strong drinks, and very loud music! The DJ will play almost anything you request though. The rooms all have great oceanviews, and the non refurbished rooms I would say reflect 80's decor, but still clean and well appointed. No mini bars, safes, or room service at this resort though. Tipping goes a long as well even if you are at an all inclusive. For out trips I would recommend heading to Ixtapa Island, but just take a cab to the pier and it's a short 3 minute boat ride to the Island which you pay for at the dock ($5 bucks I think) - no need to pay a guide for this. On the one side of the Island there is great swimming, seadoo rentals, and restaurants, and the other side has excellent snorkeling and more restaurants - super cheap! There is an alligator and bird sanctuary by the pier, and another marketplace as well. If you're into fishing Grande Jeffe has a great fleet of boats with all the comforts (bathroom, shade, etc). Def take a trip into Zihuat as well, great shopping, restaurants, and beautiful beaches. If you want to swim with the dolphins Delfiniti is right next door to the resort - the full package is about $150 CDN per person. All in all we loved this resort for what it is - a reasonably priced 3 star resort with all the necessities, a comfortable and welcoming feel, great service and super friendly staff - but nothing over the top in terms of rooms or amenities. The resort is in a great area with great people! If you're looking for a 5 star, definitely look elsewhere. We would return to this resort again, but this time we're trying out Huatulco! Cheers.

Room Tip: All rooms have oceanviews, but the higher up the better of course!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed there 3 nights by ourselves to celebrate our wedding anniversary and then my in laws and two kids came over to join us for four more nights. It was a great experience, as a couple we enjoyed very much our ocean view room; we were told it was just refurbished, it had a nice balcony and a Jacuzzi, then we got an adjoining room for the other members of the family. The beach is great, we took long walks… by the way you can walk to the marina or to the shopping and restaurant area.. This is an all inclusive resort so all the meals and drinks are covered, the best part is that you do not have to take money with you! There are four bars, three restaurants and a snack bar next to the pool. The Italian restaurant is very good, it is not a buffet but you can try as many dishes as you want; if you go there ask for the tiramisu. Theme nights are held at the buffet restaurant; kids are not aloud at the Italian one. When the rest of the family arrived we organized a tour downtown which my in laws loved. There is a kids club where they took care of the little ones during the day, the kids had a lot of activities, they had lunch with other kids their age and of course they slept pretty well at night! Great idea for parents that need a time for themselves. The facilities are in good shape, very clean and recently refurbished. The meals and drinks were fine. The best part of the Park Royal is their staff; they are friendly, hardworking and very helpful; most of them spoke very good English. There is free wireless internet in the lobby, just in case you need to stay in touch. Had a great time, will stay there again.

Room Tip: all of them have balcony and ocean view
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

A whole lot of empty promises. Ask a question and you will get the" classic no speaka any englisha???!!"! The wait staff, bartenders and bell hops could not have been any nicer!! Highly recommend those people, the areas were very clean. The rooms on the other hand reaked of mold, had to change rooms twice, mold in first, standing water in the floors in the second. Don't even try complaining or finding someone to fix it, it will not happen! Not much choice when it comes to restaurants, but the food it average to good. Best is breakfast, lucnh and the dinner doesnt hit on much at all.Beds were hard as a rock! No room service, at times some places are not open at all!!! For an all inclusive that is unacceptable. I will most definatly have to take my wife on another honeymoon to make up for this one. Please look elsewhere for a vacation.

Room Tip: Do NOT ask for Presidential suite, there is none
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I went to Ixtapa for the first time with two of my sisters to meet my cousin Gail. Gail has lived in Mexico for over 40 years, sharing her time in Canada with family. All of us loved it. I've been to many places & spent time in the Mayan Riveria...Yucatan Peninsula. Ixtapa & especially the Park Royal far exceed, most, if not all of the others. The food was exceptional, the staff were genuinely happy & accomodating. Thumbs up for my friends at Park Royal...or should I say..."Pulgares para arriba para mis amigos en el parque real" We shall return!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Park Royal Ixtapa? Share your experiences!