“Our fave” 5 of 5 stars

Ixtapa shopping center, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 70 restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Dal Tuscano is our favorite Ixtapa restaurant. We spend two weeks in Ixtapa yearly and this is our " go to" place for exceptional Italian food .andreason reasonable pricesprices.
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Our fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Always stop here - great Italian cuisine fresh pasta, reasonable prices. Good Caesar salad too. Ask for Lallo - he's the best.

88% Recommend
MN
“Delicious lasagne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our family has eaten here a handful of times and the service has always been excellant. Most times we have a group of 10+ and we are always easily accomodated. Ate here again last week with just a party of 2 and had the same great service. The bread and oils are always tasty and the lasagne was terrific as usual. Not to mention the beer was very cold!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Very good, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Pizza may not be quite as good as Emilio's, but it's about half the price and one of the better ones around. I like the albondigas with pasta - fish balls with a good, not sweet marinara. I believe the owner is Italian. Wine is reasonably priced as well and they put whites in an ice bucket without being asked.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Family Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family has been eating at Dal Tuscano's in Ixtapa since my grandparents started visiting the resort town during the 70's. The owner is from Sicily and can be found smoking a cigar and playing domino's or poker with his friends at a table by the bar most nights. The food is some of the best Italian food I've ever had (and I've been to Italy!). The restaurant has always accommodated my large family and whatever friends we drag along. The appetizers are delicious. My personal favorite is the Prosciutto e Melone. My brother's love the Alfredo sauce, but I usually go for a red sauce. The seafood options are also wonderful, or so my parents tell me. The ambiance of the location is also really wonderful given that it's all outdoors. The bar is usually playing an international football game or in February, I recall my brother watching the Olympic games between courses. I've made great memories at Dal Tuscano's and I'm looking forward to many more in the future. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Next to Reubens Hamburgers in a little square.

Pasta is OK, but seriously the sauces where lacking zest. Have tried a couple of sphagetti dishes, linguine, penne, lasagna and varied fish a d seafood dishes over the years, although not bad, none of the dishes were better than just OK.

We usually just go here when our vacationing friends feel the need for something 'other than Mexican'

For really good tasty pasta try Laguna's, beside Senor Frogs. Great atmosphere, high end food at a descent price and great staff.

• Visited May 2013