We actually did the 5 Square deal with Apple vacations and with this deal we had no idea what hotel we were staying at until we checked in at the airport. We were guaranteed a 5+ hotel. When we got to the airport we checked in with the apple rep after getting our boarding passes and at first my husband seemed disappointed that it wasn't some other hotel.
This hotel had remarkable service, Antonio, our server while hanging out at the pool was always checking in with us. He was been with this hotel for 17 years. That has to say something right there!!!
Dinners were good to great. Breakfast buffet has to be the best meal of the day. Lunch was not really our favorite. There is an Italian restaurant that offers up great Italian food, and amazing service. Three people to a table, at least.
There was great shopping to be had, both downtown Zihuatanejo and nearby the hotel. Beware of the huts on every block trying to get you to sign up for everything from Para sailing to horse back riding.
Try to get down to the pool area early to get your spots, they fill up fast. Most every day we headed down at 5:00 am to place our towels, by the time 8 am came around the resort was filled.And don't leave your towels unattended for more than 2 hours. They will walk around the pool early and take names and room #'s. If you have not been in your spot they will give your spot to another guest. They warn you,politely, and then make the decision to take action if necessary.
I know that everyone thinks that they need to have an ocean view from there room. But, really how much time do you think you will be spending up in that room? the best view of the ocean is from the beach chairs outside. We passed on the upgrade. It didn't hurt our honeymoon one little bit.
Rooms were always well taken care of. The fridge was always full and our maid always came in, 2x a day, once to clean up and once to turn down our bed. We left her a box of Girl Scout cookies on our last morning their.
Tipping is always a good idea. Tip the guy who fills your fridge, the maid who cleans up after you and the servers that take care of you when you sit down to eat. Its amazing what a dollar will do for you verses nothing!
We walked across the street one night to check out the night life and it was pretty dead. and it felt like many of the shops and restaurants have closed down over the last few years. It was still worth the walk and site seeing.
I recommend this resort for Families and Couples, this is not a singles kind of resort. I was very happy not to see people puking next to me or tripping all over the pool.
They had activities everyday and did not over do them. None excluded anyone, and included everyone.
If you like to get up and workout, they have a decent gym.but you will need to get their early. I think we worked out at 6 AM every morning.
If you want amazing massages, head out to the beach and go to the left. Hut #1, those women had the best hands and elbows ever! We paid 15 USD to get 1 hour!!
When checking out, sadly I might add, we filled out a small survey and we were off. I recommend passing on the Apple Vacations Bus ride to the airport, you will get there faster in a cab.
This hotel was the busiest on the entire strip. We walked up and down the beach everyday to see what might be going on at other hotels and all of them looked empty.
we loved most all of it. and I know that we will be back again!
- Also Known As:
- Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa Hotel
- Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Hotel Dorado Pacifico
- Dorado Pacifico
- Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the beautiful beach town of Ixtapa on Mexico's popular Pacific coast, Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa is a mere 20 minutes from Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport. The resort offers families, couples and singles an Unlimited-Fun® escape. Each of the 285 guest rooms and suites, located in the 11-story tower, offers a private, furnished balcony with stunning ocean views.The Unlimited-Fun®, vibrant getaway begins with one shimmering pools with two waterslides and a swim-up bar, an Explorer’s Club with a playground, gourmet restaurants, relaxing bars serving premium brands and tons of daily activities. Ideally situated just 10 minutes away from the town of Zihuatanejo, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy fantastic golfing, shopping and nightlife for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.