“Sun-sational experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa

You added Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa to your Saves list
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de Ixtapa s/n Lote 3-A, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40884, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Air Credit+Kids Free
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Sun-sational experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The sun-sational staff was awesome! A special thanks to Rambo and Juan! Juan took the extra time to let me hold a baby sea turtle! Rambo and the volleyball staff was so much fun! Our room was so nice and clean. The beach was amazing! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Garden Grove, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the hotel. The staff was amazing! It was my husbands birthday and I was trying to plan a surprise "romantic dinner", Renee you are amazing!!!! Thank you for your patience with me and your help on pulling this AMAZING dinner. You are and were incredibly helpful. Elizabeth...(VIP assistant) all I can say is THANK YOU! Not only for explaining to my husband the program but also for your kindness and your willingness to help and assist us with any of our questions!

The staff overall were all amazing all the way down to the buss boys and waiters. I especially want to add the "sunscape entertainment team" they are all amazing, Jesus, Carlos. Blanca, " Guerra" as my husband called her had us laughing all the time. They are an amazing group always trying to pull you in the activities and having a great time while doing them. I especially enjoyed the Karaoke night...am including a small video I shot of a performance...again wonderful group!

The only thing I tend to agree with the other reviews is the A/C. I too had it down to 60 and it still was not cooling down the room, but we stayed in a suite and opened up the doors at night, it seemed to do the trick...the food in all the restaurants were excelent!!

Room Tip: Ask for the "full view" when booking a room. If you can afford the suite, I would recommen...
Ixtapa, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The staff couldnt have been nicer but the food was poor. a lot of families and children. Air conditioning could have been colder. The gift shop was never open because it was empty. The drinks aré strong here.

InlandEmpire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had a wonderful time. Went to celebrate my birthday. The staff made a big deal of it. They decorated the door to my room with balloons and a happy birthday banner. A small cake ( tres leches) with a birthday wish was sent to my room. They made a very special days, just by doing this. The staff is incredible . They are helpful and extremely professional. They were all very nice and resolve problems immediately. We had a little situation with dinner schedules, it ws nice to see that the head waiter had the authority to offer and fulfill an acceptible alternative. I would come back and recommend this hotel to my friends. The food is good at very restuarant. Special thanks to Tracy, Eric, and Jorge. I also want to thanks the entire staff for the excellent customer service . Made new friends as well. Thank you, Claudio and Bob for the chocolate covered apples you sent for my birthday. We must stay in touch. It was so great to meet you both.

Foothill Ranch, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from August 11th - August 18th. From start to finish this was the worst all-inclusive resort I've ever been to. The food for breakfast and lunch was horrible. The only meals that were edible were served at Da Mario's. The Sushi restaurant was never open. The rooms were always too hot no matter what you did. I spent over $1,000 extra eating out. I can't begin to explain how disappointed I was in the whole trip. Apple Vacations listed this as a 6 Golden Apple resort. There system is broken, it isn't even close!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Day 1 of our stay our room wasnt ready, had to downgrade to reg room, my husband was taking shower and all of sudden the water shut off, then few min later came back on, day 2 got the room we payed for and then the air condition wasnt working- so they upgraded us to presidential suite . The air in the pres suite wasnt that cool, was musty and the shower in there also water turned off on me, and one night of our stay the room flooded with the rain. was a complete disaster all my belongings got wet.
The food was not great at all. Was a big dissapointment. We spent all our time eating out of the hotel for lunch and dinner. I been to all inclusives before and never had a problem with the food, but it was a disaster here.
Staff wise- renee was great, he booked all the resturants we ate at outside the hotel, and bryan the bell man was very nice as well.
I feel was waste of $$ since we didnt use the all inclusive and i wouldnt go back to this resort sad to say. One of the nights there the house keeping didnt show up till after 5 pm, and i had to call them to come. Alot of kids screaming, running around, the hot tub looked disgusting to get into was like a dark gray green color the water. I wish id never booked our trip at this resort, but looking on apple and tripadivsor they give over 4+ ratings which is not that in person.
The only good thing was the beach was right infront of you.
I will def next time stay at capella or casa que canta , viceroy one of those nice classy resorts. Even if i have to pay more and isnt inclusive, thats fine. After the 4th day at sunscape i was counting the days to get home.

Room Tip: any room is fine just make sure air conditioning is working well.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Horrible 1st day experience, found 3 pieces of hair in the meat. 2nd day, found nylon in my salad, The pool water was blurry and dirty. The elevators had issues, got stuck in them twice, not to mention no ventilation what so ever. 98% of the staff do not speak English and had the nerve to ask me why I didn't speak Spanish. My son stepped on a nail next to the trampoline area, they didn't even have a full box of First Aide supplies. The ocean had black flag watning the entire time we were there, so no one was obviously allowed to swim. I reserved an 80 minute massage and only got 60 minutes done. I looked at the time when I was walking out the spa and told them, but I decided it wasn't worth going back for an additional 20 min.
The only good thing about the hotel was the Explorer's Club for kids.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Doradoixtapa, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback about your vacation experiences at the hotel sent to Tripadvisor.

I really appreciate your sincere comments and feedback about the resorts, we are working on all your comments and feedback those are very important for us, the main goal is the customer service, we are taking care of that.

On behalf of the Sunscape members and myself personally, we offer you and your family a sincere apology for the inconvenience suffered during your visit to the hotel.

Warmest regards,

Jesus Garcia

Been to Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa? Share your experiences!