This resort is in a great location but it is not a super luxury resort. We certainly did not loose any weight but the food was rather basic. I enjoyed the BBQ that we were invited to twice. The steaks were pretty tough but the lobster although small was yummy and the chicken was fine. The people invited to the BBQ were the people that spoke english.
Because Ixtapa is so close to Mexico city this resort seems to be a get away for 3 day holidays for familys from Mexico. There was a gianormous wedding on Saturday night that went on until after midnight. It felt like the DJ was in bed with us. The familys seem to take over the family pool and thats fine until you suddenly have them spill over into the adult pool. You see alot of security guys around but they dont seem to care that the 20 somethings drink until they puke by the pool as well.
On the upside during the week the resort was pretty quiet and we truly did relax which was what we were aiming to do. It took us a couple days to figure out a dollar tip now and again certainly improved service. You would get drinks without the tip but much speedier when you tipped a little.
As others have said it would be nice if the lobby bar opened a little earlier in the evening. Trying to find a bar for a sunset drink was a tad of a challenge and a little frustrating. We got a room on the 7th floor ocean front and it was very nice to go up and have a siesta in the heat of the day.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa Beach***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Barcelo, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.