The beach was large and very clean with many places to lounge. The pools were clean and room for everyone. The hotel staff were all excellent, friendly, and helpful. We asked for a room with 2 queens( because my wife has the "JIMMY LEGS") and the girl at the front desk switched us with no problems. The restaurant/food courts had a good choice of entries, with different menu's each day. We ate at Don Quixote twice, as you get to eat at the 2 specialty restaurants with a stay of 7 nights. We were going to try the steak house at night ( La Palapa Restaurant), but it was closed on Friday night. The nightly entertainment was good, with many beuatiful costumes, but it would have been a little nicer for us Gringo's if it wasn't all in Spanish. The little area around Ixtapa is safe, with many restaurants, gift stores, and bargain areas. We were out late at night, with no problems. We took a day to tour Zihuatanejo and it was very interesting and also safe(fresh fish sold each morning from the nights catch as the marina). The sailing/ snorkeling tour was fun, but if you have snorked in Cansun, forget it and take the sailboat out for the sunset cruise. We also took an ECO tour arranged by Apple Vacations and it was great with going out to the real country and seeing all sort of ways people work and live.-6 hours with lunch and a boat ride. The only thing the Hotel could do better is post when meals are being served in the entertainment pavillion and when the restaurants are closed. We will diffenately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa Beach***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Barcelo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort