“Horrible!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villas Paraiso

Save Saved
You added Hotel Villas Paraiso to your Saves list
Hotel Villas Paraiso
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Rincon Lote 1 | Manzana 3, Supermanzana III, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Ixtapa
“Horrible!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by telling you that those Google pictures are fake, don't be fooled. We bought a package deal, food and room for 5 people. The food is dry and lacking flavor, the kitchen staff is verry cheep and inattentive, with first come first serve. The rooms are so dirty that you can't even see yourself in the mirror. Usually in hotels by a beach there are tours,to the fun places, offered with a discount from your hotel, if u stay here good luck trying to find an affordable and safe tour. Overall my experience here was ridiculously horrible, this shouldn't even be a Villa (which means a fancy house in Spanish). The list goes on and on. Please, do yourself a favor and don't spend your precious vacation in this DUMP!

• Stayed April 2012

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Michigan City IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is the third year in a row that I have stayed at the Paraiso, and each year was better than the one before. With so many people returning year after year, it's like meeting up with old friends. The rooms are spacious, cleaned on a daily basis, with friendly staff and management. You are truly treated as a valued guest, and every effort is made to ensure your comfort. Food is very good, and only two blocks from the heart of downtown. Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

As far as I am concerned, I am happy to accept modest or outdated accomodations. I don't need the place to be fancy. I would be willing to put up with the filthy floor, the outdated and overpainted rooms. However I feel that two things are vital to a hotel room in a cliamte where teh typical daytime temperature is 90 degrees. Every hotel room nees a bed and it needs air conditioning. However I was told, after checking in, that the hotel has a policy of only turning on the air conditioning from 10:30 at night until 7 in the morning. You might think that it wouldnt be too hot by 9 in the morning, but it is still quite humid.

I did notice that Orbitz and Expedia did say that no refunds were allowed after seeing the room, which I thought was suspicious. Nonetheless I had assumed that it was just because too many foo-foo Americans just didnt think that it lived up to their five-star expectations. I really wasnt afraid. After all, I have stayed at $5.night hotels where the bed was just a piece of foam. I really thought that I could accept it whatever it was like. But I cannot accept no air conditioning!

The staff policy also seems to be to lie in whatever way possible to placate the client, and then do nothing. When I called upon arrival, I was told that they would turn on the AC "early" (9pm), and then hook up the individual unit in my room. (There was a brand new unit in the room, it just needed an extention cord). The next morngin we left to spend the day at the beach, and I told the front desk again that somebody needed to plug in the air conditioner. I was told by that lady as well that of course it would be done. Of course nobody did anything. Moreove when we returned at 6pm that night, we found the door to our room was wide open. Not just unlocked, but wide open. The maid had done the beds, so I know that we couldn't have possibly have been the ones to leave it open. There was my $500. PDA blinking its little light right in view from the hallway. Luckily nobody had stolen anything, but the door must have been like that for hours.

We reported to the front desk (the phone was did not work, so we had to go down in person). They pretended thast they would "make a report" and that someone would come fix the airconditoner. We already knew not to believe them.

Yes, the beds were rock hard, the pillows felt like they were made out of rags, not foam. The pool was murky and disgusting (we decided not to use it). The floor and bathroom was moldy and filthy. But if the air conditioning had worked, then that stuff probably would not have bothered me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I travel to many cities for business. Only rare hotels like this one are in my list for vacations. What actually sets this hotel apart is how it makes you feel. Most hotels have the same stuff and make you feel like another customer, or they fill you up with propaganda and useless stuff. Villas Paraiso is that hotel that has a personnality in Ixtapa. Its a place to relax and feel, smell and see nature out of your window. The rooms are great and the service is impecable. The workers don't look like robots, they laugh and enjoy working there. In other words, VIllas Paraiso is like a hotel with life, nature and freedom. The kids love to play hide and seek in the back garden or just play in the large pool. The food by the way is delicious. The hotel is close to everything and i cant stand those awful commercial, huge hotels that treat you like a insect. I know alot of hotels and this is one of my favourites. Dont hesitate to take a couple of nights there and you will see exactly what i mean.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Excellent little hotel in ixtapa, very friendly staff, rooms with kitchenette so you can cook, great option to save $$ in the long run as this is one of the lowest priced options in Ixtapa, but with all the amenities of an apartment.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
montreal, qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

The first time I went to Hotel Villas Paraiso, I was twelve and it was summer. We booked a Master suite for a whole month and really got to know the place, staff and restaurants In Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. The only thing I could tell my mother is that no Christmas gift could match staying there.

I've been returning every year or two, and I always stay at Villas Paraiso.

Now, Ixtapa is much more commercial and less clean than it was 8 years ago, but it's still a very nice place and Villas Paraiso's friendly staff and large rooms with kitchenettes make long stays comfortable.

And on days we didn't want to cook, the restaurant has a Swiss gourmet chef!

And contrarily to most hotels in the area, this one sometimes presents cultural events. When I was there, they had received St Petersburg's ballet. Amazing!

This is definitely one of Ixtapa's hidden jewels.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Ixtapa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed in the Villas Paraiso hotel the when I was not living in Ixtapa, the service is great and the food is amazing!!! I did a lot of birdwatching in the gardens of the hotels which have a lot of trees and flowers and a very big pool. The rooms are really big and clean. I now live in Ixtapa and I keep on coming to the hotel just to enjoy the delicious Mexican homemade style food they have. They have always welcome me warmly and by now we've even become friends with the staff!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villas Paraiso? Share your experiences!