“Excellent service and very helpful-friendly attitude” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inter-Continental Presidente Ixtapa

Save Saved
You added Inter-Continental Presidente Ixtapa to your Saves list
Inter-Continental Presidente Ixtapa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Ixtapa s/n, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Ixtapa
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent service and very helpful-friendly attitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel and I will never grow tired of this place. Although the building from the outside looks kind of old and outdated don't let yourself be fooled by its appearance, there is more than meets the eye. The service is always friendly and outstanding from everyone, it is hard not to leave a tip for the waiters, the bellman and of course the housekeeper, it will actually make you feel bad not to because of the quality of the service provided along with a smile. I have to point out that it is the first time that I notice that all the staff have something in common; every time you make a request wether it's a drink, a cab, a towel or whatever they reply with a sincere " My pleasure". Congratulations for making a true difference in service. I will definitely keep coming back and before I forget also I would like to congratulate the Food and Beverage Manager and the Chef for improving the food quality and variety I must point out that the desserts and home baked bread were delicious! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Ramsey, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you want a safe destination Ixtapa is the place to go. We took our 2 kids 8 and 12 with us and anywhere we walked we felt safe. The hotel and rooms are very clean. I would say the only reason why I rate this as average is the weekends... its crazy full of locals... I mean crazy full of LOCALS... Good luck getting to the swim up bar on weekends. Come Sunday afternoon - Thursday morning we pretty much had the pool and resort to ourselves. The weather was great... 90 and sunny everyday. Would I come back??? not anytime soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Inter-Continental Presidente Ixtapa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Shawn V,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. It is nice to hear you did feel safe.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Campbell River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Loved, loved, loved Ixtapa and Zi. I totally understand why everyone keeps going back to these two places!!! We spent two weeks at the Presidente and I would return to this hotel. The number one thing about this resort is the staff, everyone that works at this hotel is friendly and helpful. We thought the food was excellent, no complaints from us. We actually didn't eat at the buffet all that often, we dined at the French restaurant (once) and the Italian (twice). We went to the beach BarbQue (twice), and the Fiesta (twice), the Mol'e chicken was to die for.:) We dined across the street at Chili Beans, and at another ( dang can't remember the name ( La something) for a birthday dinner and both restaurants were awesome. Unfortunately we did not get to dine in Zi. just ran out of time. Breakfasts were great, fresh made omelets, you can't go wrong. Lunches were good, only ate at the hamburger stand one time, it was okay. Went to the buffet for lunch and that was good. We decided about the third day that we would have a late breakfast and then skip lunch, to avoid over eating. We could do this because you can get breakfast until noon, then at 1 o'clock they switched over to lunch. Never did get to eat at the snack bar after 12am as we were never up that late. We were there for sun and the beach, so up early for us everyday. Lots of palapas on the beach, never had to do the old towel game (unless there was a certain spot on the beach you wanted ( we like to be close to the beach volleyball) Bar service on the beach second to none, Carlos is your man!!! I didn't swim in the ocean in front of the hotel ( for me I don't like to dodge the waves, but most of the people in our group did swim every day in the ocean). Our room was nice, nothing fancy, but clean!! Maids did a great job, we never had a problem with anything going missing ( left a bag of stuff for the maid when we left, had to leave letter and date and sign it, they are very careful about what leaves the hotel). Pool was the warmest I have ever been in in Mexico (loved it). Needed some repair,but pretty hard to do when the hotel it at its busy time of the year. We did notice some areas that needed to be repaired around the hotel, and before we left we could see where work was starting to be done to get the place in tip top shape. Without a doubt the staff and management work very hard at this hotel, one day while we were one the beach just about the whole staff was down cleaning the sand and beach area ( gardeners, wait staff, cooks and yes even the Managers), very impressive. Everyone really seems to work hard in Ixtapa and Zi. to keep all the beaches clean :) They do not have a disco at the hotel, dancing and Karaoke in the lobby bar. Shopping across the street was fun and easy, and we felt very safe wandering around at night. Went across the street to find a bar to watch a couple of hockey games, was a nice change from sitting at the lobby bar. We did take the bus in front of the hotel into Zi (was very easy) and spent a couple of hours at the market ( cleanest, nicest smelling market, even in the meat and fish dept.) Wandered the streets a little and then took a cab to La Ropa Beach for the rest of the day. Walked to the end of the beach to find out where we wanted to plunk ourselves down, not that long of a walk, and stayed at a nice place for late lunch and a couple of buckets of beer ( awesome fajits) oh gosh, cant remember the name, will add it to the end of my post when I remember. We were going to stay in Zi and eat out that night, but it was Fiesta night at the hotel and really wanted to go back for that ( authentic Mexican food ). La Ropa beach was beautiful and the water was calm, so went swimming it was great. We did do the trip to Ixtapa Island and checked out 3 of the 4 beaches ( all walking distance from each other), we did not go to the nudist beach LOL, Some did snorkeling and thought it was awesome, also had a nice lunch. It was worth checking out, but I wouldn't go back again, would rather spend the day at La Ropa. Our guys went fishing, didn't catch any big ones, but they did have a good time. Unfortunately the boat was not up to standards and they would not book with Big Ben again. ( No problem with the crew). Oh wow this is long, and sooo much more I could say. We will go back to Ixtapa again!!! there is so much more for us to see and do, especially in Zi. We were there for the first two weeks of March, and it was very, very hot!!! It was hot in Ixtapa 24/7 the night were very warm and I would say if you don't like the heat, go earlier in the winter months, I love the heat so all was good, but the evenings were very warm, and the rooms were so humid you didn't know if you should turn off the air conditioner and open the door (maybe have a squirrel come in) or just put up with the heat. Never used a blanket, sheet only!!. So in closing, if you want to stay at a hotel that has the friendliest staff EVER, beautiful beach, great service, this is the place for you!!! You will get 5 star service here at a 3 and a half star price. If you are looking for the fancy 5 star room and ice sculptures at dinner, then you better go some where else. If you want to feel welcome, like this is your home away from home, this is the place to be!! P.S I can't even begin to thank all the staff by name for their wonderful service, everyone went out of their way to make our stay awesome. THANK YOU!! Oh must tell you, the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on!!!!!

Room Tip: Superior Pool view rooms are awesome, avoid rooms close to lobby bar, far to noisy there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Where to begin – (we are a 30 year old couple) we travelled with a group of 8 – ranging in age from 14-65 and our stays varied between 7, 8 and 10 days. If you have never been to Ixtapa and are unsure…. – YOU NEED TO GO!!

The Presidente is in the perfect location! You almost don’t even need to leave the resort. If you do like to venture out, right across the street is Senior frogs, as well as shopping and other little restaurants (Literally right across the street) and if you want a flea market –it is only a 3-5 minute walk off the resort.

The only time we took a cab was to go snorkeling in Zihuatanejo. 80 pesos and they drop you off right there. You walk down a boardwalk, pay 40 pesos per person for a round trip on the boat, they bring you right to the island (BRING WATER SHOES – IF NOT SNORKLING) and you can snorkel right there off the beach. They have umbrellas and tables set up and will come around and take your food or drink order. (*Note- make sure the price on the menu is in Pesos) Way cheaper then doing an ‘excursion’ and we were a group of mostly females traveling.

The pool was excellent! And appeared to be cleaned EVERYNIGHT!! It was not too cold, yet refreshing when you needed to cool off. The staff at the pool bar Victor and Humberto were great, as well as the staff taking your drink orders from your chairs. When it comes to chairs… the first ones to go are the shade chairs around the pool but there were plenty chairs to go around. Getting a spot on the beach under the palapas was not an issue at all! OMG how could I forget – The Presidente has the largest, softest pool towels I’ve ever come across at a resort. More than impressed! However… keep an eye on them as on a few occasions we had other guests try to take our towels. ($30.00 charge for each towel not returned)

The Beach in front of the resort is the best beach we have been to. The sand is soft in and out of the ocean, no rocks, no coral, and no need for water shoes! The best part – YOU CAN SEE FISH right there! The sand was great for beach volleyball! While we were there, the waves were breaking pretty close to shore – but if you swam out just past where they were breaking (yes you could still touch) it was the perfect location to float.

The rooms were very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable!! We upgraded to a pool view. As a note: There are no Coffee pots in the rooms and not all rooms have a bar fridge – no big deal. 2) If you do have a bar fridge, they charge you $15.00 to re-stock it every time (again no big deal) 3) They have shopping literally right across the street – where you can spend 4.00 on 4 large bottles of water. We chose to go across the street and shop. Worked out perfect! And to be honest… we had a bar fridge and barely used it.
- We did not stay in the ‘tower’ but rather the newer part of the hotel – room 3212.
- The honest truth about the room – it wasn’t fancy, it was clean and was just what we needed. We did have to call room service twice as our safe broke – they were there within 15 minutes and replaced the pad lock, and on the other occasion our toilet lever broke. Again we called and with in 5 minutes we had someone at our door to fix it. I was MORE then satisfied with how quickly they responded and quickly it was fixed. Stuff happens – no big deal
- Oh and for the ‘light’ sleepers – the music shuts down at midnight. People walking down the hall sound as though they are having a conversation right outside your door. The sound seemed to travel no matter where they were talking. We had no issues sleeping – neither did any of our fellow travelers. If you are a light sleeper….. Consider this the warning ☺

The food was average→ Good → really good. No complaints, however after 10 days… we were ready for a change. Our travelers who stayed for 7 and 8 days had no complaints.

It seemed that no matter where you went in the resort the staff were beyond helpful and nice. From Jorge the concierge, to the front desk staff, the bartenders, the waitresses in the sports bar → Mary Lou attempting to teach us how to salsa…. All the way to Abel the manager at the restaurant, who by the way, makes the best Spanish coffees as well as Crepes and Carmel bananas…. I assure you we still crave those crepes and bananas. It was an extra charge - but WELL WELL WORTH IT! It honestly felt as though everyone went out of their way, for you.

All in all this was by far the best resort we have been to.
Location – A+
Weather – A+
Cleanliness – A+
Staff – A+
Beach – A+
Food – B+

I have no complaints and only tips to provide new guests. We already cannot wait to go back – and 2 from our group that stayed 8 days this go around – will be looking to stay for 10 the next. It seemed everyone we spoke too had been to the resort numerous times. It was Tom’s 8th year there. The group from Minnesota had been there 12 years in a row – and now I UNDERSTAND WHY – It has everything I’ve been looking in for in an all-inclusive vacation, why go somewhere else ☺

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Faribault, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

it was a nice enough place, rooms were clean but they don't restock your frig with water or pop unless you call ask. We ordered room service one of the nights, very good!! Would have been nice to see a listing of different things the resort does, wasn't really able to find anything like that. Didn't know they have a huge big dinner on ones of the nights on the sand and we had already made plans. Plan your exercursions at the hotel, much cheaper then ahead of time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

If anyone is planning a dream vacation this is a awesome place to go. The staff, the food,The beach and weather are all great. In the 10 past years here we have not ever had a rainy day, we go there the last weekend of Feb every year. We are now working on our next trip for 2015.
The entertainment is also great. We had to spend one more day then exspected because of travel problems and the staff worked with us for a great price for the night. Ya I know right? Just had to spend one more day in Mexico. LOL
I just wish we could go there 2 times a year so we would not have to wait so long to see all our friends down there, Believe me you will make alot of friends as everyone is very very nice at the Presidente.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The staff are wonderful, Abel is my favorite waiter. The food is amazing, the hotel is clean and it seems to attract a good group of guest! The disco was really fun with no rowdies/drunks! I have no complaints. We are planning to go back next year. I have also stayed at many resorts over the years and this is the first time we plan to go back to the same resort! This is mostly due to the great staff. This is also a great resort for families.

Room Tip: I would choose the pool view room and not the tower as its too far away from the activities. The dis...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Inter-Continental Presidente Ixtapa? Share your experiences!