“The most incredible vacation at Club Med Ixtapa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Aspen, Colorado
“The most incredible vacation at Club Med Ixtapa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Where do I start? and how do I name these amazing people who call themselves GO s?
Can I tell you about Javier, an excellent tennis instructor who is also a great entertainer? he kept our group lessons soooo much fun we all wanted to keep on going! and he gave me personally excellent tips.
The whole Circus Team! Chucho, Alan, Ashley & Jackie made my day. The trapeze experience was a total thrill, I never thought I could do the things I ended up doing. SO much encouraging, and so much patience.
The baby club. Wow my 1 year old loved all the girls there, they kept her entertained and were so loving and caring. ONe name pops in my head. Grandma Dora. Superb.
The kids club, Ally bum bum and Ben made my 5 year old feel like a rock star at the shows. great entertainers. I specially remember them, but they all were great to my son.
Last but not least, Hermes, the resort nurse. He took care of my 1 year old and of the 5 with so much professionalism and yet so much love. Unforgettable.
Front desk: Daniel! great customer service. so into everything and a good friend. Lets not forget Camille. Super cool and professional too.
The Director, Flavia, were do I start? She has been involved in every detail of our stay. Being sure we had the best time ever. How can someone with so much responsibility make YOU feel like you are unique and the only family staying there? Magic. Thats what we think, when we remember that beautifully designed place, incredible beach, and great energy. I think Flavia and her husband do a great job by keeping all these people together, enjoying there jobs and making us all feel like friends. We will NEVER forget this vacation. Everything about it was GREAT. its before and after the Club Med Experience. Much love to all of you guys, we miss you!
CHEERS.
August Casal

Room Tip: If you have kids, Iguana is your room location
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I love Ixtapa! It was the most amazing, fun experiences of my life. Vacation will never be the same. Between kayaking, trapeze, volleyball, tennis, soccer, archery, dancing, basketball, and ping pong, you don't want to relax! I wish I had stayed longer so I had more time to do everything and spend more time with all the staff. The GO's are so incredible. I love the energy and enthusiasm from Josi and Logan. All of the little kids love Paul. The entire sailing team (Britt, Jorge, Alvaro) are so nice and easy to be around. Crazy signs was one of my favorite things. Braulio and Pepe are such good dancers! I liked the bar team, but towards the end of the week they seemed to ignore me. A couple times we asked for drinks but never got them and then had to ask someone else. Overall a beautiful, unforgettable trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Northridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

As I am flying through the clouds I feel compelled to write about our vacation at Club Med Ixtapa. As soon as we arrived in the village I knew I had picked the right club med for my family. Yes we are club med snobs and have been to 4 other ones. So deciding which one to vacation at is always hard since each one has it's own unique character and personality.
Where do I begin? Let's start out with the rooms. The family club room is a must if you have kids. Very roomy and parents you can have your privacy. The G.O. s always make or break your experience at club med and the G.Os at Ixtapa were amazing. Let me start with the tennis crew of Javier and Hugo. My kids are avid tennis players so tennis is one of the main reasons we started to go to club med. Javier would always go out of his way to find a match for my kids and let me tell you there are great players at these resorts. The sailing team headed by Britt are so knowledgable and welcoming. Love them. If you like to work out during your vacations, ixtapa is the place. Josi who runs the fitness programs is AMAZING. Give her a week and you will look like you did in high school. Also we had a little medical emergency for the first time on our vaca and the team of Hermes and Gerson not only took care of the issue they checked on my husband all week. Thanks guys!!! Food is amazing. Fresh fish and delicious authentic Mexican food. YUM. Last but not least the bar staff of Danny and Alfonso were to die for. They not only made our drinks but they made sure we, meaning my whole family were always catered to. I will say they were the best from all of the club meds we have been to. Thanks Danny and Alfonso!! The Chief of Village Flavia runs an amazing village. We will definitely go back and let everyone know how much fun we had. Thanks CLUB MED IXTAPA!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is one of the most wonderful places in the entire world. The staff are incredible, the activities are amazing, the environment is gorgeous. It is one of the most fun places in the world. There is a trapeze, tie dye day, parties, themed nights, teen programs, warm pools, kayaking, sports activities, sailing, bilingual staff, nightly shows. I would highly recommend this incredible resort. I am going back very soon!

Room Tip: The iguana suites are amazing
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

You can read through the other positive reviews to get an idea of what Club Med resorts are like. Club Med is the only all-inclusive resort that I have visited, so I cannot compare it to similar resorts. What I can tell you is that the customer service at Club Med surpasses anything that I have ever experienced. I wanted to mention a few of the wonderful people that made our trip special: Camille at the front desk, who handled a variety of issues with speed and humor; Claret at the archery range; Javier at tennis; Pepe in the dining room; Fernando serving drinks at the beach; and a special mention for Chloe.

Chloe runs the teen program, although our teens chose to hang out with their cousins. Because you can approach anybody at Club Med with any issue, my wife asked Chloe about where in town that we could buy a particular item that we forgot to bring from home. She said " I have that in my room, I'll be right back!" And before we could stop her, Chloe got up from her dinner, ran back to her room, and came back in 15 minutes with the stuff that my wife was looking for. A simple question from my wife about the nearest market was all it took. Extraordinary. Merci, Chloe!

Club Med Ixtapa may not be for everybody. Maybe you don't like really warm weather, or you are not a beach person. But if you do go, you will feel taken care of, and if you get even slightly involved in the activities, you will find yourself having a hard time saying goodbye to some of your favorite Club Med people.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

i just came back from my stay in Club Med Ixtapa. I went there with my two kids, 4 and 5 years old, and it was such a blast. I really need a time to rest and travel alone with two kids I could not find better. Since our arrival at the airport with the staff from Club Med welcoming us we felt already that you've been taking care and no need to worry about anything more.
At the resort we were welcome by Joyce who is also a wonderful work out instructor and thanks to her classes of aqua gym and abs I was able to keep in shape despite the wonderful food { thank you very much Chef Antonio for all this wonderful food and presentation). I also had great dance classes with Claudia. By best dance instructor ever.
My two kids were in Mini Club Med and they loved it. All the staff from Mini Club Med were so professional and available to help that my kids still asking to come back. Fern and David were the responsible for my kids group and they did a wonderful job that the kids were so attach to them. Really great instructor. Paul and Alberto from the Mini club, the kids adore them.The shows in Mini club were wonderful, we had surprises every night. Wonderful job by Elie in the shows. All the Mini Club Med was under supervision of Karlyn who did a wonderful job.The adults show at night was wonderful Jaque and Alan were our favorites in the Circus Show. The site itself is beautiful. All the personal were there to help you at the reception Ingrid, at the boutique Neli and Andrea. And last but not least this amazing stay could not be possible without the professionalism and hard work( always there to make sure that everything is going well with you) of the chef of village Flavia. Thank you very much for all the staff and GO of Club Med Ixtapa that make my stay one of my best vacation ever.

Cairo Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We are 3 generation family ranging from 8 to 75 and each of us had an amazing time in this beautiful and well run resort. I guess we expected a big party and a nice beach but we got non-stop fun as well as quiet places to wander off to, endless options for all ages with non-stop food and drinks, too. The four kids (8-12 years old) each had activities ranging from archery to the professional level trapeze and circus aparatus and professional staff. All ages seemed happy all the time!The Kids Clubs were designed with kids in mind.

Our rooms were gorgeous, large and spacious and beautifully decorated with plenty of room. And the food...oh my, does it get better? We have two celiac kids who must be gluten free and the chefs were very accommodating, even making special GF pancakes and deserts. We couldn't have asked for more.

The grounds were beautiful, full of flowers and trees and birds and iguanas (with the occasional wandering raccoon); the pools were perfectly maintained and the beach spotless, with all the lounges and umbrellas, mats and towels one could ever want.

I want to commend Chris and Camille in Reception for their special help at all sorts of odd moments; Melody in the kids camp, Javier the tennis coach, Pepe in the dining room and all the circus people (whose names I regret to say i have forgotten) who used their remarkable talents to get our kids onto the flying trapezes and taught them to do amazing things with great skill and patience. Bravo to you all.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies were more expensive than we wanted to pay since we had three rooms but once...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!