“Wonderful stay at Ixtapa, Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

Save Saved
You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Ixtapa
Mamaroneck, New York
“Wonderful stay at Ixtapa, Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

i just came back from my stay in Club Med Ixtapa. I went there with my two kids, 4 and 5 years old, and it was such a blast. I really need a time to rest and travel alone with two kids I could not find better. Since our arrival at the airport with the staff from Club Med welcoming us we felt already that you've been taking care and no need to worry about anything more.
At the resort we were welcome by Joyce who is also a wonderful work out instructor and thanks to her classes of aqua gym and abs I was able to keep in shape despite the wonderful food { thank you very much Chef Antonio for all this wonderful food and presentation). I also had great dance classes with Claudia. By best dance instructor ever.
My two kids were in Mini Club Med and they loved it. All the staff from Mini Club Med were so professional and available to help that my kids still asking to come back. Fern and David were the responsible for my kids group and they did a wonderful job that the kids were so attach to them. Really great instructor. Paul and Alberto from the Mini club, the kids adore them.The shows in Mini club were wonderful, we had surprises every night. Wonderful job by Elie in the shows. All the Mini Club Med was under supervision of Karlyn who did a wonderful job.The adults show at night was wonderful Jaque and Alan were our favorites in the Circus Show. The site itself is beautiful. All the personal were there to help you at the reception Ingrid, at the boutique Neli and Andrea. And last but not least this amazing stay could not be possible without the professionalism and hard work( always there to make sure that everything is going well with you) of the chef of village Flavia. Thank you very much for all the staff and GO of Club Med Ixtapa that make my stay one of my best vacation ever.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Cairo Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We are 3 generation family ranging from 8 to 75 and each of us had an amazing time in this beautiful and well run resort. I guess we expected a big party and a nice beach but we got non-stop fun as well as quiet places to wander off to, endless options for all ages with non-stop food and drinks, too. The four kids (8-12 years old) each had activities ranging from archery to the professional level trapeze and circus aparatus and professional staff. All ages seemed happy all the time!The Kids Clubs were designed with kids in mind.

Our rooms were gorgeous, large and spacious and beautifully decorated with plenty of room. And the food...oh my, does it get better? We have two celiac kids who must be gluten free and the chefs were very accommodating, even making special GF pancakes and deserts. We couldn't have asked for more.

The grounds were beautiful, full of flowers and trees and birds and iguanas (with the occasional wandering raccoon); the pools were perfectly maintained and the beach spotless, with all the lounges and umbrellas, mats and towels one could ever want.

I want to commend Chris and Camille in Reception for their special help at all sorts of odd moments; Melody in the kids camp, Javier the tennis coach, Pepe in the dining room and all the circus people (whose names I regret to say i have forgotten) who used their remarkable talents to get our kids onto the flying trapezes and taught them to do amazing things with great skill and patience. Bravo to you all.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies were more expensive than we wanted to pay since we had three rooms but once...
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

As a single father with 2 teenage children, I struggle to plan vacations that are fun for both me and the kids. We've tried a cruise and rented a condo near the beach, which were OK, but our vacation to this resort was far and away the best time we've all had on vacation in years. The staff were amazing, especially the GO in charge of the teen program who was wonderful at bringing together a diverse group of teenagers and making sure their days were full of fun - everything from the trapeze to choreographing a skit for the kids' show one evening. As such, after the 1st day I was pretty much left on my own. Luckily there was another single dad there as well as several welcoming parents whose teens had also left them for their peers. I relaxed in the hammocks on the wonderful beach, played tennis, and even did the trapeze. It was the most fun I've had on vacation in years and none of us wanted to leave at the end of the week. The first thing my kids asked was "when are we going back?".

Room Tip: Deluxe family rooms in the Iguana section were greet, somewhat isolated with a good view of the ocea...
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family was hesitant to try a new all inclusive resort because the one we went to a few years ago was so fantastic (so we thought)! Well, by the end of the second day we were there, we realized the resort before this was not even in the running! There were so many different things to try and no matter what we did, the GO's made everything all the better! My husband and I were traveling with a 7 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. They tried everything from tennis to archery to aqua aerobics... they weren't bored for one minute! Three GO's really stood out: Danny and Ellie (boom boom) whom used their free time to play soccer with my son truly made his vacation. Although he needed to be 10 to play in the nightly games, they made an exception for him which made him feel like the king of the jungle! Chloe, the teen GO was able to get our painfully shy daughter to try everything from volleyball to trapeze to a beach side party. By the end of the week, our daughter desperately wanted to stay another week!

There isn't enough time or space to tell all the wonderful things we loved about this place but let me just say, I have already been on the website trying to book another 10 days for next year!

Room Tip: Everyone should bring a tote bag so that they don't need to go back to the room to get different...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This past week my family and i went to club med ixtapa. My sister (16) and i (18) spent the entire trip with the teen club. words cannot do justice to how amazing their Teen GO is. Chloé Archambault was truly amazing. From breakfast till 11 pm she was fun, happy, enthusiastic, funny, inquisitive and kind. She always had several games up her sleeve to keep us on our toes and entertained if things slowed down. She was up for everything, swimming in the pool, floating in the ocean, playing pool games, archery, sailing, trapeze, kayaking, no matter what it was she was ready to go and up for the fun! She was never late to any meeting place, kept us informed with activity times and dress code for the evening. She found a way to make sure that everybody got to do the things they liked without boring the others. She is one of the best people i have ever met. She was everything a parent could want their children to aspire to be like and look to for guidance and advice. leaving her was very difficult even after only knowing her 7days. i couldn't have asked for a more amazing vacation with a better GO. love and miss you chloe !!!! thank you for the best vacation of my life .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Club Med Ixtapa was so much fun for our family last March. Hashi, Claret and Ruby were especially good with our children. Morgan ran an amazing children's program. The kids are begging to go back! While the children played my husband and I were able to relax for hours. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our family (2 children, 2 parents and 2 grandparents) went for a week of fun in the sun! Everyone had plenty to do, eat and enjoy. The food was delicious and the buffet style worked well for our family (2 vegetarians and 2 very picky children). Our 7 year old loved the trampoline classes and our 5 year old loved the calm, warm waters. Grandparents loved the beach and watching the children play in the sand and water. Parents loved the friendly bartenders and being on vacation. We hope to go to other Club Med Resorts in the future. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!