“Loved every minute of it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Palm Desert, California
“Loved every minute of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family was hesitant to try a new all inclusive resort because the one we went to a few years ago was so fantastic (so we thought)! Well, by the end of the second day we were there, we realized the resort before this was not even in the running! There were so many different things to try and no matter what we did, the GO's made everything all the better! My husband and I were traveling with a 7 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. They tried everything from tennis to archery to aqua aerobics... they weren't bored for one minute! Three GO's really stood out: Danny and Ellie (boom boom) whom used their free time to play soccer with my son truly made his vacation. Although he needed to be 10 to play in the nightly games, they made an exception for him which made him feel like the king of the jungle! Chloe, the teen GO was able to get our painfully shy daughter to try everything from volleyball to trapeze to a beach side party. By the end of the week, our daughter desperately wanted to stay another week!

There isn't enough time or space to tell all the wonderful things we loved about this place but let me just say, I have already been on the website trying to book another 10 days for next year!

Room Tip: Everyone should bring a tote bag so that they don't need to go back to the room to get different...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This past week my family and i went to club med ixtapa. My sister (16) and i (18) spent the entire trip with the teen club. words cannot do justice to how amazing their Teen GO is. Chloé Archambault was truly amazing. From breakfast till 11 pm she was fun, happy, enthusiastic, funny, inquisitive and kind. She always had several games up her sleeve to keep us on our toes and entertained if things slowed down. She was up for everything, swimming in the pool, floating in the ocean, playing pool games, archery, sailing, trapeze, kayaking, no matter what it was she was ready to go and up for the fun! She was never late to any meeting place, kept us informed with activity times and dress code for the evening. She found a way to make sure that everybody got to do the things they liked without boring the others. She is one of the best people i have ever met. She was everything a parent could want their children to aspire to be like and look to for guidance and advice. leaving her was very difficult even after only knowing her 7days. i couldn't have asked for a more amazing vacation with a better GO. love and miss you chloe !!!! thank you for the best vacation of my life .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Club Med Ixtapa was so much fun for our family last March. Hashi, Claret and Ruby were especially good with our children. Morgan ran an amazing children's program. The kids are begging to go back! While the children played my husband and I were able to relax for hours. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our family (2 children, 2 parents and 2 grandparents) went for a week of fun in the sun! Everyone had plenty to do, eat and enjoy. The food was delicious and the buffet style worked well for our family (2 vegetarians and 2 very picky children). Our 7 year old loved the trampoline classes and our 5 year old loved the calm, warm waters. Grandparents loved the beach and watching the children play in the sand and water. Parents loved the friendly bartenders and being on vacation. We hope to go to other Club Med Resorts in the future. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our first visit to club med Ixtapa with my two sons (aged 11 and 9). We had a great time. My oldest son said: "This was our best vacation, ever. Not only with you dad, but among all our vacations"

We loved the organized sporting activities, including soccer, archery, tennis, kayaking, sailing, beach-volleyball. The GO team is amazing. Everyone is friendly and genuinely interested in making your vacation the best possible. Claret at archery and Javier at tennis are the best. But all the sports GOs (Yoan, Logan, Josie, Christian, Alvaro, Jorge, Brit) were amazing. Cynthia, Alphonso, and Daniel at the bar and all the restaurant GO and GEs made sure our drinks and meals were pefect. The junior-club GOs (Ben, Ellie Boom Boom, Melody, Chloe) engaged the boys in all kinds of fun games on dry land, the pool or the ocean. Now I am seriously worried that I may be forgetting someone! Because all the GOs, starting with Flavia and Mourad, were wonderful. Even on the 3 rainy days, they made sure we had fun in the bar and theater.

Practical tips:
- adults and children of all ages can choose between joining in organized activities, practicing sports on their own or lounging by the pool or the ocean.
- If you travel with kids in the 8-10 yo range, you can opt to allow them to check-in and out of the mini club on their own. (As is the case for 11-18 year olds). I strongly recommend doing this. Gives them the freedom to come in and out of activities as they like. And there is never a safety concern.
- The ocean water is not clear (no turquoize waters here) but it is refreshing after any activity. The sun is strong and you need to apply sunscreen often.
- The main restaurant has gorgeous views and many outdoor tables. We were there at low-season for the resort and there were always outdoor tables available.
- The miramar bar is great for coffee and drinks by the beach. It is open for meals when the main resturant is closed.
- Make sure to make reservations at Luna Azul and the Miramar when they are open for dinner. the service is slow, but the food is great and both are fantastic locations

Room Tip: Family club rooms in the Iguana building are closer to the activities (tennis, archery, sailing, soc...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The resort was great (food, beach, people, etc.). Others have said plenty about that. I just wanted to share some thoughts for those who might want to run or jog in the area. Right outside the resort, you will find a trail called the Ciclopista (cycling trail?). It's great for running. It is about a 10k (6.2 miles). If you make a right out of the resort, it will be about a 5 mile run down to the resort town of Ixtapa. Town is worth checking out, but it's not really a high end area (although there appear to be a couple of nice hotels and restaurants on the water, but I can't vouch for them). The 5-mile run is very hilly, but mostly downhill going to Ixtapa. I usually ran early morning (before it got too hot - I was there in March), and it always seemed very safe. I read some comments that the town area might not be that safe at night, so exercise caution.

If you go left out of the resort, you'll have a bit of a downhill, but then a flat area that goes past some very desolate beach and forest stretches for 1.5 miles. You end up at a trailer park. You also pass an area with a bunch of crocodiles. Although they are contained behind a couple of fences, they are sort of in the wild. Very cool to check out when you have time (about 1/2 mile from the entrance to club med). Saw about 20-30 of them herding together right near me. Anyway, all told you can get in 10-15 miles of running if you like (or if you were training for a marathon).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at ClubMed in Ixtapa with our 3 kids (12, 10, 6) and grand parents! We had the most amazing time and would like to thank each member of the staff who loved on us and our kids so wonderfully. If you NEED A VACATION and want to be pampered and laugh and relax and just HAVE FUN, this is the place for you!!!!This was our 2nd visit to Ixtapa and it was a perfect as the first one!! Flavia, Chief of the Village, together with Mourad, were ever present with smiles on their faces and answers to any questions and needs. ChuCho and the circus team.... Who else in the world could get my husband flying on a trapeze in a green leotard? Thank you for allowing us to be silly kids at our age, we had a blast. Ashley, your tips from the platform kept me going, Alan thanks for always catching, Jacquie, thanks for working hard! The MiniClub team to many smiling faces to name individually... Chloe, my boys are fighting over who will marry you! You are such an amazing person, together with Vanessa and Paul with the Iguanas. Melody, who handled the teens with charm and laughter, my older boys have taught me President, we play every day!!The food was wonderful EVERY SINGLE MEAL! Josie, thanks for trying to keep me fit with Zumba, Cross Fit and stretching. Your English is marvelous!
I could name tons of other G.O.'s but now I am back home and have to take care of my family of five...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

Room Tip: Iguana building is ideal for families!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!