This was our first trip to a Club Med (my wife, myself, and our 13 month old daughter). We did lots of reading and planning before we went so we knew the G.O.'s (staff) had a reputation for outstanding customer service, yet we were still overwhelmed by how amazingly kind and thoughtful everybody -- literally everybody -- was. A few examples:
- Although our daughter only learned to walk a few weeks ago, Jorge (from the bar) danced with her on several evenings.
- We were joined at dinner one night by Gretel (Human Resources). My wife commented on how well our daughter was eating that night and suggested, jokingly, that Gretel should eat with us every night. That's exactly what she did for the rest of our trip.
- My wife lost an inexpensive toe ring in the pool. Long after we had given up looking for it, the lifeguard, Miguel, found it.
- Although we didn't end up enrolling our daughter in the baby club, the baby club manager, Osher, befriended us and spent time with us nearly every day. She encouraged us to participate in a couples activity one night and personally cared for our daughter during that time.
I could describe experiences like this with almost every G.O. we met. They are truly a wonderful group of people!
The only disappointing aspect of our trip was that my daughter and I both got upset stomachs at different time (my wife was fine throughout.) Of course I'll never know for sure what the cause was (food, water, swimming in the ocean, etc.) but it's the only reason I would think twice about booking a repeat trip next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico during your stay at Ixtapa Pacific. A heavenly Mexican hacienda-style all-inclusive family resort nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Travel to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in spectacular beachfront sceneries. A hassle-free stay for you, an adventure for your kids: practice your favorite sports, indulge at the Spa* or relax on a lounge chair on the breathtaking beach while your children are entertained at Club Med's world-famous Children's Clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Already one of the best family resort for those traveling with babies, this environmentally-friendly hideaway also offers activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Ixtapa Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel Ixtapa
- Club Med Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo Club Med
- Ixtapa Club Med