Our family of five just returned home from Ixtapa and wanted to share how impressed we were with the Club Med Ixtapa property and staff. We have an 8, 6, and 1 year old and were traveling with our cousins (4 and 6) and parents. I hadn't been to Club Med in a long time and was a bit skeptical. All 3 generations had a blast!
It's not the Four Seasons but overall I was more than pleased with the quality. The resort was only half full and I think it would have been different for me at capacity...
We stayed in the Sol building and walked directly out to our "private beach". A portion is roped off and guarded for Club Med guests but the rest of the beach was public. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed. Free computer with wireless, private concierge with all day drinks and snacks for our building, which we utilized everyday.
We pre-ordered the Baby package and the pack n play had a comfy mattress, sheets, blanket and pillow for our baby, as well as a changing pad and bottle warmer in the room. They also gave us a stroller with our son's name on it. Super cute and we needed the stroller as the property is HUGE!! We got a workout pushing him up the hills too.
The baby went to Baby Club where Osher and her staff were the best. The baby had a tough time separating and they made me feel at ease and handled him beautifully. Because it wasn't busy, he was able to have individualized attention and really be on his own nap and meal schedule, though I imagine when at capacity it is more structured.
Our older kids both did the mini club but were in and out through the day depending on the activities they wanted to do. Trapeze, rock climbing, Sailing and Archery were the favorites! All the evening activities were fantastic too. The magician was a big hit, as was the kids show. Might want to bring a few "white" items for the tie-dye party so you don't have to buy from the gift shop.
The food was surprisingly good and we loved the "make your own" stations, such as salad bar, pasta bar and omelette stations where chefs prepared the dishes to our specifications rather than being on the buffet. The bread was another huge highlight--we bought two loaves to take home. Desserts were disappointing but that was probably for the best!
The only negatives were truly out of the hotel's control--the humidity was insane. the second you walked out of the room, you dripped with sweat. I wore a braid the whole time and never blow dried my hair. Also, there were tons of bees and mosquitos--they give you bug spray in the room but between the heat and the bugs, we couldn't eat our meals on the outdoor patio of the dining hall. Next time, I'd go over the winter when the humidity is supposed to be lower--though not sure about the bugs!
We did utilize the spa which was just OK. Ana did our massages and was good but they don't do any "real" facials with extractions, just fluff stuff and I was in and out for my treatment--it wasn't the type of spa that you wanted to hang out and spend the day.
Lastly, a shout out to the great Ixtapa staff who, after a week at the property, I was truly sad to say goodbye to. Mehdi and Amira run a great resort and some of their stellar GO's included Liz, Wanny, Felipe, Dora, Hannah, Patrick and Christian!! Thanks all for making our vacation so special!
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel Ixtapa
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel
- Club Med Ixtapa
- Club Med Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo Club Med
- Ixtapa Club Med
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico during your stay at Ixtapa Pacific. A heavenly Mexican hacienda-style all-inclusive family resort nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Travel to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in spectacular beachfront sceneries. A hassle-free stay for you, an adventure for your kids: practice your favorite sports, indulge at the Spa* or relax on a lounge chair on the breathtaking beach while your children are entertained at Club Med's world-famous Children's Clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Already one of the best family resort for those traveling with babies, this environmentally-friendly hideaway also offers activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Club Med Ixtapa Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.