This was our first time vacationing with ClubMed. When we used TripAdvisor we got the feeling that this club was very fun and family oriented. This was very true to our experience, we had an absolutely amazing time and although it was just the two of us, we enjoyed the "family fun atmosphere".
Here is a brief list of all the things we loved about our trip to ClubMed Ixtapa:
-GO team is unbelievably friendly and accommodating.
(Shout outs to Diego from sailing, Jorge, Basti & Ricardo at the bar, Patrick & Maureen from the trapeze, and Alexis the beach boy! As well as so many others we're forgetting)
- The food was surprisingly good. We always get nervous when we see buffets, but it was all so good.
- The variety of activities and the constant availability of those activities.
- The nightly shows they put on after dinner, the circus show was especially impressive.
- Additional activities available at the island near the resort.
- Our room; which was the most basic option, was very nice, a good size, had a nice bathroom & shower. And I don't think there is a bad view in the whole place.
- The greetings and farewells when arriving in Ixtapa and leaving for the airport were also very appreciated. We genuinely felt sad (beyond post vacation depression, haha) that we were leaving this beautiful place with such wonderful people.
*Do note that this is a family atmosphere so although we had plenty of private time and we truly enjoyed ourselves, we would like to warn those that since this is a family resort there are usually children in the common areas and most themes are family friendly.
Thanks again for the wonderful time! We're already planning our next one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico during your stay at Ixtapa Pacific. A heavenly Mexican hacienda-style all-inclusive family resort nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Travel to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in spectacular beachfront sceneries. A hassle-free stay for you, an adventure for your kids: practice your favorite sports, indulge at the Spa* or relax on a lounge chair on the breathtaking beach while your children are entertained at Club Med's world-famous Children's Clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Already one of the best family resort for those traveling with babies, this environmentally-friendly hideaway also offers activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Club Med Ixtapa Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel Ixtapa
- Club Med Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo Club Med
- Ixtapa Club Med