“Best vacation ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Toronto, Canada
“Best vacation ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our first visit to Ixtapa Club Med and there are no words to explain what great time we had! Rooms were clean and tidy, food amazing, beach, pools, people very friendly and always ready to help. A few people I’d like to mention, as they particularly made our stay magnificent… Kids Club Iguanas team: Kari, Christine, Wanni, Vania and Jaime – they made our girls’s stay unforgettable – they are great teachers, smart, motivating, caring,… Stefani – fitness instructor – the best instructor I’ve ever met – she’s lovely, warmhearted, with unlimited energy and so engaging. Our tennis coach Javier – lovely, intelligent, knowledgeable, great teacher… And I could go on and on, as we came back home with great memories and already planning our next vacation at Ixtapa Club Med!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Aleksandra D,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your trip to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. As hospitality is key at Club Med, we love nothing more than hearing our guests had a great stay. We’re pleased that your family enjoyed so many different facets of your vacation, from the GOs to the Kids Club and the rooms to fitness. Please know that we have passed along your kind words to the folks you mentioned, and it made their day. Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed from 3/21 to 3/28. I really wasn't expecting too much since I've stayed in a few all inclusive resorts before and have always been disappointed but WOW, we really had a nice time. When we arrived they greeted us with cold towels and a fresh lemonade - that kind of set the tone! It did take me a few days to get into the whole Club Med vibe - but once I did, I realized it was "me" all the way around! My kids, 4 and 8, were a little scared of the mini club at first but quickly got over it. They only stayed in all day a couple of times and then they chose what they wanted to do. Since the mini club has the same schedule everyday, we could easily find their group when they wanted to participate. Every night they had a fun family activity at 4:30 - pinata party, treasure hunt, etc. so we would always meet them for that. The staff at the mini club are, well, SAINTS. How they can keep such a positive attitude all the time is beyond me!
My 8 year old was a little uncomfortable the first few days and Genesis was fantastic at making her feel welcomed and loved. She's a gem. I don't remember everyone's name but Felipe was fantastic with my 4 year old's group. I was a little nervous about the whole mini club thing but my concerns quickly faded once I met the staff and saw how well it was run.

My husband and I felt very comfortable allowing our kids to roam around, the 8 year old more than the 4 year old. It was such a comforting and safe place for families and because there were so many, you didn't feel like you always had to worry about them "being kids" and could just let them "be" for the most part which is the BEST thing about this resort. There is nothing relaxing about going to a resort where you have to keep getting on your kids about playing because it might bother others. Everyone was very relaxed about having so many kids around, especially the staff.

I had very low expectations about the food, but was pleasantly surprised. My husband will try and eat anything, I'm more picky. They have something for everyone and every night was a different theme. Breakfast was pretty much the same every morning and they mixed it up a bit for lunch but dinner really was my favorite. I was shocked about the variety of food they had - so many choices. The chocolate bread is fantastic as well as the home made corn tortillas and guacamole. Yumm...
Staff in the restaurant are very attentive and seemed happy to help with anything.

I'm not a big drinker but did have a few cocktails - all great - and the pool staff was always coming around asking if you needed something.

Our room was a Family Club Room - pretty much perfect for a family of four since it had a room with a king bed and a room with two twins with a connecting bathroom. It was slightly outdated, TV was limited (which was fine since we weren't there to watch TV!) and the shower leaked really bad but we were never in our room so it wasn't that big of a deal. It took me a while to get used to sand everywhere on the floor, but the housekeepers do a good job sweeping it up every night.

Went to Ixtapa Island one day for snorkeling and that was a fun thing to do with the kids.

Set-up transportation to and from the resort from the airport through Club Med - best thing to do in my opinion. The Ixtapa Airport was surprisingly nice compared to other Mexican Airports we've been too.

Loved the sailing (we went everyday - Selene was very helpful), the kayaking, the volleyball, the pool, the beach (super clean and perfect for the kids), the mini club shows at night, the beach party with the limbo contest, just had a fantastic time!

Really happy we chose this hotel for Spring Break and hope to come back again. Thanks to everyone at Club Med Ixtapa for making our vacation unforgettable!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4202 in the Iguana building. Very good location to everything if you have childre...
Dear beckybeewee,
Thank you very much for your review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We were beyond pleased to read that you and your family had such a wonderful first experience with us! We’re glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, from the beach and pools to the Kids Club and dining. Thank you again for taking the time to inform us of your experience, and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.
Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The reception staff were completely overwhelmed each time we were there. Firstly we had to wait ten minutes outside the security gate until reception were "ready" to welcome us whilst we were in the taxi with two small kids. This was at 11:30am so it shouldn't have been an unusual hour for guests to arrive. When I rang reception prior to the trip to ask for two cots firstly they didn't pick up the phone then when they finally answered they said that the system was down but they would note it, however when we arrived there was only one cot.

The receptionist didn't give us an overview of the services on offer which we were keen to kow given iit was our first time at club med. as someone else mentioned - very casual service.

Then to book a dinner at the special restaurant they make you line up at reception at 12pm. Very bad customer experience. When we were there they had decided to close the restaurant for two nights and no other option available. The only night the restaurant was available I lined up from 11:50am with the other punters only to find out that at 12 when they accepted bookings, a group had booked out the entire restaurant so the only time available was 9:30pm. This was a surprise to the reception staff as well.

Then to check out once again the lonely receptionist cmpletely overwhelmed with a long lne

Te final issue I found a little strange was that the club med staff would eat at the same buffet restaurant as the guests. It seems a little unprofessional

Its a shame about these points as we really liked the hotel, the activities, the beach and the effort the hotel went to, to put on an outdoor dinner.

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We go to Club Med almost exclusively. We love the casual atmosphere and emphasis on outdoor activities. We visit this club the most because the weather is 100% predictable during our travel times - either Christmas or spring break. It is warmer than the Carribbean during these times, and it never rains.

This particular visit had sub-par service, even by Club Med's casual standards. The club was mostly full, but we've seen it more crowded. However, the GO and support staff seemed a bit overwhelmed at times. There were a lot of mistakes made across the board.

However, you can't deny that the beach is wonderful. The waves are enough for boogie boards and the beach is soft - not a pile of crushed shells. The staff cleans up any debris washed up before anyone gets out, so it's really nice. The water is silty, not clear like the Carribbean, but the waves make up for it.

The club is a nice size - not as big as Punta Cana, not as small as Turks. So there's stuff to do, people to meet, and a general high energy level. Be prepared for a TON of kids, especially during holidays. The aisles are full of strollers, the kids are crying etc. But if you have kids, its the best kind of fun, especially for kids who only speak English.

We'll probably visit a different club next time, especially since our daughter is now over 21 and can enjoy the adult-only clubs. But she wanted Ixtapa this one to guarantee her spring break would be warm and sunny.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk, see if you can get a room closer to the main building. If hills are a problem...
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our first vacation at a Club Med and also our first at an all-inclusive resort. We stayed March 16-23, 2013. The best thing about it was that it was so relaxing. No shopping, food prep, cleanup, laundry, or having to buy anything. I put my wallet in the safe on the first day and never touched it until it was time to leave.

Food was very good, excellent quality and variety, although the house white wine was just OK. They're very smart giving out small portions as it cuts down on waste and allows for a 2nd main course of something else if you're hungry.

My favorite activity by far was Beach Volleyball. Most days we played from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM and then again from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Sometimes the GO's played, sometimes we had enough guest players that they weren't needed.

Kids liked the archery, ping-pong, basketball, swimming in the pool and ocean, and building sand-castles. Kids club was good, our kids were old enough to choose the activities they wanted to participate in.

Staff were very friendly and fluent in English and Spanish, and many could speak good French as well.

Rooms were OK, not great layout since the person nearest the entrance would be woken up when others came or went in the morning. Also, lockable interior doors would be nice. There wasn't as much privacy as we're used to. :)

Some suggestions for the games room: have more board games! I realize that they probably get wrecked but all they had for boards games was chess and scrabble. I brought Settlers of Catan and taught a few kids how to play and it was a big hit! Some kids aren't that into activities and it's actually good to get out of the sun for a couple of hours in the afternoon, so having more games to keep them entertained would be a good idea.

We'll certainly consider going back there but we might try another Club Med location too (just for variety).

Room Tip: We were in the Iguana building, 3rd floor, with a north-facing balcony. It was fine, not spectacula...
Dear James F,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We appreciate all of your suggestions and have taken them to heart, as we are always looking to improve upon our guests’ experiences. We are so glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including but not limited to beach volleyball, the food, and the staff. Once again, thank you for your evaluation, and we look forward to seeing you at Club Med in the future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just got back from a week in Ixtapa and it was wonderful. We had a family room which had an adult section and separate section for the kids (in our case 7 and 5). It was a great set up. The rooms were clean and well appointed although we spent hardly anytime in them. The kids club was excellent and you could easily pick and choose the activities you wanted (our kids didn't want to be in all day). A special thank you to Vania and Kari who got my daughter over her initial nervousness over the whole thing. The food was top notch. The Village was well organized. I thought it would feel crowded but it did not at all (and the resort was almost full). I went running every day on the cycle path just outside the resort and felt perfectly safe. We have also done Beaches in Turks (stayed in the Caribbean Village) and we would pick Club Med Ixtapa over Beaches - it was more laid back and there was more to do. My congratulations to the Chef de Village Remy for running such a great operation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear DRGV,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so happy you chose to celebrate your holiday with us and that you had an amazing time! We're also glad you enjoyed all our resort has to offer, from the Kids Club and activities to the dining options and facilities. Thanks again for sharing your insights, and we hope to see you again soon!
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We are a family of 4. It was our third visit to a Club Med resort, first time at the Ixtapa one. The beach is awesome. The Mini Club is great. Our sons, in the 8-10 years old group, liked the Mini Club a lot, thanks to the high energy level and positive attitude of Wanny and the sweet, attentive and flexible personality of Genesis . Marcelo was appreciated a lot too, one of my sons wrote a son about him. He is quiet, patient, and nice. The boys appreciated the trapeze, the archery, the kayaking, and rock climbing. The tennis was not as fun because the kids were not grouped according to the skills and they played in the midle of the day when it is hot.
The buffet was less French oriented than I was used to, it was more Mexican. Still they did serve the seared foie gras on Friday and the foie gras on croutons on Saturday. I which they had more gluten free items, for instance, gluten free bread and gluten free bread.
They have nice path not far from the resort where you can jog and ride a bike.
There are several peddlers on the beach, which is public. They often offer you their jewels and clothing items. I did buy sometthing to a Mexican lady who looked like she could use help and indeed, it was obvious she was grateful. But the peddlers are getting a bit annoying after a few days. You don't need Mexican pesos, they all accept American dollars.
Rooms are nice and clean. Beds are very comfortable. We got a room with partial view of the beach and were a little disappointed at first, but the weather being so nice in February, we hadly spent any time in the room. The cleaning ladies made nice animals with the towels and the boys got a kick out of it. It was a nice attention.
If you take the taxi from the airport, they will accept american dollars

Room Tip: Luxury rooms have full view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear thestephs,
Thanks for the kind words about our Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and all the activities our resort has to offer such as the trapeze, archery, and rock climbing. We also love that you found our facilities, Mini Club, and beach to be terrific. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you return in the future!
Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!