We absolutely love this Club Med Village for so many reasons. This was our third time visiting this specific village in the last 3 years. The location is perfect: it sits on the small secluded beach, sheltered by the natural shade of the palm trees, protected by the rocks from the open ocean, clean fine sand, warm water, what else could one imagine for a perfect little paradise. Oh, but there is so much more. So let’s start with lodgings: we only stayed in the Iguana building which has the Club Med Family rooms that works perfectly for us. I love the idea of two rooms sharing a bathroom. It provides so much more space for the kids to run around, not to mention their own TV so we do not have to argue what to watch during those few minutes we are in the room. The Iguana building is centrally located close to everything: the mini club, the trapeze, the beach, the pools, kids’ playground … just a word of caution for those who are light sleepers to ask for a room away from the basketball courts due to noise levels at night.
The food was always good. The very first time we tried the food here we were surprised by the quality and taste considering the quantities prepared each day. But this time around the village has a new chef who’s been showing off the local cuisine much more than the previous chef. Needless to say the food was amazing. I was never a fan of Mexican food until this trip. We give 5 stars to this chef. We did not even know how much our kids were capable of eating .
The GO’s were good. Especially the mini club guys and girls were awesome. My older child would stop by the mini club on a daily basis for a few hours. He has never been a big fan staying away from us but he had lots of fun performing on stage with other boys and girls. He also loved the trapeze and swimming in the pools. Our toddler loved everything she was allowed by age to do.
The chef of the village Remy was great too. Always present everywhere chitchatting with guests. We liked him quite a bit.
One nice surprise happened on our last night there. We were able to observe GO’s releasing baby turtles into the ocean. We were not aware of this but apparently the GO’s collect sea turtle eggs once turtles lay the eggs in the sand on the club med’s beach and take care of them until they hatch. Then they release the baby turtles onto the very same beach and watch them slowly disappear in the ocean. This was just amazing.
Travel tips: flying in from Seattle we do not have direct flights to this destination so we have to fly through LA, Phoenix or Houston. LA airport is the worst of the three especially on the way back when you have to go through the customs and security. You will need at least 2 hrs in between the connecting flights to clear through all the necessary steps. And the food choices are terrible. Our favorite is Phx airport: medium size, easy fast pass through customs, and great choice of restaurants with quite tasty food.
Savings tips: I often find it cheaper to book CM lodgings through their site and then separately book the flights and transport from/to the airport (only $40 one way with a local taxi). Sometimes the CM will run ‘residential discounts’ for guests from LA, Phoenix or Houston. Do search for those on their site. They will book the flights and lodgings for you to/from these cities and you book separate connecting flights. It can be a huge saving.
We can’t wait to go back to CM Ixtapa, most likely next December.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel Ixtapa
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel
- Club Med Ixtapa
- Club Med Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo Club Med
- Ixtapa Club Med
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico during your stay at Ixtapa Pacific. A heavenly Mexican hacienda-style all-inclusive family resort nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Travel to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in spectacular beachfront sceneries. A hassle-free stay for you, an adventure for your kids: practice your favorite sports, indulge at the Spa* or relax on a lounge chair on the breathtaking beach while your children are entertained at Club Med's world-famous Children's Clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Already one of the best family resort for those traveling with babies, this environmentally-friendly hideaway also offers activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Club Med Ixtapa Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.