“Best Vacation Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

and 1 more site!
You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our family (two adults, three boys) had an amazing vacation at Club Med Ixtapa. It was our second trip to this resort and we will be back again next year. My oldest son Jonah would be upset if I didn't first mention how much he loved the trapeze and its crew: Patrick, Joe, Salgado, Joe, Rolando & Maureen - you are all beautiful, encouraging people who inspire and give confidence to kids. The trapeze crew really made a difference on our vacation this year. My husband and I also did about a dozen classes with Stefani, the most energetic and wonderful zumba, yoga, toning instructor. (I wanted to take her home with me!) Archery with Tonio and Dan, so much fun; other sports with Quejaio and Dan, such great guys running fun events; my son Eli adored Diego (sailing) but not for the sailing instead his comedy sketch routine and magic card tricks stand out; Kids & Teen Club were fantastic for my boys: thank you so much for Kari, Christine, Pedro, Veronik, Aidee, Pamela (sad to see her leave!). The food was superb, huge variety and everything delicious and fresh and clean. I can't say enough! Remy runs an amazing club. Honestly, can't wait to return next January!

Room Tip: Family Club rooms offer the perfect comfort and separate-ness that parents may need from their child...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mariane P,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Ixtapa resort. We love when our guests have an exceptional experience and we're so happy to hear you found our staff, dining options and Kids Club to be fabulous. We're especially glad you loved the activities we offer such as the trapeze, fitness classes and other sports. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we can't wait for your next visit!
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

On Sunday, February 3, 2013, I booked a vacation for myself, my wife and our 2 children to Club Med Ixtapa. The advertisement that was emailed to me stated that the vacation was 45% off (6 day flash sale). However, when I looked at the web site, it appeared to only be 15%-20% off. I called the company and a representative was equally confused. She had to put me on hold, and find out that the advertised price was not based on the price listed, but on something called a "rack rate". This is hard to verify. I booked the vacation anyway.

The following Tuesday, February 5, 2013, I saw the very same vacation advertised for over $1,400.00 less. Apparently, my vacation was booked with United as the airline, and they were now offering a Delta flight with one extra stop that was $360.00 per ticket cheaper. I called and asked why I was not offered the Delta flight, and was not given a satisfactory answer. I asked to have my flight changed to Delta, and they refused, saying that my flight was non refundable. I sent 2 emails to the company, and did not get any response. Although I am still looking forward to my vacation, the whole purchasing experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The only way that I was able to submit my review was based on answer the question "when did you travel". My vacation has not happened yet, but it would not let me submit this review without putting an answer to that question. Therefor, I am changing the question to "when was this vacation booked".

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is hands down a fantastic family trip! Great beach, food exceeded our expectations (good variety of fresh fish daily, amazing guacamole etc), fun activities, great staff.

I especially give a shout out to all the ladies at the Koala Kids Club. This was a key aspect in us doing Club med- a place for our almost 2 year old daughter to enjoy and for us to have downtime as well and have a true vacation as a couple in addition to family time. These women at the kids club are excellent,you can tell they absolutely love the kids, and they know what the're doing. Our daughter had a blast...All day long they're taking nature walks, playing at the beach, by the pool, and doing fun stuff, not sitting in front of a tv.

My husband and I played tennis, beach volleyball, did a few flips on the trapeze, took the water taxi to Ixtapa Island to snorkel, and basically just hung out under a palm tree the rest of the time reading and relaxing. We plan on going back next year. Just a really nice spot for the family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear rsgem,
Thanks for the kind words about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're ecstatic you had such an awesome experience and that our dining options, staff and beach surpassed your every expectation. We're especially glad you enjoyed all the activities we have like beach volleyball, the trapeze and tennis. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Repentigny, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to Club Med Ixtapa with my daughter (18) and friends.It was my first experience with Club Med and everything was perfect. The main reason for these perfect vacations is the staff. They make everybody feel welcome, they always have a nice word for you and are always eager to help. My daughter is not really into sports, but she loved the zumba classes with Stephanie, and she even tried the trapeze. Special thanks to Patrick and is team at the trapeze. They are amazing. From your first try, you feell safe and you know your are in the hands of professionals.
The food is great. There is a different theme everynight, so you can always try something new. We even had "fois gras poêlé" one night. I can still taste it! My daughter is a vegeterian and she was very happy with the choices at the buffet.
There is a very nice place to go snorkeling, called Isla Ixtapa, just in front of the hotel. You can book transportation with Club Med and rent the snorkeling equipment at the island. I think a guide is useless for this activity. Everybody snorkles in the same area and see the same thing, guide or no guide.
We were there for a week, but I think 10 days would have been perfect.

Dear Marie_jose_R_52,
Thank you for sharing about your vacation at our Ixtapa resort. It makes us so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff and dining options to be terrific. We're also thrilled you participated in so many activities we have to offer such as the trapeze, snorkeling and zumba classes. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We love Club Med and Ixtapa is our favourite. It is the best vacation to de-stress - from the moment you arrive you can relax and take it at your own pace. The fitness classes, tennis, land sports, sailing are a great way to relax and improve skills and burn off all the delicious food. We go with our family of 4 with two boys aged 10 and 12 and we all love it. It is even more fun if you can go at the same time as other friends or family.
Everybody can do the activities they want and then meet up so everyone gets what they want out of the holiday whether they want to be superactive or a sloth, or a combination of both.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear BluPirate,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you enjoyed all the activities our resort has to offer like tennis, sailing, and our fitness classes. It also makes us so happy to hear you were able to relax at the same time. We hope you visit again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's a very cozy resort where the beach is beautiful the food is good and the GO's will take care of you and your children. Activities are non stop and all included. 2 golf courses are 10 minutes away. I played the marina ixtapa golf course twice and in my opinion it's a diamond in the rough. You get a discount if you stay at club med. I had a blast.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Mohsaad,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We love when our guests have an exceptional visit and we're thrilled to hear you found our staff, dining options and activities to be fabulous. We're so glad you had a terrific vacation, and we hope you return soon!
losangeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Club Med ixtapa
Our last stay was during the Christmas break. We have stayed there 2 other times but not in the busy season. This time it was very busy. My whole family got sick on the 4th day. I do not recommend going to this place when super busy. I know of 3 other families that got very sick as well. Over all it is a fun place for kids. The kids club will keep you kids busy. The rooms r just ok for the amount of money they charge. We had a deluxe ocean view room that was not properly cleaned when we got there. The rooms have ants problem. I recommend not taking anything out of your suitcases. The 3 time .... I have stayed there I have seen lots of ants all over the rooms. This time I took my own ant spray! They have a lot of Mosquitos as well ....make sure u take bug repellent ....! Agustin at the kids club was very nice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear beachdarya,
Thank you for posting a review about our Ixtapa resort. We're happy to hear your kids had a great time but we're so sorry we did not surpass your every expectation. Please know we are currently assessing the concerns you have mentioned and truly appreciate your insights as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to see you again soon!
Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!