“warm Pacific w/o time share sales” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

Save Saved
You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 29 hotels in Ixtapa
sacramento
“warm Pacific w/o time share sales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Super pleasant staff, great food and excellent beach. Stayed in a suite and walked out the bedroom door to the delightful beach. Room was well decorated and in perfect shape. Computer in room but so what. It is escape time.

Room Tip: Go for the suites. Other rooms may be fine, but this is a bargain for near private beach time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear sactoslim,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so happy you had a fantastic vacation and that our staff, dining options, facilities and beach exceeded your expectations. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you visit again soon!

1,577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
santa barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thank you Club Med for providing the perfect atmosphere. Our family reunion consisted of 20 somethings to 90 years old. I think we participated in every event. The GOs were so kind and enthusiastic, and we particularly enjoyed getting to know Christian, the chief of the village. He was
so gracious to us, and easily got us into the Club Med family fun feeling! We are already planning out next Club Med experience.

Dear terrykleid,
Thanks for the review! We're absolutely thrilled to hear you had a phenomenal family reunion and that you enjoyed all the activities our resort has to offer. We're also so happy that our staff surpassed your every expectation. We can't wait for your next vacation!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I traveled with my family to Ixtapa for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the Club as there was always something for everyone to do. The food was delicious and very plentiful. I was particularly impressed with the Chef de Village Christian who was very gracious and made our stay wonderful!!! He is very friendly and makes everyone feel special.

Dear virginalees,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our resort. We're so glad you chose to celebrate Thanksgiving with us and that you had a lovely time! It also makes us so happy that you found our dining options and activities to be splendid. Thank you again for posting a review, and we hope you visit us again in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our first family trip and I can't imagine it going any better. From the moment we arrived at the airport, the Club Med staff was literally there with open arms and this was just the beginning of our stay. From our first steps on site, we were greeted and given a complete tour of the grounds. This trip can be whatever one wants it to be. I enjoy sports and had such a great time going from tennis in the morning with fantastic instructors to volleyball on the beach. Soon after pool sports such as water basketball and water polo. Table tennis in the afternoon, with trapeze and archery to follow. After great theater and dance shows at night, poker capped the evening. The only hard part was choosing which events to enjoy as I only played soccer once. My wife took the relaxation side of the trip, enjoying pool and beach side cabanas under the sun. We were able to have adult time with the evening pajama club services. My kids had such a great time, the baby club and petite club staff made them so happy to be there, they wanted to go as soon as it opened each morning. The staff became like old friends after just a couple of days, so warm and accommodating. I could go on and on, but will leave the rest for you to discover. This vacation can be whatever you want it to be and I've already recommended it to many family and friends. The food was exceptional and again, from eating very healthy to indulging on the guilt free vacation, they had it all. Our room was spacious with ocean views and the kids enjoyed there own space with privacy doors. Every need was taken care of by the staff and it all worked so smoothly. I can't forget the release of baby turtles to the sea, which will live in my families memories forever.

Dear G0Kings,
Thanks for the kind words! It makes us so happy to hear this was your first family vacation and that you had an exceptional experience! We're especially glad you and your family enjoyed all our resort has to offer like tennis, water polo, the beach, pool and Kids Club. We're so glad you had a fabulous time, and we hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had an amazing time at this club! It was our first time visiting an all-inclusive and our first time vacationing in Mexico. A few other families with young kids had recommended this Club Med -- some had been there more than once.

We went for Thanksgiving week - the staff went all out for the Thanksgiving dinner, dressing in their best outfits. The food was excellent - lots of traditional American Thanksgiving food and much more.

The best part for our family was Petit Club Med and the Mini Club. All three of our kids, 8, 4, and 2, were busy and entertained. Our oldest learned sailing and kayaking and loved it. They all performed in the kids show, even the 2 year old, in front of the entire resort. The counselors were great - Ana Laura, Jenny, Selene, Vania and Adriana and Jenny did some babysitting for us - she was very helpful getting our kids to the show so we could make our dinner reservation and get back for the show. I felt very comfortable leaving the baby in their care. My older daughter wanted to stick close to me a few times and skip the mini club but ended up spotting them around the resort and joining them for whatever activity they were heading to. Ana, Karen Rosas Pedro, Sonia Omar and Veronik thank you!! My 4 year old in Geckos had a great time too...I didn't write down all the names but I think Viktor, Jaime, and Dilma were the ones my daughter enjoyed most.
Christian was filling in for Remy as chef du village and he was sweet and friendly, we enjoyed chatting with him. the fitness instructor is full of energy teaching back to back classes!
We did the dolphin swim excursion and took the boat to the island for snorkeling, swimming and a yummy lunch!
I hope to go back next year!

Dear pixidust,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful experience and that you found our Kids Club, staff and dining options to be terrific. Thank you again for sharing about your stay, and we're so happy to hear that you hope to return next year!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Last year I went to Club Med Ixtapa with my wife and then 2-year old daughter. We had such a memorable experience that this year we returned with two other families as well as our own parents. Age range in our total group was 1 to 69 years of age and everyone had a fantastic, unforgettable time.

How good was it? Well my wife and I had originally booked the trip for 10 days. On our last night, a few days after our the rest of our crew left, we still didn't want to leave and actually extended our trip for three more days. Never done that before. I suppose the review could end here. What else do I need to say?

We went immediately after Thanksgiving so the resort was only about 30% full, which is just how we like it. This made for a very laid back vibe and once again the GOs were a great. We were so happy to see a few familiar faces who genuinely remembered us from last year.

The GOs in the "Petit Club" who looked after our 3 year old were stellar and deserve special mention: Vania, Olga, Selene took great care of our daughter and she had a blast with them.

Once again, they also did a great job of organizing the late-afternoon family activities and of organizing all the kids shows at night. Was so fun to see our kid perform in a couple of the shows. Our daughter also loved falling asleep at the Pajama Club, which was great for us. Her night ended at around 8:30, we could drop her off there, and still have a night out.

My wife and I also really had a great time hanging out late-night with Daniela and Diego (a fellow baseball nerd). And special thanks to Polo for helping organize some birthday celebrations in our group. Oh and Isaac, who is not only a GO, but a licensed nurse (!!!). Great to get to know him.

Activities were stellar: Javier and Jonathan are top-notch tennis pros who do great work with anyone at any level. Javier really helped my whip some of my strokes into shape. Many thanks.

My wife also gives rave reviews to Stefany, the fitness instructor who lead a Zumba class that seemed to achieve legendary status around the resort. Tennis was really my focus this time out and after playing two hours every morning and then some water polo or water basketball before lunch, I was content to just lounge at the beach or pool for the rest of the day.

The food was once again in the category of so-much-better-than-it-needs-to-be. Obviously, the Mexican food and the fish/seafood are consistently the most successful offerings. My wife and I did eat at the Luna Azul sit-down restaurant one night, which we didn't do last year. Although I didn't find the food all that different than the main restaurant, it is certainly worth doing for the mellow, beyond-romantic vibe.

I could go on and on with the details, but the bottom line is this: Do not over-think it, just go, and embrace the whole thing. Club Med Ixtapa's greatest strength is providing a stress-free environment so guests can spend relaxed quality time with loved ones (and you'll definitely meet some new, interesting people along the way too).

Go with and enjoy the people who mean the most to you. Do the dances, play some sports, go for long swims in the ocean, eat well, drink some tequila, turn off your brain and have some real fun. This is a TRUE vacation.

Thanks again to Remy, Christian and to all of the GOs. We will be back next year.

Dear Jerodg,
Thanks for the review! We love when our guests have a fabulous experience and we're thrilled to hear you extended your vacation! We're also so glad our staff, activities and dining options exceeded your every expectation. Thank you again for sharing, and we can't wait for you to return!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have done 10-15 all inclusives in Mexico, but this is our first ClubMed and it was absolutely fantastic and better than any other we have done before! We stayed for 10 days with our 3 year old and a 7 year old and all of us loved it!
Kids clubs - We came with no intention to leave the kids in the kids clubs, but the GO-s where so fantastic, that once our kids discovered it, they insisted on going back every day. They learned a lot of skills and we enjoyed the time to work out! My son and his friends agreed that Augustin was the absolutely best teacher. He was playing with the kids, but also very responsible, thank you Augustin for the outstanding work!
Work out – Both my husband and I are big on working out, and usually find vacation work out classes to not quite meet the bar. Here, however, it was fantastic! Stefany is a world class fitness instructor, the absolutely best zumba and strength teacher ever! And the classes are held in an amazing outdoor setting!
Food – Way above normal all-inclusives, lobster, foie gras and yummy mousses for desert!
Room – Probably the least favorable aspect of this resort. While clean, roomy and comfortable, none seemed to have smashing ocean views and very few had balconies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear katiiceva,
Thanks for the review! It thrills us to hear you had such an exceptional vacation and that you believe our resort to be better than any other inclusive resort you've visited! We're also so glad you found our activities, Kids Club and dining options to be awesome. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you return soon!
Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!