“Best trip ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Ixtapa Pacific

Save Saved
You added Club Med Ixtapa Pacific to your Saves list
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Quieta | Estado de Guerrero, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40 880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 29 hotels in Ixtapa
Los Angeles, California
“Best trip ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our first family trip and I can't imagine it going any better. From the moment we arrived at the airport, the Club Med staff was literally there with open arms and this was just the beginning of our stay. From our first steps on site, we were greeted and given a complete tour of the grounds. This trip can be whatever one wants it to be. I enjoy sports and had such a great time going from tennis in the morning with fantastic instructors to volleyball on the beach. Soon after pool sports such as water basketball and water polo. Table tennis in the afternoon, with trapeze and archery to follow. After great theater and dance shows at night, poker capped the evening. The only hard part was choosing which events to enjoy as I only played soccer once. My wife took the relaxation side of the trip, enjoying pool and beach side cabanas under the sun. We were able to have adult time with the evening pajama club services. My kids had such a great time, the baby club and petite club staff made them so happy to be there, they wanted to go as soon as it opened each morning. The staff became like old friends after just a couple of days, so warm and accommodating. I could go on and on, but will leave the rest for you to discover. This vacation can be whatever you want it to be and I've already recommended it to many family and friends. The food was exceptional and again, from eating very healthy to indulging on the guilt free vacation, they had it all. Our room was spacious with ocean views and the kids enjoyed there own space with privacy doors. Every need was taken care of by the staff and it all worked so smoothly. I can't forget the release of baby turtles to the sea, which will live in my families memories forever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear G0Kings,
Thanks for the kind words! It makes us so happy to hear this was your first family vacation and that you had an exceptional experience! We're especially glad you and your family enjoyed all our resort has to offer like tennis, water polo, the beach, pool and Kids Club. We're so glad you had a fabulous time, and we hope to see you again soon!

1,571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had an amazing time at this club! It was our first time visiting an all-inclusive and our first time vacationing in Mexico. A few other families with young kids had recommended this Club Med -- some had been there more than once.

We went for Thanksgiving week - the staff went all out for the Thanksgiving dinner, dressing in their best outfits. The food was excellent - lots of traditional American Thanksgiving food and much more.

The best part for our family was Petit Club Med and the Mini Club. All three of our kids, 8, 4, and 2, were busy and entertained. Our oldest learned sailing and kayaking and loved it. They all performed in the kids show, even the 2 year old, in front of the entire resort. The counselors were great - Ana Laura, Jenny, Selene, Vania and Adriana and Jenny did some babysitting for us - she was very helpful getting our kids to the show so we could make our dinner reservation and get back for the show. I felt very comfortable leaving the baby in their care. My older daughter wanted to stick close to me a few times and skip the mini club but ended up spotting them around the resort and joining them for whatever activity they were heading to. Ana, Karen Rosas Pedro, Sonia Omar and Veronik thank you!! My 4 year old in Geckos had a great time too...I didn't write down all the names but I think Viktor, Jaime, and Dilma were the ones my daughter enjoyed most.
Christian was filling in for Remy as chef du village and he was sweet and friendly, we enjoyed chatting with him. the fitness instructor is full of energy teaching back to back classes!
We did the dolphin swim excursion and took the boat to the island for snorkeling, swimming and a yummy lunch!
I hope to go back next year!

Dear pixidust,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful experience and that you found our Kids Club, staff and dining options to be terrific. Thank you again for sharing about your stay, and we're so happy to hear that you hope to return next year!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Last year I went to Club Med Ixtapa with my wife and then 2-year old daughter. We had such a memorable experience that this year we returned with two other families as well as our own parents. Age range in our total group was 1 to 69 years of age and everyone had a fantastic, unforgettable time.

How good was it? Well my wife and I had originally booked the trip for 10 days. On our last night, a few days after our the rest of our crew left, we still didn't want to leave and actually extended our trip for three more days. Never done that before. I suppose the review could end here. What else do I need to say?

We went immediately after Thanksgiving so the resort was only about 30% full, which is just how we like it. This made for a very laid back vibe and once again the GOs were a great. We were so happy to see a few familiar faces who genuinely remembered us from last year.

The GOs in the "Petit Club" who looked after our 3 year old were stellar and deserve special mention: Vania, Olga, Selene took great care of our daughter and she had a blast with them.

Once again, they also did a great job of organizing the late-afternoon family activities and of organizing all the kids shows at night. Was so fun to see our kid perform in a couple of the shows. Our daughter also loved falling asleep at the Pajama Club, which was great for us. Her night ended at around 8:30, we could drop her off there, and still have a night out.

My wife and I also really had a great time hanging out late-night with Daniela and Diego (a fellow baseball nerd). And special thanks to Polo for helping organize some birthday celebrations in our group. Oh and Isaac, who is not only a GO, but a licensed nurse (!!!). Great to get to know him.

Activities were stellar: Javier and Jonathan are top-notch tennis pros who do great work with anyone at any level. Javier really helped my whip some of my strokes into shape. Many thanks.

My wife also gives rave reviews to Stefany, the fitness instructor who lead a Zumba class that seemed to achieve legendary status around the resort. Tennis was really my focus this time out and after playing two hours every morning and then some water polo or water basketball before lunch, I was content to just lounge at the beach or pool for the rest of the day.

The food was once again in the category of so-much-better-than-it-needs-to-be. Obviously, the Mexican food and the fish/seafood are consistently the most successful offerings. My wife and I did eat at the Luna Azul sit-down restaurant one night, which we didn't do last year. Although I didn't find the food all that different than the main restaurant, it is certainly worth doing for the mellow, beyond-romantic vibe.

I could go on and on with the details, but the bottom line is this: Do not over-think it, just go, and embrace the whole thing. Club Med Ixtapa's greatest strength is providing a stress-free environment so guests can spend relaxed quality time with loved ones (and you'll definitely meet some new, interesting people along the way too).

Go with and enjoy the people who mean the most to you. Do the dances, play some sports, go for long swims in the ocean, eat well, drink some tequila, turn off your brain and have some real fun. This is a TRUE vacation.

Thanks again to Remy, Christian and to all of the GOs. We will be back next year.

Dear Jerodg,
Thanks for the review! We love when our guests have a fabulous experience and we're thrilled to hear you extended your vacation! We're also so glad our staff, activities and dining options exceeded your every expectation. Thank you again for sharing, and we can't wait for you to return!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have done 10-15 all inclusives in Mexico, but this is our first ClubMed and it was absolutely fantastic and better than any other we have done before! We stayed for 10 days with our 3 year old and a 7 year old and all of us loved it!
Kids clubs - We came with no intention to leave the kids in the kids clubs, but the GO-s where so fantastic, that once our kids discovered it, they insisted on going back every day. They learned a lot of skills and we enjoyed the time to work out! My son and his friends agreed that Augustin was the absolutely best teacher. He was playing with the kids, but also very responsible, thank you Augustin for the outstanding work!
Work out – Both my husband and I are big on working out, and usually find vacation work out classes to not quite meet the bar. Here, however, it was fantastic! Stefany is a world class fitness instructor, the absolutely best zumba and strength teacher ever! And the classes are held in an amazing outdoor setting!
Food – Way above normal all-inclusives, lobster, foie gras and yummy mousses for desert!
Room – Probably the least favorable aspect of this resort. While clean, roomy and comfortable, none seemed to have smashing ocean views and very few had balconies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear katiiceva,
Thanks for the review! It thrills us to hear you had such an exceptional vacation and that you believe our resort to be better than any other inclusive resort you've visited! We're also so glad you found our activities, Kids Club and dining options to be awesome. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you return soon!
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We spent a week at Club Med and had a fabulous time. The chief de village was Christian and he and his staff were amazing. From food to activities to games and shows, all was great.

We were a group of 11 family members ranging in ages from 93 to 22 and flew in from different places in the US. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving. Our interests and abilities were quite varied. But everyone found something fun to do.

One of the best facets of Club Med is the food and with a group of 11 everyone found plenty of choices as to what to eat and it was all delicious. Of note was the Thanksgiving dinner. We ordered a whole turkey for our table (we heard that they cooked over 90 turkeys) and I worried about getting a dried out bird. Much to my pleasant surprise, our turkey was one of the juiciest I have ever had. The whole meal was really great.

If you are looking for a high energy vacation, big group or small, you could not do better than spending a week with Christian and his crew.

Dear DenverBob55,
Thanks for the kind words! We love when our guests have an amazing experience and we're thrilled to hear our activities, entertainment, dining options and staff surpassed your expectations. We're especially glad to hear you had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday! Thank you again for posting a review, and we hope you visit again in the near future!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went back to Club Med Ixtapa!! This was our 8th trip there. Found the GO's Great, Remy was a great Chief of Village, Circus was fun for our kids and me. Kids were in the flying Trapeze night show. Joe and Joe were great as well as Rolando and Garrth chief of circus. Polo was a big help while there. Goof food, perfect weather. We'll be back :o)

Room Tip: liked the rooms near the Circus.
Dear Ronald M,
Thanks for the kind words! We love when our guests have a phenomenal vacation, and we're so happy to know this was your 8th time visiting us! We're especially glad our staff, dining options and entertainment surpassed your expectations. Thank you again for sharing about your stay, and we can't wait for your 9th visit!
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Last year I know I raved about this place and the core of the review still stands. Our six year-old still loved Mini Club and now with child #2 along we loved all the options for the baby: Baby Club had milk, bottle steralizer, place to wash bottles, plus if you wanted to leave the baby there they had babysitting and even an baby-depth pool with adequate shade. And you have to love having a decent stroller and pack-and-play waiting for you upon arrival. We removed one star since the restaurants were all closed (and apparently were not open even during peak time) which reduced dining options to just the main building- that gets old.

This year we also confirmed what others realized: go off-peak. We went after Thanksgiving and that let us avoid the crush of people we experienced at the end of our trip last year. While it's great to have enough people to keep things interesting, at full capacity it was just plain crowded (put a towel out poolside by 7AM or risk no shade in the hot sun of Ixtapa). The trade-off this year was that it was so quiet that none of the restaurants were open regularly. In fact one was only open one day during our trip and the other not at all. This is a bit of a strike against the resort since always eating at the main building does get old (as cruise lines discovered long ago).

Mini Club and the people who work with your children are worth calling out for special attention. These people really do care about the children and enjoy working with them and that comes out in a great experience. Agustin Aguilar Ortiz, Jaime, Pamela and the others really made our son feel at home and were also great at comforting kids who had a bit of separation anxiety at drop off. The activities were great: trapeze as one highlight but even just pool time (special pool for miniclub) and Petit Chef were big hits. Next year he will be old enough to do sailing and archery and, if we remember his sneakers, rock climbing. They still have the two kids participation shows which he loved- yes, they should change the songs every couple years for the parents but the kids did not care. The other mini club shows (no kids performing) were also well reviewed by the kids even if they were a bit too silly for the parent who decided to stay and watch. Sign the kids in and go get something to eat/drink!!

The rooms we had (deluxe family room) were great. We really recommend getting a ground floor with deck so you can 1) dry your wet clothes (it will take days to dry indoors); 2) escape during naptime since the kids beds are by the front door. The rooms are all well maintained and though we never knew when it would happen it was nice that they did turndown serivce - even for the baby's pack-and-play -- including a chocolate square on the pillows. The only other strike were thermostats which didn't seem to do anything unless you played with the fan speed. So rooms tended to be on the cold side- or too warm.

The in-laws stayed in the suites. Even better rooms but not for families. This building is great for those who are okay with a kid-friendly resort but want an escape. They have their own stretch of beach, a quiet pool, concierge, pcs with internet in the room and just much nicer rooms overall.

The food is fine. You have a great mix of items so you will find something you like. The quality of drinks seems to vary based on the bartender- but that is expected. The wine remains a weak spot overall with still exorbitant prices if you want to buy a bottle (think $5 wine for $55) otherwise the red and white they offer are just so so. What was interesting is that there are more options than the waiters tell you about. I discovered they had a sparkling wine and a 2nd red option that nobody ever mentions. Neither were stellar but were good options after the original white/red options got old.

So overall another great trip. The people really remain the strong point of Club Med. They are friendly but still professional. The Mini Club people never fail to impress. If we can go back we will be going back again next year.

Dear SFWorld,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Club Med Ixtapa resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you found our activities, staff and facilities to be terrific. Thank you for your insights as we are always looking for ways to improve and greatly appreciate any feedback our guests may offer. We're thrilled you enjoyed another Club med vacation, and we hope to see you again soon!
Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific? Share your experiences!