“Impressed! For sure will go back again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Las Brisas Ixtapa

You added Las Brisas Ixtapa to your Saves list
Las Brisas Ixtapa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Playa Vista Hermosa S/N, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Mexico City, Mexico
“Impressed! For sure will go back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at Las Brisas Ixtapa from March 15-18 2013, and as my first time at Ixtapa I have to say : I'm impressed and can't wait to go back!! This Hotel is very very nice, quiet, nice sleep, awesome private balcony just right to enjoy the sunset and or the beach view. Rooms are quiet spacious and in our case not a single complain regarding its maintenance.

Private beach is just perfect, light brown sand, turquoise-green water and waves to play with…… Pools are nice, good size and a separate pool reserved for adults only.

Staff is great, friendly and always happy to help you. We had our daughter with a very high fever and had no Tempra/Advil or something with us, well we called the service desk and at 2:30 am they went and got it for us in less than half an hour, priceless!!

Regarding the food, Breakfast great! snack service by the pool / beach, not that great, but hey, all you need is something cold (beer, cola, juice, "coco loco", etc) and something small to eat while you are enjoying the beach and or the pool.
We did not try the Hotel's Restaurants for dinner as we went out to "La Marina" where you find several restaurants and enjoyed great dinners at “El Galeon”. The other restaurants are Italian, Tacos (“El Fogoncito”) and Fisher’s (seafood). There is a delicious Italian ice cream as well, you have to try.

Going back to the hotel, I guess everything is said, in a few words it is a great choice you will never regret! This was a recommendation of a friend who lived in Ixtapa and I’m already looking in the calendar the next holidays I can use to go back there.

Tip: If you do not take the all inclusive package, look for the breakfast buffet option, you will save a couple of $$ as the price difference between including it to your room rate is cheaper than adding it daily for 2+ (Buffet is aprox. 20.00 USD per person) and most important is that you will enjoy it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

We were very pleased to know you enjoyed it and willing to come back to repeat your experience. Rest assured we will do our utmost to exceed your expectations to make you feel at home away from home.

Look forward to see you soon at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
north vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in Las Brisas from March 10-17,2013 on an Air Canada All Inclusive Vacation, I had read the reviews and think a little clarification is in order for anyone doing AI.

The wifi internet in the room is included, as is coffee in the morning and a mini bar consisting of 3 coronitas , water and a few pops daily, the only think you pay for is room service and you get a 50% discount if you do, and lobtser is $20, everything else is included. Everything you order is billed and you just sign for it along with a tip, I checked the invoice on the TV and no erroneous charges showed up. It seems like a headache but you get used to it and it really beats buffet eating and I think a lot less food is wasted and so better for the environment.

Now, having gotten that out of the way, the resort is totally and utterly fabulous, the staff speak English very well, they are friendly and polite and go out of their way to ensure you are well taken care of.
The property itself is stunning, I am an avid gardener and I was blown away by the sheer beauty of the grounds, the closeness you feel to nature while being right on a private beach, I have never been to a resort (at this price point) that has so much to offer in this regard. The rooms are spotless and updated, the views are spectacular and the food is actually ok. The only thing that could be improved in the room is the bed is really really hard, but that did not stop me from having an excellent sleep every single night.

The resort is quiet, the pool area is divided into an adult only section as well as 2 general pools just above, the areas are cleverly separated by a wall and waterfalls so you don’t hear too much sound transfer between each. The pools are surrounded by massive acacia trees that sweep over the pools to provide shade and dappled light. Hummingbird, butterflies float by and condors and pelicans soar overhead. Food and drinks are served either in the pool restaurant or if you want they will bring it right to your lounger, same with the beach. Beers are IN BOTTLES no draft beer in plastic cups, no sir.

The beach is amazing too, it is private so no pesky vendors, bathrooms are spotless and beautiful too.

The bellavista restaurant is the only one you do not need a reso for at night and breakfast in the morning, but avoid it the food is totally dreadful and it’s dimly lit and depressing it is the only thing I detested about the resort, we went the first night as we had no reservation and once for breakfast and really did not like it.

The pool and beach restos close at 6 PM so if you want a casual night I recommend to eat an early dinner there, otherwise a reso is needed and the setting is quite formal. Las Brias 11 is a must for the al fresco eating, food is OK but it is more about the amazing setting, just above the beach al fresco.

Italian was great, Mexican was so so but overall better than other AI's.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: level 17 or higher or the treeline will block the view, all rooms have a gorgeous view you can't...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review concerning your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We always read all reviews to measure the quality of service we are providing to our guests as this is the only way to know if we are in the right direction in order to take the necessary action plans. We feel very motivated to learn that your experience with us was an excellent and comfortable one.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've visited Mexico several times over the years. This was the first trip to Ixtapa and we chose Las Brisas on the recommendation of friends. All the rooms had a great view and private balcony. It was nice, at the end of the day, to watch the sunset from the lobby bar. The seafood restaurant was also a great place to watch the sunset and their endive salad with blue cheese dressing was delicious.
The staff was great. Starting with the management and continuing with all the staff.
The beach was private, reached by elevator and no pedlars. The red flag was up every day and everyone ignored it. Our holiday pretty much ended when my companion was caught in the undertow and broke several ribs. The quick acting lifeguard pulled him from the water, management and an ambulance were soon at the beach. Management sent a car to wait for me at the hospital. Later that evening, because my companion was hospitalized, the manager sent me with a car and dinner for two to the hospital. I am very grateful for the lifeguard and the effort by the management to assist.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest:
Your nice review is greatly appreciated
We sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay besides the unfortunate incident your companion had at the beach and our best wishes he is now feeling well and completely recovered.
Look forward to your return to Las Brisas Ixtapa in a near future.
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After many hours of (dreaded) internet searching for our first trip to Zuihuatenejo I found the reviews of this awesome facility here on Trip Advisor. I am adding our vote of "excellent" to the many other fans of this extraordinary place. Even with great reviews....you never know, so I was surprised at how Las Brisas exceeded my expectations in every way. I will always remember the interest Lino took in our daily outings. Telling him about catching 4 black tunas on my fishing trip was almost as fun as the day at sea.

All the descriptions are accurate, but words can hardly convey the feelings of a truly beautiful, safe, quiet beach, or watching the stars move from your own private hammock on the patio. The guests were as polite and pleasant as the staff. Services from housekeeping to the beach snack bar staff to the shop clerks...all primo. And everyone knows that Mexican waiters are the best on the planet. But somehow the staff made me feel that they were personally very happy to see me and truly appreciated our admiration, enjoyment and respect.

The ice buckets for the cerveza on the beach, you can't believe how cold and delicious a Corona with lime is after a romp in the waves! I also had the best Cosmo ever in the lobby bar at sunset. We did not do all inclusive because we wanted to see and visit Zuihuatanjo and Ixtapa both so we went out a lot. We booked the room and the breakfast buffet, open from 7 AM until 12:00 Noon. Each breakfast was wonderful. All the meals we had there were great--two at Las Brisas II and one at Portofino. The view, food quality and service at Las Brisas II all make for a very memorable experience.

I love the layout of the hotel! Long walks in the jungle, pools among the trees, tree top bird viewing at breakfast. And security; I've never felt safer. (I've lived in Xalapa and Mazatlan and vacationed many other times in Mexico). One evening we took the stairs outside from floor 18--the lobby--to our room on 16. There was a security guard standing quietly there. Another evening, after dining at Las Brisas II we went for dip in the ocean. The security guard met us at the elevator. And more, each taxi trip into one of the towns, the bellman took down our room number and the number of the taxi we got into. Another one confirmed the same information at a gate at the end of the driveway--every trip no matter what time of day or night. I felt like a cherished member of their family.

I think I'll plan our next trip there after rainy season. I bet the trees and mountains are very green and lush then. I am fantasizing about how to move from North Dakota to Zuihuatnejo....maybe I can get a job at Las Brisas!

Room Tip: I think I will upgrade to a jacuzzi suite next visit. The day after biking, kayaking and snorkeling...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
We appreciate the review about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
It is much rewarding to know your food quality, service, etc., expectations were exceeded. Rest assured that we will continue focusing our efforts to gladly surprise you again in your next visit to our property.
Look forward to see you soon.
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from Ixtapa and Las Brisas. This was my 5th visit, but the first in 24 years.

The Good:
The rooms - beautiful, quiet, private, clean - best anywhere!
The Staff - so helpful and personable - we felt safe and cared for!
Location - beautiful beach, no people trying to sell you anything!
Towels - Biggest beach towels I've ever seen.... anywhere! I'm a bigger person, and these towels wrapped around me twice!

The Bad:
All-Inclusive - Not so much, they charge for room service, good liquor, certain dishes, etc.
Tours - Bring cash - they will not let you charge these to your room, prices for these were questionable as they seemed to change from day to day!
Restaurants - The food was good... not great. Not much choice.
Kids - The kids were not allowed in any of the nice restaurants, which left us with only one choice for dinners... this got very boring! Also, the kids club was non-existent, only open on our last 2 days - plus everything was either broken or not available.
Children's Pool - this is really only a 15 foot by 15 foot wading pool. Very boring... good for toddlers, but that is it. Also, it was really located in an unappealing area - not somewhere you would want to sit for any amount of time
Entertainment - there is a piano player in the lobby bar, but that is it! Nothing happens by the pool, no games, no music, nothing. If you like quiet great! But, otherwise it is very boring.

One other thing... This hotel is laid out over a large area, which makes it very beautiful, but not accessible for anyone with a disability.

I would go back - for a romantic getaway, but never with kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the review related to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Please be informed that our kids club has a schedule for the different activities programmed for every day of the week. It is only closed during the lunch hours. However, we are following this up with our Concierge staff.
It is our main concern that our guests feel comfortable and happy, please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations, and sincerely look forward to regain your confidence to make your future stays pleasant.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My sister and I went for a week here and even though the hotel architecture looks a bit dated, the rooms were perfect. Very clean and modern with a contemporary feel. Nice modern bathrooms with lots of hot water.

We took an all-inclusive package which was nice since there are not very many close-by external restaurants in the area.
The all-inclusive package meant that we also got to order room service and have our drinks brought to us on the beach (which is not always included). Another nice touch was the bar - they had good tequila labels in house. I was surprise to be offered a nice Don Julio tequila at an all-inclusive. This is probably to cater to their rich S. American clientele who are discerning in their tequila.

The food was very good - and one restaurant has a stellar view - the dinner spot on the cliff.
The pool was not superb and a bit crowded, but I am more of a beach person anyhow.

A note about the beach... the waves at this hotel here are quite rough and you cannot do much more than run into the waves unless you are a very strong swimmer. Zihuatanejo (close by) has a gentler beach.

At the hotel there were many couples and families, but despite the kids it was quite chill. Many of the families were wealthy S. Americans travelling and strangely it seemed like their children were so much better behaved then Canadian and US kids hahaha! Honestly, I never heard a screaming or whining child the whole time - what a relief!

There is a small outside of this hotel but it is very uneventful (constructed just to serve tourists) if you want to explore you will have to go to Zihuatanejo which is a charming and friendly Mexican town with a nice beach strip with cafes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:
We were very pleased to read your kind review concerning your April 2012 stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed it. Rest assured that we will do our best to exceed your expectations when you come back to this beautiful property.
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We just returned from out 8th trip to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and the Las Brisas Ixtapa hotel. As usual at this time of the year, we had perfect weather. When you enter the hotel, you notice the completely open lobby area and the open lobby bar that overlooks the Pacific. Our room is comfortable, with a patio and a spectacular view of the private bay. We had a seasonal deal that included the breakfast buffet and free internet in our room. Speaking of breakfast, the Bellavista Restaurant is open air, with views of the fauna and foliage on the hotel grounds and the bay. Oh yes, and the breakfast buffet is simply great.

During the day, the big decision was: to the beach? or to the pools? We did both. In addition, we enjoyed the town of Zihuatanejo. We had several dinners there (at some very nice restaurants) and shopping at some of the local shops. The hotel concierge was helpful in arranging the dinners.

We can hardly wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: As we said, there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the nice review about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We always like to receive all type of comments as this is the best way to measure the quality of services we are providing to our guests. This is an incentive for us to continue looking for a continuous improvement.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
The Management

Been to Las Brisas Ixtapa? Share your experiences!