My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a weekend trip to Capella Ixtapa last weekend. I can't say enough positive things about the resort and its staff. I realized soon after checking in that I forgot sunscreen, and called the front desk to see if they sold it in their resort store. The store employee actually came up to our room with different bottles for me to choose from, and I never even had to leave our balcony!
Because of a great deal on sniqueaway.com, we stayed in one of the penthouses, which ended up being the best part of the trip. The large outdoor living area had loungers in the shade and in the sun, with fans, and we had our own private plunge pool. We had drinks and sushi at the terrace bar every night, which was delicious, and we ate at both restaurants. The sushi was perfect but I thought the restuarants were overpriced, especially if you plan to stay longer than we did.
We would love to go back and highly recommend the resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo