Each of the 59 suites has it's own infinity, bigger than plunge, pool. All have wonderful ocean views and seem to be completely private.
All the staff were wonderfully friendly. There is a fabulous "fish market" restaurant that you must try, and the Tappas in the bar were enough for a light meal too. Don't fill up on the complimentary chips and guacamole and mini cerveza's room service delivers to your room at about 5pm.
There is a super bike path that loops to Playa Linda and back that takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fit you are. The little gym at the hotel is adequate. The spa was really good. Loved the exfoliating foot bath before the massage began.
Take a cab to Playa Ropa with swimsuits and towels and spend a few hours there and eat at one of the restraunt's on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo