We chose the Capella Ixtapa because we wanted a quiet relaxing break, without crowds and without the "all-inclusive" mentality. We had a fabulous stay. The views are amazing, the food was great, and the staff, all of the staff, couldn't be nicer. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and the servicing was excellent. Highlights include the seafood restaurant for dinner (walk up and pick your fish), complimentary tequila in the library each evening, and the friendliness of the staff. It's definitely not a cheap place to stay (plan on $200/day for food and drink), but it is worth it.
One tip for breakfast - we had a package that included American breakfast each morning. This is shown on the menu (fruit, juice, eggs, coffee, etc.), but when we asked, we were allowed to substitute anything on the menu for no charge.
We took a taxi into Zihuatanejo for a dinner a couple of nights and went to restaurants recommended by the hotel, all good. Being Mexico, we were a little concerned about security in Zihuatanejo, but we had no problems and wouldn't hesitate to wander around.
We'll definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.