Spectacular hotel...wow! I have stayed in alot of resort properties, but this was the nicest by far.
Service was perfect from the time of arrival to the minute we departed. Pleasant, helpful and wonderful staff.
Room was beautiful with amazing Onyx lighting, soft colors, big bathroom, soft bed, nice furnishings. Always perfect housekeeping with great turndown.
Daily 5pm Chips, guac and salsa with beer was a welcome treat.
Restaurants were...incredible. The freshest fish, best cerviche, best breakfasts, best coffee...oh the list of best just doesn't stop. Oh yeah BEST MARGARITAS!
Chef Alex was gracious, friendly and talented. Pool staff were amazing, serving drinks the second you were thirsty, stopping by with frozen treats, and keeping the area perfect.
Guests in the hotel are well heeled professionals, mostly from Mexico and some from US/Canada. Not a good place for kids as this is a top tier couples retreat...not an all inclusive family resort. Seniors would have trouble with the stairs (even though the 6 floor funicular lift makes going up and down the 6 levels easy).
- Spend alot of time at the pool...paradise in the cabana.
- Isla Grande is a 40 minute walk (or 5 min taxi) to the north, water taxi to a beautiful trpoical island with snorkelling and restaurants...well worth the effort.
- Restaurants are amazing
- Drinks are amazing
- Sunset catamaran cruise is well woth it...really fun
- Zihua is a great place to spend a few nights in a place that is more authentic mexican
- Ixtapa is overpriced/poor quality in general, bypass it and just go to Zihua
- nothing...really, nothing
Do not go here expecting a party nightlife, kids playzones, cheap drinks, cheap buffets, etc. This is an expensive, couples romatic getaway. Prices for breakfast/lunch/dinner were easily $50/$100/$200USD every day. Drinks at the pool were $10-14USD each.
These prices fit the quality and service you'd expect...well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo