Everything you read in the other review is 100% true. The staff is super helpful, service is top-notch, the hotel is gorgeous, the food is very good (albeit a little bit pricey and portions were a little bit small for the price). We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View Suite and it was one of the best (if not the best) room we ever stayed. From the infinity pool and outstanding deck, to a great bedroom and a formidable bathroom. Every little detail is amazing. If you are a fan of private plunge pools, this is your place. Most of the them are very private, with a direct ocean view and of very generous size.
It is worth noting that the hotel does not enforce a check-in, check-put policy. Basically, if the occupancy allows, you can check-in and check-out at any time. We arrived at 10:30AM and our room was ready. Our plane back home left Ixtapa at 9:45PM, so we checked-out at 8:00PM, and we were able to keep the room for the entire day!
The spa is also amazing (recently received a perfect 100 score by the Conde Nast Traveler readers poll). The jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and showers are excellent. We also had a massage that was very, very good.
In a hotel this good, the "negative" comments are just nitpickings. For example, rooms do not have iPod players nor any type of stereo (except for the music channels in the TV). The equipment in the gym is somewhat limited. Two treadmills, two elliptical trainers, two stationary bikes and a big set of dumbbells. No other weight-lifting apparatus is included.
If you are looking for a quiet, romantic getaway, look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo