“Best Margaritas in Ixtapa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Outdoor Seating
Description: Since 1984 the place to unwind afte a long day on the beach has been Las Margaritas Cantina Bar. Conveniently located near all the major hotels in Ixtapa, right across the main street, in the Los Patios Shopping Center. Come enjoy the open air ambiance, luscious drinks, and hearty botanas (snacks) from 3:00 pm to midnight, Tuesday through Sunday.
Canmore, Canada
“Best Margaritas in Ixtapa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Half through our visit to Ixtapa we discovered Las Margaritas and enjoyed the best margaritas we have had anywhere ! Our appetizers were delicious as well. We chatted with the manager, and found him to be gracious and helpful and thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. Later I discovered I'd forgotten my sunhat and expensive sunglasses somewhere, probably on the extra chair at our table. I tried not to worry the next day until we returned from our day trip and I could return to see if they had found them. Before I could even ask, the manager went to the back to get them for me while the owner gently ribbed me. We returned to Las Margaritas a number of times and reconfirmed each time that they made the best margaritas in Ixtapa. We've tried to duplicate them at home, but haven't managed the feat yet !

Visited January 2014

Valley City, North Dakota
“Our favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just got back from Ixtapa and had to comment about Las Margaritas Bar. We absolutely love this bar and enjoy visiting with Vicente, Micheal and Florian, the owner. Definitely worth the stop!

Visited February 2014
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
“Margaritas Bar is a great place to hang out in Ixtapa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This bar in the center of Los Patios shopping mall serves great drinks and is a refreshing oasis after a day at the beach or shopping. The services is great and everyone is very friendly. When you need to get away from the all-inclusive hotel vibe of Ixtapa hotels this is a great place to go.

Bellingham
“The best bar in Ixtapa has excellent food too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just returned from spending a month fishing in Zihuatanejo. Even though I was staying in Zihua, I found myself making several trips a week up to Ixtapa to hang out at Las Magaritas. The service is excellent, the drinks are great, and the food is spectacular! Also, there are an interesting cast of characters that are regulars who hang out there including locals and regular visitors to the area.

I highly recommend the arrachera steak. This is a cut of meat you won't get at home. You may see it on a menu at a Mexican restaurant in the US or Canada, but unless it was cut by a Mexican butcher, it's not going to be the same. If you have a large group, ask for the mixed platter that includes arrachera steak, sausages, and ribs.

As a fisherman, I was also happy to find a place to take fish I caught and have prepared, where I know I'm going to get fish cooked properly. I have many experiences in the past at other places where my lovely dorado or tuna filet has been cooked to the consistency of shoe leather. The cooks at Las Margaritas know how to make a proper rare pepper-crusted tuna steak, and can serve up a plate of sashimi with wasabi and soy sauce as an appetizer if you bring in some fresh caught tuna. They do charge for the preparation, but I was happy to pay for the service to be able to enjoy beautifully prepared fish in a lovely atmoshphere. One of my friends that I invited to dinner one night even commented "This is the best dorado filet I've ever had."

Overall - great people, great drinks, and great food. Don't miss it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Divide
“Great Place to Eat or Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have really been enjoying Las Margaritas in Ixtapa. Whether just for drinks or a great Dinner. The steaks are very tender and flavorful. I like the Assorted Sausage Platter also. The Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food