“Found too late” 4 of 5 stars

Los Patios Mall, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Looking for us on Facebook Restaurant bar tequila y salsa brava
Calgary, Canada
“Found too late”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Found this on our last day, but WILL return when we come back. They make the best pina coladas, from scratch, and I'm not a pina colada fan although my husband is. That evening, rather than the all-inclusive dinner, we went with some people we met at our hotel to have pina coladas and nachos, which are way passed fabulous. Looking forward to eating a meal there....with pina coladas of course.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A once-favorite seems to be slipping a bit...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was always my favorite breakfast spot in Ixtapa, for the last dozen or so years. But when I went last week, I was a little bit disappointed. I ordered my tried-and-true Mexican style eggs, and they were still delicious. But some of the little things I used to appreciate had disappeared. Gone was the free basket of toast with the meal. Ditto the fresh fruit (usually mango/papaya) and avocado and tomato slices on the side. The old staff seems to have moved on to other places and the new people are nowhere near as friendly. Never got a refill on coffee, or milk with it even though I asked for that when I ordered. So, in general, the food itself is still good but I think they are scrimping on the little things that used to make it more special, and the original staff isn't there to welcome me like an old friend. I'll probably be more likely to go to Soleiados for special breakfasts from now on.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“seems to have gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times this year and it just seems to have been going downhill started out great then it was good and then it was mediocre and then last evening it was just plain bad!! do not order the chicken fajita dish it is terrible tasted like stewed chicken and the Kentucky chicken was not very good either I will say the Aztec soup was still awesome..i have sent many people here and a common complaint is the drinks esp the marg's don't taste right

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, Minnesota
“First times a charm and we will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to Ixtapa for 5 years now and have walked by this charming little restaurant countless times and just never thought of trying it. So when looking for some new dining options and reading the reviews we thought we would give Tequila y Salsa Brava's a chance. I had the Ajillo Shrimp that were outstanding and some of the best shrimp I have ever had in Mexico let alone state side as well. The presentation on the plate was very nice and not something you would expect at this quaint, clean little place next to an open lot and flea market. My wife had the half grilled chicken which at 80 pesos was a real value and left plenty for lunch for us the next day. The wait staff was friendly and attentive but not to the point of hovering. We will most certainly be back to try something else on the menu and maybe a Margarita or 2 as I've heard they do an excellent job on those as well. Just one more comment on Ixtapa in general. It seems to me that something good is going on in this resort area as my wife and both noticed that the community is just cleaner, more spruced up. The vacant areas and parking lots that used to be littered with some trash are even cleaned up.
I don't think it's just because of the Benito Juarez Holiday but whatever it is I hope they keep it up. Good job Ixtapa! Hopefully more tourist will give this area a try to help out their economy (but not too many as we love the quiet, laid back vibe).

Visited March 2014
Chilliwack, Canada
“A nice place for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband found this restaurant after wandering around the Ixtapa shopping district. It had a nice atmosphere and was a fun place to stop and relax. We started with drinks and they brought us chips with salsa that were delicious. The service was friendly and the food we ordered arrived quickly. We started with a soup that we shared. I think it was Aztec soup,I'm not sure, but it was really good. Then we each ordered a different kinds of tacos and shared. We enjoyed all the food and the servings were large. We'll definitely stop back if we're in the area again.

• Visited November 2013