“Not bad for a Sunday Roast” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 restaurants in Winkfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened in March 2013, Kees at The Winkfield is an authentic and contemporary Oriental restaurant and bar in the beautiful setting of the refurbished Winkfield pub. The wonderful food is freshly prepared to order and you can choose from Chinese, Thai and Japanese dishes as well as Dim Sum and other snacks to eat at the bar. The restaurant is situated in the picturesque village of Winkfield in Berkshire, just over a mile from the famous Ascot racecourse and the delights of Legoland. Royal Ascot week sees a fantastic Oriental brunch from 11am to set you up for a day at the races.
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Not bad for a Sunday Roast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have been a couple of times now. Family friendly, decent food and good service. It has never been too busy when we have went which suits us. Hence in summary, worth a try for somewhere that is a bit off the beaten track.

86% Recommend
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal all round.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Very good, tasty food and excellent service. Quantity adequate so did encourage you to go for 3 courses.
Went on a Tuesday so although there were people at the bar we were the only ones in the restaurant but it is not very big so felt OK.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience, would recommend to anyone or ever go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I took my girlfriend here for lunch on her birthday, we've driven past here a few times and looked at the website (which looked really nice). However the food was so disappointing we should have walked out.

My girlfriend ordered fish cakes to start with, they had no flavour at all and it was more potato than fish! She then ordered a burger with chips, again this had no flavour at all, it tasted like plain minced meat. The chips were soggy and the ketchup WASN'T Heinz! The burger and chips were so bad that my girlfriend did even get close to finishing it.

I ordered duck and chicken liver pâté with bruschetta. I've had better shop bought pâté and they served this with 1 slice of toasted brown bread!! I then ordered stake, which I asked for rare with chips. The steak was over cooked and again the chips were soggy.

We didn't stay for desert and to be honest we should have left way before, don't be fooled by the menu and pictures online. It all looks really nice but it was far from nice. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even an enemy.

The service was terrible, we werent asked if there was anything wrong with the food even though the waitress could clearly see that both the mains were hardly touched when we asked fr the bill. I have a feeling that they have had customers not finish meals previously as she didnt seam othered at all.

To sum The Winkfield Inn up I would say it looks good but the food is terrible, not worthy of being able to serve food and I could cook better quality food my self.

Visited March 2012
Olathe, Kansas
“Really a fun place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

A bit off the beaten patch, but the menu is suprisingly varied and of good quality at a really reasonable price. Worth a stop.

Visited November 2011
Warfield, United Kingdom
“Good food, fresh and hot with friendly but not "in your face" service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Went to the Winkfield for lunch with 10 colleagues from work, we pre-ordered and the food all came out on time and was very good, we have a very enjoyable lunch and I would go there again. The restaurant is very comfortable, parking could be a bit of a pain as they've painted yellow lines on some of the road outside but there is a carpark and we had no problems. Intrigued with the tiny little sitting room that one could sit in and have a drink or meal.

• Visited December 2011